“NOISE!!!!”

Ranked #75 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“NOISE!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel should not be given to any holiday makers looking for a relaxed one. We went from 1st December 2012-22 December 2012. The reception was the only good thing about this hotel,it was spacious,and well kept. The hotel Spanish receptionist,of which there was 2/3, did not want to know the English, especially when it was any sort of complaints, of which there was plenty.I myself had to record on my mobile, the noise from inside the hotel conference room,hired out for all the businesses that were celebrating there, to the cost of every one else. It went on till 6 am, 3 times.There were shouting/screaming/etc, which spilled out onto the pool area, for them to have a smoke.Our room was on the 7th floor, and it was still terrible. We went for 3 weeks, and I hardly slept, in fact I finished at the clinic one night, with a reaction to the stress, my face came out in a rash/swelling, and I was given injections etc.This holiday was fast becoming a nightmare. They offered me to be moved even higher, but I refused, as I suffer with Vertigo.Every one in that hotel was complaining about different things, and nothing was done by the hotel Manager. I was told that the hotel needs the money, and that is why they hire it out. Then in came the FREE Spanish Pensioners, for 2 weeks, it was like 18/30 for the elderly. They are the most disgusting people I have ever met on holiday. They owned the hotel,they never spent a Euro, and they screamed and shouted all over that hotel,and I had, had enough one day, and told them to shut up.It was the same in the dining room, it was like they had never seen food before, but I have to say the food was not too bad, but the menu changed when there FREE holiday had finished, it became quite bland etc. The only good point about this hotel, was that it was near the front, as I have mobility issues. The beds around the pool were either broken or dirty, with bird pooh on them. The rooms were old and the bed linen was disgusting.The pillows were hard,thin and long, and my bedspread, had all bobbles on it.The bath room was dark and old, I dread to think what germs are in there, after a summer season.The public toilets in side the hotel were not nice either, as this hotel lets any one off the street to use them. Also one lady in the hotel, had her bag taken from THE DINING ROOM, while she went to get her meal, because if they are letting any one off the streets, they only have to pay for a meal in this hotel, and that gives any thief the entrance to all of the hotel, and this should be stopped. They do not have any security at night either, as they have done away with them. They have a gym on the 18th floor, this also gets used by any one off the streets. Also it says no smoking in this hotel, but I was in the toilet, when the owner of the hairdressers came into the disabled one, and flushed a cigarette down the loo, it smelt awful.Why does this hotel flaunt there own rules, when it comes to there own.It is us the British,that are keeping Benidorm afloat, but once again, we are invisible when it comes to our complaints being ignored. There was one ray of light in that hotel, and that was a woman called Angela, who worked her socks off, trying to take our concerns to the management, but she was railroaded and was told,that she works for the hotel not for the British holiday customers.When we left, I could not get home quickly enough, and we will never be going there again.EVER!!!!
It may be a family run hotel, but only for the Spanish,please stay away if you want a good holiday,if not make sure you are either deaf, or come back at night Plastered with drink, so you will not be able to hear the noise, either from inside or outside.

Room Tip: Do not go at all, because there is no rooms at all capable of giving you a good holiday.
6 Thank Catherine P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
stoke on trent
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

we stayed at this hotel for my partner's birthday in the 1st week of Dec i must say that the hotel was very traditional to the area the only good thing was where it was situated the bad side was the boom boom music till 8a.m. in the morning i don't think the double glazing was upto much,entertainment was much to be desired if you like ballroom or line dancing you will be fine same every night so we knew what was coming food was very repetitive ,we reported light flickering on & off but it was never fixed,in a nut shell nowhere near a 4* more like a 2* go some where different so you won't be dissapointed

Room Tip: don't bother
1 Thank jeweybabe

Travelers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Guardamar del Segura, Spain
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

This was the fourth Christmas we have spent in this hotel on a fully inclusive full board basis.
The only drinks that are included were water and a cheap wine for lunch and dinner, although the food was very acceptable. Tea or Coffee were not available. The Christmas Gala dinner was expensive at 70€ per person and vegetables like Sprouts and Broccoli were not on the menu as previous years, the remainder was tinned, on a table of 12 only one bottle of Red and White wine was served, although when empty you could ask for another, and not all tables recieved a Christmas gift.

One "Elvis" Impersonater sang 50's/60's three times over two days twice on Christmas Day, after lunch in nthe dinning room and then two hours later in the entertainment bar.

The room was "tired" and we were located on the 17th floor only two of the four lifts were working, the temperature control had been replaced by an Off/On switch. The patio doors had to be left open to keep the room cool, which meant there was excessive noise from bars and generators. The mini bar only contained 2 x 50cl bottles of water at 1.40€ each. There was no tea making facilities.

The service from the catering staff was good.

We booked in October and as we had good experiences on previous ocassions, a 20% deposit was paid. When we arrived the balance was paid which was nearly 30% more than the total bill last year. Making it a very expensive Christmas. We are trying to resolve this.

Two coach loads arrived and as there were only two recepionists on duty, which caused chaos in the foyer.

Needless to saying we will be spending Christmas elsewhere.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
3 Thank GolfersChoice41
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and i stayed at this hotel last week. We had booked for 7 nts and only stayed 3 as the hotel was very depressing! It was very old and could do with a good make over. not only were the rooms old fashioned they were also very run down! The door of the fridge was hanging off and the walls were full of holes! The beds were hard and uncomfortable plus the guests were very very noisy! Not the place to relax at all!

Room Tip: Great if your not fussy and are in you 70's
1 Thank Avril M
Alicante
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I booked this hotel not having stayed there before, I admit I was worried however, this was the best Christmas I have had in years. The hotel was excellent value for money, very clean, good food and catered for both Brits and Spanish Guests with a seperate dinning room for for the Gala Christmas Meal which was very, very good, even a pressie from Santa for everyone. The staff were brilliant and service was quick. A really good atmosphere
We were entertained from early afternoon until gone Midnight everyday with various vocal artists, all moods of music and dancing, helping the varied culture guests mix happily to enjoy the party (no jugglers/platespinners/magicians thank goodness) in fact guests from other hotels came in for the entertainment as it was so good. Drinks were cheap and free nibbles.
Location is great. I will deffinately book for next year.
Thank you Marina Hotel Benidorm. Marion South East UK

2 Thank Marion M
gateshead
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

seems to be many varied opinions on this hotel so went for a look myself.it looks like it HAS been a 4 star in its time,but i would say2/3 at the moment.that is probably why i got a fantastic deal on it.we always found something that we liked at dinner, but the breakfast was great and kept us going most of the day.the cleaners must be ninjas as we never saw one,but our room was done every day!the staff were all very friendly,especially the hard working waitresses in the bar area.they always looked after us keeping our drinks topped up and the crisp bowl!.....
I will return,as everything i could possibly want is only minutes one way or the other.special shout to two great guys playing in the tikki beach",the prospectors". fantastic entertainers, and "last man standing",an irish guy who does fantastic songs, and plays a mean guitar!"
before you call the marina,bear in mind the great deals you can get to go there.i got a three week deal at a great price.would have spent more at home too!

Room Tip: all face south onto the road so much the same,but remember there is a noisy gym on floor 18 so i wou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ridster
Leeds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Returned yesterday from one week at this hotel. It is not a 4* but then we did not pay 4* prices we got a good deal and for what we paid it was ok. We have stayed in a couple of 4* hotels this year and they were super, but we paid exhorbitant prices, so all in all this was ok. I am a picky eater but always managed to eat something. There was hardly any staff in the dining room and dirty plates remained on the tables (althogh I cleared ours it was no problem) and when the food on the serving trays had ben taken, the trays remained empty for ages, no one kept checking. Entertainment was fine on an evening. Lots of spanish pensioners in the hotel, again not a problem. I found bedrooms so small , and you could write your name in the dust on the glass top of the dressing table, but the hotels public areas were fine to sit in. I e mailed prior to staying to ask for quiet room. No reply to e mail and we were put on third floor. what noise. boom boom all night, but when I mentioned it to the PR Angela, she said she would move us, no problem, but as we had only two days to go we did not bother. Hotel in good situation inbetween old and new town. Would I stay there again? Yes if I got a really good deal. But no at brochure prices.

Room Tip: Dont bother e mailing for your room preference, they wont reply and you wont get what you ask for an...