“good time”

Ranked #42 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“good time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

stayed at regente for 10 nights found hotel clean at all times.The staff in bar and restaurant were kept busy and were friendly.It was nice to get proper measures for been all inclusive some i have been to you get small plastic cup here you get pints and at night in a glass.Food was good always something we liked.MY three friends had not been to Benidorm before and they enjoyed it .We are thinking about coming back to benidorm and would definatly return to Regente.

2 Thank lynn y
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Hello Lynn,

We very much appreciate your feedback about your recent stay at the Regente.
We are glad to know you had a good holiday, that you liked our bar and restaurant staff, the food, and the cleanliness of the Hotel.

Please, make sure you send me an email to benidorm@medplaya.com to ask for an Amigo Card, as all repeat Guests should take advantage of the benefits of being regulars to the Medplaya Hotels.
Feel free to ask for assistance for future bookings.
We will be looking forward to seeing you back.

Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
montrose
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

on a recent 4 day break i found the regente staff very friendly at all times. the location was fine and i went to a few pubs up the road and found the entertainment excellent and not nearly as hectic, so only went into the central area on 2 nights on the first day we arrived just after lunch and were told the snack bar was open for food but found they were out of cheese followed directly by no burgers but saying that you can get a cheese&ham toastie ?? the staff made sure we could have something suitable, but not a good 1st impression.the breakfast selection was fine but i found lunch&dinner lacked enough selection although we always found something to our taste the entertainment in the hotel was ok with a main act on at 10pm. the rooms were clean and made up daily i found the beds quite uncomfortable and did not sleep well, the rooms lacked a hairdrier and there was a shortage of rental ones the only complaints about the bar area was friday and saturday nights a big queue formed,just to be expected with the number of stag&hen parties then at any other time the bar service was 1st class on the sunday there was a party of 2 couples who i feel should have been refused drink as they were very drunk-loud &sometimes abusive to people who spoke to them when they jumping the queue. all in not a bad hotel but i think i will stick to 4star in future

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jimmybMontrose,

My name is Paula, I am Hotel Regente's Guest Relations.
Thank you for stating that the Regente is a friendly Hotel with a good location.

It is a shame that you did not inform at reception that you found the bed to be uncomfortable, as we have mattress toppers available for people who prefer softer beds.
We are taking your comments into consideration.
If you have any enquiries, please, email me to benidorm@medplaya.com. I will be happy to reply back asap.

Benidorm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Stayed overnight, had friendly welcome, food was good, plenty of choice for evening meal and breakfast. Parking was a hassle, and it is further from the front, but okay if you enjoy walking. Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Bernard F
Hello Bernard,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Reegnte for your one night stay and writing a review on TripAdvisor.
We are glad to know you had a pleasant time and that you will be coming back.

I presume you did not have time enough probably to apply for an Amigo Card, so I would recommend you to just contact me to benidorm@medplaya.com and I will make sure you get one and will tell you where to find parking in the area!
We will be looking forward to seeing you again.

Wigan, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

Just returned home after a four day stay and have to say the hotel was first class. Staff were very friendly and looked very smart at all times. Rooms were cleaned everyday along with clean towels. Restaurant was very clean and food was excellent. We've stayed in a 4 star hotel for the last couple of years but this is so much better. Entertainment in hotel every night so you don't need to go out if you don't want to. We were even allowed to use the restaurant for an early breakfast before we left. We got tea/coffee, cereal and toast. Most hotels don't cater for your early departure but the Regente were excellent! We'll definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view
2 Thank Pam M
Hello Pam,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. It makes us really happy to know that our Guests enjoy their holidays with us so much that they want to come back. That is fantastic. I hope you applied for an Amigo Card whilst at the Hotel.

Please, feel free to contact me to benidorm@medplaya.com should you need any assistance for future holidays.
We will be happy to welcome you back.

Motherwell, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

A group of 13 of us, aged 30's - 50's, have just returned from the regente. My opinions not so great unfortunately. I think this may be a hotel more suited to an older clientele, I did see a few children but I definitely wouldn't recommend for families as there's nothing much for kids to do. Food choice was awful, I admit the couple of times I went it was rather late on but I didnt expect such little choice. Breakfast was the best meal, sausage eggs, beans,ham, hash brown only two meats & one cheese European wise, breads,not much fruit and very slow toasters. At dinner not much desert choice either..though maybe I'm used to 4* so spoilt in the food area. We ate out for lunch & dinner on last day. Maids great, in every day and very helpful with clean towels, bedding. Room spotless as was everywhere else I noticed. No music at pool which I was disappointed with. Pool bar serves snacks (toasties, burgers, hotdogs) but one day my friend was refused on the grounds she was 2min after half past on his clock, but just hitting half past on ours...even so, what difference did 2min really make? So poor service there,not through any fault on her part as she was very polite as always. My friend and I were sharing a room & were mortified to get our door knocked by staff from front desk on our 2nd night for talking & laughing too loudly(we didn't know the walls were so thin so apologised wholeheartedly...though it was nothing compared to what I've heard in other hotels and didn't complain) & again the next night, although I don't know why as were only getting ready to go out!! After getting pulled up the night before we were very careful about the noise level so were shocked at the complaint. the security man that night was very nice as he clearly knew from being outside the door that we weren't being disrespectful or inconsiderate to other guests at all. We were clearly next door to people who like to make something out of nothing as there was more noise from other floors which was okay with surrounding guests. I was actually really annoyed by this as we felt like we weren't allowed to make a sound & were on holiday & paid same as everyone else. It actually ruined my experience of the regente. The location is okay with plenty to do round about and shops etc. If you don't mind the 5-10min walk to the beach and square for clubs at night. We also had a friend who uses a wheelchair, and although I stress that she wasn't complaining at all, my friend & I were disappointed that there was no rooms with a separate shower, they were all a bath with shower over it,the kind coming from the tap so she couldn't get a shower even though it was stressed when booking that she couldn't use a bath. Also, no-one showed us a disabled toilet in the entertainment/bar area so we didn't know it existed till another guest kindly pointed it out. Entertainment left a lot to be desired to be honest though I've heard worse & was going out anyway so wasn't too bothered. Didn't know AI guests could get half price branded drinks either as it wasn't pointed out. Bed too hard for me but had sore back anyway so that didnt help. My 1st time in Benidorm was great but this was definitely NOT through staying at the regente which is sad as our complaining neighbours(and dining quality) really spoiled my enjoyment and experience .

Room Tip: We were 811 with a pool view so I'm sure odd no's have pool view. Also, there's only 2...
1 Thank Adelev81
Dear Adele,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review regarding your 4-nights stay at the Regente.
We have taken note of your comments and will look into them in order to improve our services. We are sorry if your neighbours made you feel uncomfortable. We always encourage our Guests to bring up to us any issues they might experience during their stay, so that we can try to find a solution whilst on holiday.

I am afraid all our rooms are the same: twin rooms with a bath. We do not have any walk-in showers available. I have checked that your booking was made through Travel Republic, so we realize you could not be advised on this. Please, contact us whenever you might have an enquiry regarding your accommodation, as we are willing to help and can properly inform you of these aspects.

We are glad though that you liked our night guard, the hotel's location and its cleanliness.
Please, feel free to email me to benidorm@medplaya.com I will be happy to get back to you as soon as possible.

cumbria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed at the regente for two weeks at the beginning of May, hotel was really clean and the room was small but enough room to sleep for 4 of us. 2 adults 2 children. Pool was good even though cool due to weather, but no poolside bar open for the first week and snacks were only toasties or crisps. This opened the second week which was better. Peter the entertainer at night was great and the acts were generally pretty good. All staff were were really pleasant apart from one very rude member of the bar staff, my partner asked what the cocktail of the day was going to be as he was making it, he shrugged and said I Dont know, his general poor attitude let the rest of the team down. Lack of bar staff on the buy one get one free nights caused very big queues.which could have been prevented by extra staff, but the staff did the best with what they had. Thanks for a great holiday we will be back.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Waynehcumbria
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Regente, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Waynehcumbria,

Thanks to you for submitting this review to TripAdvisor.

We are glad to know you had a great two weeks stay and that you are planning to come back. That is fantastic. Hope you applied for an Amigo Card whilst at the Hotel.

We are sorry if one of the bar staff members was unpolite to you. We are taking note of this.
Regarding the lack of staff, more staff has been hired. We were not expecting that many people in May, so we are sorry if this wrong planning affected you.

Nevertheless, we are pleased to know you liked Peter and the entertainment we had on, and the rest of our staff.
Should you require any assistance, please, contact me to benidorm@medplaya.com

Bolton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Returned on 23rd May from a four night stay. The hotel was very nice, the reception, bar and cleaning staff very polite and professional. However, some of the guests! Being an all inclusive hotel seems to draw the chavs and whilst most of the people were o.k. on several nights I was woken up by drunken young men banging on their hotel doors to awaken the people already in. Fortunately they left but then a family with very noisy kids moved in. I am not anti child (having had 4 myself) but the parents did nothing to look after them. At night in the bar they were running riot. Perhaps next time I will go to an adults only hotel. The catering at the hotel was not bad although breakfast was the best meal of the day. Perhaps the Regente should be a little more select in its clientele. All inclusive does seem to bring the worst out in people.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kate1401
Dear kate1401,

My name is Paula, I am Hotel Regente's Guest Relations.
Thank you for submitting this review to TripAdvisor, and for the great scores you have given to the Hotel. We are glad to know you liked our establishment and staff.

I am sorry that you came across Guests that made you feel uncomfortable. I am afraid that that may happen in any hotel in the world, and all we can do is encourage you to complain so that we are aware of this and we can call their attention.

If you prefer to stay in an adults only hotel, we would like to recommend you the Riudor, which is similar to the Regente, but does not allow children under 18 years old.
Should you like to book it, please, let me know to benidorm@medplaya.com and I will send you an Amigo Card as well.