“Needs a good referb”

Hotel Marina Resort Benidorm
Ranked #77 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel for the last 10 years for the november fiesta.We choose this hotel for its location as it is the middle of everything so we expected noise from the bars around it but due to more bars opening the noise is becoming just too loud to put up with.The food was the worst i have ever had in any hotel.I have stopped in 2 star hotels and the food has been passable but as the marina is a 4 star you expected a bit better.One day for the meal it was pig trotters ( yes pig trotters) and chicken wings.The show cooking was fried eggs.Next day the show cooking was frankferter sausages.The breakfast was the best meal but we can do without cava at breakfast.The hotel has plenty of amenites and the bar area is very good with reasonable priced drinks.The bedrooms are of a good size but the bedding needs replacing.The hotel is need of a good refurbishment and a better chef.I will not be returning to this hotel and would not recommend it.

Room Tip: All rooms face onto the main street so for quietness there isnt a good one
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank pinkladynewcastle
Write a ReviewReviews (1,579)

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Oh dear, the Marina has seen better days, it is tired, weary and run down. My friends and I have stopped there for many years because it is central to what we want and we have felt safe going back to the hotel in the evening/early morning! The interior decor and the bedding/ towels have been the same for over 10 years now, it's time the hotel group thought of a total refurbishment. The Food is a poor standard during Fiesta Week, according to friends who stay there at other times of the year. Pigs Trotters on the lunch menu one day! I ask you, who eats those!!

The best redeeming feature is the new bar area and terrace which is a very popular addition, particularly on Fancy Dress Day as it gives you a birds eye view as the day unfolds.

Room Tip: 2 x double beds on 14th floor
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Karen P
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here November 2012. A very good hotel, based right on the main stretch (so avoid if you do not want to be in the middle of things, especially in Benidorm festival season-very noisy). Walk out of the door and everything is there!! Bars food etc. We stayed half board and there was plenty of choice of food and it was quite good (proper English Breakfast inc proper sausages). There is a gym at the top of this hotel which was excellent but costs 4 Euros a day. Good bar areas inside with pool tables and outside overlooking the main street. Looks like a 4 star hotel at reception but rooms look 2 star. No teamaking facilities but you had a minibar and a safe at an extra cost. Pool area looked good but to cold at this time of year. A few minutes walk to the beach. Overall 3 star.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Paul B
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Returned from the Marina hotel benidorm 02/10/2012 nice hotel and mostly nice people who were Mostly Spanish ,Travelled with jet 2 ,when we arrived there was no booking for me and my wife,the receptionist asked for 72 euro for the night for a room for me and my wife ,and said all would be sorted for 9.30 am the next morning.I got the money back at aprox 12.30 that day.The hotel is run down and could do with a full refurb,We never had a warm meal while in this hotel,there was very little choice of food and what there was was cold under cooked or both.It's in the right place at this time of year but could be hectic I'm sure in the summer months.Shame but we won't return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the corner or overlooking the pool as these overlook the secret fountain pub...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank John A
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good accommodation, food fine, cava with breakfast, best hotel hair dryer and shower I've ever used. Can't say the same about lifts, my tip: be patient. Hotel drinks very cheap, in the words of my husband "why have a coffee when you can get a pint for the same price 1.50 euro"

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank NewcastleSheila
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here 6 years ago for a long weekend and this too was for 3 nights and was excellent - better than I remember in fact.

We stayed Half Board - which is perfect to set the alarm, go and eat a much needed and lovely full English - or whatever else you want (they have EVERYTHING). There is many, MANY places also to eat nearby VERY cheap but the price between B&B and Half Board was not much different.

Rooms are lovely and clean, lifts can be slow but you are on holiday - what's the rush anyways?

Staff are nice, very effiecient.

This hotel is in the perfect location too, 2 minute walk to the beach and you are right round the corner from all the bars. I fully recommend this hotel 100%

We didn't sit near the pool as went to the beach each day so cannot comment on that.

The Secret Garden Bar is really nice, tribute acts on every night of a really high quality - however not a bar for anyone under 50 really, we went one night for a drink but felt very young (35 and 42 lol). However we would sit on our balcony after getting ready sipping on a drink listening to whatever act was on as we we could look down on the bar.

Room Tip: We were on 14th floor, so can take a while in the lifts. from our side we could see the sea (cant re...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Louise E
Reviewed October 30, 2012 via mobile

Well this was my 4th stay and my 3rd with my friends ( all 15 of them ). We love this hotel as its Mao close to the beach , shops and bars just at the corner. It's so good value that we hope to be there again next year for our 17th year of girls weekend away. And this is the only hotel that they all say yes to coming back every year. See you all in 2013. Will be there with my husband in May and friends hopefully if we can get booked in Oct once again.

• Stayed: October 2012