“The only Hotel for me in Bemidorm”
Review of Hotel Don Pancho

Hotel Don Pancho
Ranked #3 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“The only Hotel for me in Bemidorm”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is in an ideal situation, near beach, shops and public transport
The staff are very helpful and friendly
The hotel has every comfort, lovely decor and two swimming pools
The evening entertainment is excellent with a superb Spanish resident group which attracts dancers from all over Spain.
I have visited this hotel many times and the standards have always been high.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank hugtop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (743)
  • Finnish first
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I returned to Benidorm having experienced family holidays in the seventies when our children were small. The Don Pancho at that time was the Blue Ribbon Hotel of the resort and way out of the financial reach of a young family.
We have just returned following a two week half board stay, 21st Sept to 5th Oct 2013 and can report that the reputation of the hotel still offers the Platinum status it is known for.
The attention from the staff on all levels was excellent, the ambience of the hotel was relaxing.
There was plenty of choice in the dining room where we had very good meals.
Our room was spotless with a lovely view of the sea.
A well placed hotel on a bus route to get out and about and on the flat, ideal for anyone with a disability. Tip 1 euro 50 cents on a number 10 bus will take you up the coast to Altea.
We will definitely be returning next year and can honestly recommend The Don Pancho Hotel.

2 Thank Elizabeth S
Don-Pancho-Hotel, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Don Pancho, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thanks for spending your time writing this comment and also for sharing it with all TripAdvisor users.

We are glad to hear you wanted to visit us from 70’s!!! and finally we have made your wish exceeding your expectations.

Once again, thank you for your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back to Benidorm.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 5, 2013

this hotel suited my wife and I in every respect. Firstly,we were given the exact room we requested by e.mail,check in was smooth and staff very helpful. The location was ideal,close to beach,clubs,bars,ect.I suffer from arthritis and it was a pleasure to be able to get out and about from this location i.e no hills nice and flat. The hotel itself was first class stylish,well run with great friendly staff. Food was probably the best we have experienced choices to suit every one. We are looking forward already to our next visit.

Room Tip: e mail hotel
1 Thank john r
First to all, thanks for sharing your opinion in TripAdvisor website.

We always do our utmost to assure your satisfaction in our hotel. Because of this we try to comply your previous requests.

Besides, it is a pleasure to see that you have valued positively our food, location and service.

We hope to welcome you very soon and do not hesitate to contact us for your next reservation.
Wales
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed at the Don Pancho Sept 21st - 28th. We had been to Benidorm many times previously but this was our first stay at this hotel.
Check in on arrival was very quick, lift waiting, straight up to our room on the twelfth floor with a walk in shower which is exactly what I had requested in an email. The rooms are small but spotlessly clean with a fridge and the best hair drier I've ever had in a hotel abroad.
The food was excellent with ample choice for the most fussy eater (myself included). The tables are very close together and we had some lovely conversations with our table neighbours during dinner. It became very busy at times with the matradee showing you to a table on most nights. I didn't find the restaurant staff particularly friendly, they do not say good morning/good evening etc and the plates are not always cleared quickly enough.
The pool area is an adequate size and we never had a problem finding a sunbed even at 11am, they may have not been in the best spot but that was not a problem for us. If you looked over the balcony at 8.55am you saw the same people bagging the same spot every day. On at least 2 days 4 beds were reserved by 9am and we're not occupied until 11.30, this I think is extremely selfish of the people and is not the hotels fault.
The entertainment was a bit hit and miss. We enjoyed Elvis and the Flamenco Dancers. As previous reviewers have stated it seems geared to Spanish guests, however, this is not a problem with all the other entertainment on your door step.
We are in our mid 40's and this was our first experience of the noisy end of Benidorm and although this hotel is truly beautiful we go on holidays to relax and due to the location of the hotel to bars and clubs having a good nights sleep was impossible.
We had a lovely holiday, just wish we could move the hotel down the quiet end.

1 Thank tlkel
Don-Pancho-Hotel, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Don Pancho, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Thank you a lot to take your time to post a comment in TripAdvisor about your recent stay in Don Pancho hotel.

We always value our guests opinions and try to maintain a high standard of quality and service. We are happy to see that you enjoyed of your stay here with us.

We are sorry but we can’t change the hotel location. This location is one of the most important values of Don Pancho hotel!

We hope to welcome you back to Don Pancho very soon.
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

had a second holiday very close to first one to meet some close friends thought we might suffer from hotel fatigue 'just the opposite!as soon as we entered reception we were greeted nice to see you again same in dining room bossman walked straight over and shook hands food was probably as good as any hotel we have been in all in all an ideal base for a benidorm holiday

Room Tip: any floor over level 3 escapes traffic noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
First of all we would like to thank you for choosing twice Don Pancho as your destination here in Benidorm.

We are pleased to see that you again enjoyed our hotel and staff.

We hope to welcome you back to Don Pancho very soon.
England
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel from the 3-10th of September, I have been to Benidorm many times before and always wanted to stay at this hotel and to be honest I was a little disappointed.

The positives:

-Check in was quick and easy even though there were a lot of other people checking in at the same time, we got straight into the room and had a lovely seaview, we were on the 7th floor.
-The food was very good, I am a very fussy eater but every night I found different things for me to eat, the desserts were also excellent.
-We did one of the trips to MundoMar and it was the most amazing day, I would recommend it to anyone, we spent the whole day there and saw the dolphin show and got our pictures took with the dolphin it was a really a day I will never forget.
-The whole hotel itself is spotless; the room got cleaned amazingly well every day.

The negatives:

-Having to wait every day for the pool doors to open was a joke, people were queuing up at 8 o clock to get a sunbed. I have stayed in many hotels in Benidorm and Egypt and have never known this before, the pool was far too small for the size of the hotel.
-The staff didn’t really give you a welcome at all, they just seemed ignore you and weren’t really bothered that you were there. It would be nice if you got a little bit of a welcome from the staff.
- Being a 21 year old I really didn’t feel this hotel was for my age at all, I am not one for the bars and pubs but I would have liked a bit of an atmosphere and I didn’t feel like the hotel had one at all.

Overall I did enjoy my stay, however I think I enjoyed being outside of the hotel more than I did being inside it. I really enjoyed walking to the old town every night because the entertainment in the hotel wasn’t for me at all. I think if I did return to Benidorm I don’t think I would return to the hotel.

Room Tip: A trip to MundoMar is must, the best trip I have ever done and would recommend it to anyone.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Janine1873
Thank you a lot for being so kind to take your time and to post a review in TripAdvisor regarding your recent stay in Don Pancho.

We appreciate a lot your nice words regarding our food, facilities and quick service.

We regret to know that you had some inconvenience during your stay with the hotel pool area. Sorry, but it’s difficult to have large outdoor spaces if the hotel is within the Benidorm city.

Also, we apologize if any member of our staff was not as friendly as you expected. Sorry, we usually do not have negative comments about our staff.

We always value our guests opinions, even if these opinions are not 100% positives because they also help us to improve our service and facilities.

Kind Regards.
england
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Visited here last week of the school holidays with Thomson holidays. Were told we would be first drop off at the airport but were not as no rep on coach and driver chose other hotel first adding 20 mins for us.
Check in was quick as we were near front of the queue. Had e-mailed for high floor and got 16th would have liked 17th as all done up. Room was ok but needs up dating. Took our own kettle as none provided. Safe in room was cheap to hire. Towels changed daily. Took our own pool towels but hotel does hire these.
Staff friendly and ate in pool bar a few times. Went out at night so can't comment on bars etc. Food in hotel good at breakfast and evening meal times. Wine a good price too. Had no trouble getting a lift up or down.
Have been to resort before but not this hotel. Was a bit of a fight to get a sunbed with a mad rush each day as the doors are opened and crafty children jumping the queue for their grown ups. Pool area very small and children were noisy taking over the pool at times. Not really a hotel for families as nothing for little ones to do.
We enjoyed our stay and would consider this hotel again but would ask for a up dated room as this would make it a 4* for us and not a 3*
Thomson also need to look at return pick up time as your holiday end is spoilt by such an early pick up time and a long wait at the airport.

Room Tip: High floor 17th new up dated rooms
1 Thank blossomEngland
We are absolutely delighted to read that you enjoyed your accommodation. We truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you.

We would like to thank you very much for your comments regarding our staff, our food and service.

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again at Don Pancho hotel in the future.