“Best package hotel I have stayed in :)”

MedPlaya Hotel Rio Park
Ranked #47 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best package hotel I have stayed in :)”

RIO PARK HOTEL:

What can I say, from when I arrived until I left I can honestly say I have not been in such a good hotel while on a package holiday!

The hotel both outside and in is really nice and modern, with the reception area being on par to some of the classier hotels I have been in while on business.

The rooms are as you would expect (basic but more than functional) with cleaners in every day to make the beds and wash all of the floors etc. Even spending time arranging my daughters teddy bears on her bed every day, which was such a nice touch! Air conditioning in the rooms was excellent!

The pool is very clean with a lot of maintenance carried out everyday and lifeguards provided for a bit of piece of mind.

Food I thought was really good, a few comments had been made that this let the hotel down, but mine and the 5 other people within my party all commented on how good the choice food was. What I will say is all of the people in my party are keen on trying new foods, I am not sure what the impression will be for people that want food "as it is at home". Though there did seem to be "normal foods" every night. The cleanliness of the dining room was second to none, with fresh food being supplied during the full mealtime hours. Guests are asked to clean there hands with wipes provided to do so, before entering the dining room which I personally thought was a positive thing.

Entertainment at night, although not a hollywood production, was really good also. I am not one for staying in the hotel at night much but on this holiday I found myself back at the hotel a few times to watch the shows put on (and to subject the holiday makers to my version of American Pie on the Karaoke! :) ) . Special mention goes to the 2 male singers (cant remember the act name) who had all the kids up dancing and singing (grown ups too!) . The Spanish compare at night was hilarious!!!! For those worried about the full monty, yes they do go fully naked (so briefly you hardly notice tbh), but in a benny hill kind of way, i.e. funny and naughty but not to the stage we felt we had to take our 8 year old out of the room when it was on (she thought it was hilarious!!!!!)

Also special mention goes to the management staff. Before I left for the holiday I emailed the hotel asking for a room on a lower floor due to my Mother and Partner being with us. They managed to get both rooms together on the 3rd floor, but also on returning to my hotel room on the first day, a bottle of gin and chocolates had been left with a card stating "thanks for your letter" and signed by the hotel manager!!! WHAT A NICE TOUCH! Thanks again Rio Park for making mine and my families holiday :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Sheerdrop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (974)
  • Polish first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 15, 2010

This hotel was brilliant value for money. Me my daughter and parents enjoyed Rio park imensley. Something for all ages. The cleaners should be earning a great wage with all the hard graft they put in. (Isobell your brill) would love to visit again.!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
manchester
Reviewed August 15, 2010

me my hubby and grandson stayed for a week , it started when we got to the hotel ,the room was not ready , cleaners was in they said they had done the room , my husband went to use bathroom , and there was last persons no2 in the loo , and the cleaners had cleaned it , the food is always cold hate microwaves but had to use it warm meals , there was stuff going missing from guest rooms , 1 lady n baby was on yellow brick rd when a man came dancing round them , she went to the shop her purse,mobile n camera gone , and to top it of it looks like top cats alley its full of wild cats

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mrsmoggy96
CustomerServiceMgr, Guest Relations Manager at MedPlaya Hotel Rio Park, responded to this review, August 16, 2010
Dear MrsMoggy96

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Hotel Rio Park. We are very sorry to hear that you were disatisfied with the hotel overall, and that you had some problems when initially going up to your room.

Sr Miralpeix the Hotel Manager, the hotel reception staff and also our guest relations team do their utmost to try to ensure customer satisfaction and to resolve any problems our customers might have, and we are very sorry that on this ocassion they were unable to provide you with an adecuate solution during your stay with us.

The Hotel Rio Park is a very popular hotel with many of our customers returning year after year because of the levels of service, standard of accommodation and cleanliness in the hotel, we are very sorry that this was not your experience of the hotel.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2010

First trip to Benidorm, booked 2 weeks before departure and chose this hotel based on reviews and good size pool. The Rio Park is officially 2 star but Thomson rate it 3 T and I agree with Thomson. It's not the Ritz but it's spotlessly clean, the staff are friendly, the food is great. Management are visible and approachable if needed. The location is towards the top end of the resort but only 5 minutes stroll to the resort centre and 10 mins to the seafront. I can't comment on the entertainment as we were out every night but there seemed to be a good selection of both professional acts as well as staff offerings. We expected a basic no frills budget hotel but the Rio Park punches above it's weight and exceeded our expectations. It helped to make what was a great 2 week summer holiday.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bogchain
East London
Reviewed August 11, 2010

After reading mixed reviews and seeing the 2* rating wasnt expecting too much. But was rather surprised. The hotel was spotlessly clean. The staff friendly. Hotel room was very modern and had a nice balcony. Had air conditioning. All facilities and generally friendly hotel. The only downside I can say is that wasnt too impressed with food. But plenty of variety there and did find that a lot of guests were well impressed with food so maybe it was just me. I would definitely return again. Had no noisy neighbours, was on top floor. Cant say anything bad at all.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ritaed
Bridlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2010

stopped at rio park from 24july for a week .ive never ever stopped somewhere so dirty , awfull,in my life , everything was shabby, when we stayed all the bottom floor rooms got robbed of cash and mobile phones whilst asleep. they are pickpockets all over disguised as old women who pickpockets in market .it felt unsafe we flew home early after 3 days due to feeling unsafe and were in our 30s theys more sirens with police than living nextdoor to a police station it was awful i complained and got nowhere, my tip is save your money and go to blackpool.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank kirsty40
CustomerServiceMgr, Guest Relations Manager at MedPlaya Hotel Rio Park, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Hotel Rio Park.

We are sorry to hear that the hotel did not meet with your expectations. The Hotel Rio Park is a very popular hotel, and the Manager and his staff as well as our Guest Relations team are always keen to do their utmost to resolve any problems our customers experience during their stay, we are sorry that this was not possible in your case and that this impacted on your overall holiday enjoyment.
uk
Reviewed August 1, 2010

fab,fab,fab, food, service,location,cleanliness,

great hotel, food excellent, beds too hard, pool cleaned every day, hand hygiene on entering restaurant excellent idea, had a wonderful holiday.

it is 2 star but worth 3, go on and book it, its fab!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family