“Great Location”

Hotel Marina Resort Benidorm
Ranked #78 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed February 23, 2014

the location of this Hotel is Great right in the middle so its not a long walk whichever way you go. The secret Fountain open air bar is Perfect with really good prices As said in previous reviews its mostly occupied by Spanish Tourists I can hold a basic Conversation in Spanish & find them friendly. The foods hit & miss but this isnt a major concern. All in all this was my 2nd stay here & would Book again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank colin l
Write a ReviewReviews (1,577)

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I am nearing the end of a 6 week stay in the Hotel Marina so time for a review.
My first impression on entering the hotel was good. The reception staff are pleasant and always helpful. A special mention to Page who was a big help to me.
Our room was on the 14th floor as we had asked for a high room for the best views. The location of the hotel is just 2 blocks back from the Levante beach which you clearly see from our south facing balcony.
The room was adequate. Being clean with a large bathroom and bath plus a fridge and an antiquated Tv with 2 English Channels The furniture was a little tired looking but as I said, adequate. I understand the hotel is going through a refurbishment program as I write.
The food. At this point I should say that the hotel is geared primarily for the Spanish. At least 95% of the customers are Spanish which for us was a bonus. Consequently the food was typically Spanish which suited us. The food was served buffet style with a chef preparing "specials" to order. While not gourmet food there was always a good selection showing good value for money. The dining room staff were cheerful and quick to clear tables and keep fresh food coming to the buffet. In particular Aziz deserves a special mention (probably spelt wrong).
For regular customers free wine was offered.
The hotel had a daily program of events from keep fit to Spanish lessons to dancing lessons plus much more. In the evening there was dancing and often a show was put on late at night.
Overall I found this hotel excellent value for money and would recommend it if you, like me, prefer to stay in a "non-English" hotel when abroad

Room Tip: Ask for a high room. y
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Bin_all_0ver
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Best hotel I've stayed in benidorm over my many vists, just booked up again for this year, can't wait. Rooms were clean, staff also very friendly. There was a new pool bar getting built when I was there in June 2013, so can't wait to try it out.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Barry M
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The hotel is huge the rooms are clean and tidy and did the job for the amount of time we spent in them the swimming pool is also very big we were breakfast only but never made it to breakfast the hotel is right in the centre of town so if you are looking for the night life you are right in it with only a 5 minute walk to the beach and a short drive to the golf course it does the job I would go back chris

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank christopher s
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The rooms were very clean and the Air con'd and chilled bottled water from the fridge was welcome, i didnt use the swimming Pool because there was a buisnesse function using the area, the breakfast upgrade was good even if it is just for the Coffee. My ground floor room did not have a balcony. The Hotel is situated in a very comfortable area for the Bars and Resturants, but be very alert to pick pockets both day and night. I used the adjoining Hotel outside Bar and used the fast food service they provided to watch the world walk by.

Room Tip: The rooms over looking the swimming pool would have the quieter rooms at night
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank DfDLaindonWest
Reviewed January 28, 2014

my wife and I have just returned from having a fabulous week at the hotel marina and I must say its improved 100% from our last visit 4 years ago the staff are now very friendly in the reception area bar area and dining area English is widely spoken by these people and that in itself is a vast improvement one person that stood out was ANGELA English speaking and her position is to look after the English and to make there holiday an enjoyable one as per usual the Spanish are very rude and have no respect for the English holiday maker and I cannot understand why they still allow outsiders to come in for the entertainment and get the best seats but I am led to believe they are trying to stop this all in all a very enjoyable holiday and we shall definitely return

Room Tip: choose a room with pool view and above 7th floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank samuel b
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Fro m the beginning to the end we enjoyed this holiday. Booking in was very good with friendly and attentive staff. We were delighted with our room which was spotlessly clean and bigger than we thought it would be . The room had Twin beds which were very comfortable a couch and matching chair plus a desk chair mini fridge containing bottles of water, We were overlooking the pool . We were full board . Taking into account that during our stay the hotel had British French and Dutch people staying the food was varied and enjoyable .This is a beautiful hotel which does its best to please all nationality s. We hope to stay here again this year when the secret fountain will be open (it was closed during our stay ) as it is great for sunbathing having a meal or just a drink while listening to some live acts .

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple