“Don Pancho Benidorm”
Review of Hotel Don Pancho

Hotel Don Pancho
Ranked #3 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Don Pancho is situated close to Levante beach roughly 200-300 metres away and close to night life, shops etc all a short walk away. The beach is nice with bed hire (Aug 2013) for 4 euro each and the same for a parasol).
The entrance to the hotel is quite impressive and the reception area nicely decorated. Our check in was hassle free and the staff were pleasant and helpful.
There are 5 lifts in the reception area so there were no queues when we checked in although there quite a few people checking in at this time.
We stayed on th 9th floor which is around half way up the hotel I think it has around 18 floors which isnt too bad in comparisson with the typical Benidorm hotel.
Our room was fairly average in size nothing to moan about although it was quite dull and poorly decorated. Yellowish woodchip wall paper on three walls and orange on the wall behind the headboard with the wardrobes a dark old fashioned wooden style all in a sort of 70/80's look (probs the last time they were decorated??)
Overall the hotel was exceptionally clean and tidy and the staff were very pleasant and helpfull, however I would have a few reservations about returning to the hotel if I was returning to Benidorm.
When we were there the hotel was definately geared towards more elderly/mature customers with very few young people or families. The hotel is very quiet and peaceful so be careful when your booking it really depends on what your after. I didnt mind too much however the entertainment is all easy listening type stuff so we only spent half a night at the hotel entertainment, but it might be exactly what others are looking for.
The only complaint I would have about the hotel would be the dinners. We were half board and ate in the resturaunt the first 5 nights but then ate out after that. All the 5 nights the dinners were not very hot, infact quite cold. I rarely complain about food on holiday but one thing it has to be is hot, things get too dangerous when they are only luke warm at best. Leading into the resturaunt they have a table with hand gel and wipes saying its to prevent out breaks of Noro Virus, however I would suggest luke warm food provides a greater risk with similar results as the Noro virus ( take from that what you will).
I cant comment on the pool area I didnt go to it, I spent the days down the beach. There seemed to be a decent sized area for beds although the pool was quite small looking. Maybe it is sufficiant as most of the people staying in the hotel were elderly so not many people seemed to use it.

4  Thank whipthetoad
Don-Pancho-Hotel, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Hotel Don Pancho, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

We appreciate so much your time and your comments on TripAdvisor about our Don Pancho .

We always welcome any type of comment so that we can always be on the look out what our clients need for a unforgettable. We are sorry if the dinners were not very hot for you, we still haven’t had complaints about this.

We hope to get a chance to welcome you here once again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Don Pancho

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was our 5th visit to the Don Pancho and we wouldn't go to any other hotel in Benidorm.
We requested and got a renovated room on the 17th floor. It was slightly more modern than the other rooms - glass fronted wardrobes and new headboards and cream bedspreads, but definitely a bit smaller than some of the rooms we have been in previously. So, as much as we like a high floor, I wouldn't deliberately ask for the 17th floor. I think I would rather have a larger room than a smaller, modern room. Still, the room was very nice and we have no complaints at all about this hotel. We will be back next year!

3  Thank MANILOW43

Thank you very much for your time reviewing your recent stay with us in Don Pancho with your positive comments about it.

Also, we would like to inform you that the renovated rooms have the same dimensions than the old ones, but in each floor are rooms of different sizes.

We are looking forward to see you in your next visit to Benidorm.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was a family holiday long over-due for myself and hubby. I am 33 and he is 37 and we travelled with my inlaws who are both in their 60's. I have to admit the holiday was chosen by my mother-in-law and Benidorm was not really a place I wanted to visit. Although I knew that the hotel was rated 5 star by Thomson I was disappointed to read several reviews on Trip Advisor saying that the hotel had an older clientel. As a couple in our thirties who still consider themselves very fun loving, the thought of being and I qoute "an extra from the film cacoon" was off putting. Thankfully as our coach pulled up outside the hotel we soon realised that we had made a great choice. The hotel is well situated to the Levante beach and the bustling promanade and looks as impressive in real life as the photographs on the internet. The lobby and lounge area is beautifully decorated and the hotel staff swiftly checked in a large number of new arrivals, with our passports returned immediately. As many reviews stated the rooms on all floors are slightly dated but they are soacious, clean and all with a beautiful sea view ( we were lucky to be placed on the 10th floor.). Meal times are well timed and cater for early/ late risers and again people who like to eat early in the evening or later on. We had a meal out one night and were able to replace this lost meal on any other day we liked, something we have not experienced before in other hotels. The food is fantastic and caters for a wide range of dietary requirements and the odd fussy British eater ( my father-in-law!) The choices changed each night and we found the food to be fresh and hot at all times. The waiting on staff and indeed all the staff we encountered (apart from a slightly grumpy bar man!) to be helpful, attentive and friendly. We did not watch any of the inhouse entertainment as we preferred to experience the bars on the promanade but the drinks in the bar were reasonably priced on the couple of occasions we had a drink before heading out. The swimming pool and sunbed area were not as overcrowded as previously had been noted, and the times we used this area we found no problem accessing either. It did amuse me and my hubby to watch the same few people lining up each morning for the obligatory beach towel reservation system some brits like to do but this didnt impact on us later in the day. I have to say that Benidorm suprised me and I really enjoyed my exeperience of the resort. Yes there are many loud, lairy brits in various bars across the resort but we etayed away from these areas and spent many enjoyable evenings sipping cocktails and San miguel watching the world pass by. Highlights have to include Mundomar, Benidorm Palace and the Arabic Jewels trip with Thomson. Take my advice if you want to experince a fantastic hotel in an ideal location then the Don Pancho is the holiday for you. Thanks for a fabulous holiday!

Room Tip: We read many times about floor 17 being rennovated but any room above about floor 6 will provide gre...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Katie S

Thank you a lot for taking your time to post as detailed comment and in this way to share with other TripAdvisor users about your experience in Don Pancho.

We works hard every day to assure the comfortability of all customers, so your comments are very important to us to offer the best service.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back very soon here to Don Pancho hotel.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We have spent 2 or 3 holidays in Benidorm for the last 20 years, and enjpy it's superb free entertainment that suits all tastes. We have stopped at most of the hotels in the Levante area, and have never had a bad experience. However, by far the best has been the Don Pancho Hotel, it is spotless, the rooms well appointed, the food is superb, all the rooms have the sun all day, it has excellent entertainment every evening and whereas most of the other hotels have allowed dress standards to drop, the Don Pancho has maintained theirs. Smart casual clothes are permitted, we like to dress for dinner and you would not be allowed be allowed in the dining room wearing shorts or Tee shirts.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gripo08

Thank you for choosing Don Pancho hotel as your destination here in Benidorm and also for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor.

We always value our guests opinions and try to maintain a high standard of quality and service. I am happy to see that you enjoyed some aspects of your stay here with us.

It will be great to welcome you back again in Don Pancho hotel.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Over the last 3 years my wife and I had stuck with Thomson Gold, but after our last Gold holiday at the Picafort Park in Majorca decided to step up to Platinum choosing the Don Pancho. What an excellent decision apart from our last 'lazy-relaxing' day by the pool. This was the day "the kids took over".

Kids will be kids, we should know we brought two up, but unfortunately some grown ups (including Nans and Grandads) do not know how to control said kids, with the resultant continual jumping in the pool, throwing of balls, squirting of water pistols, running around, bashing into sunbeds and ear piercing noise leaving many guests very annoyed.

Thankfully our last day was spent on the beautiful beach, but by all accounts it got worse with the gang growing in size. We were aware beforehand kids may be present, and for our first 12 days there were many around but no problem at all, as a matter of fact they were all well behaved and polite.

If parents are thinking of taking their children to the Don Pancho, please think again there are no facilities at all for them, and also if you are kid-free and want a relaxing holiday be prepared for bad parental results.

HOTEL REVIEW (*****)

1. Arrival

We quickly realised the location was ideal as said before in previous reviews very close to the beach and right bang in the centre of all the night life, first impressions of the reception and cleanliness of the area looked very promising.

2. Check In

Very efficient, we asked for a high floor to escape any possible night life noise and was pleased to be offered floor 16.

3. Our Room

Very clean with stunning views across the bay and over Levante beach, looking right down on to the swimming pool. Much reported about floor 17 being more modern but we found our room very nice indeed. After all we did not see much of it during the two weeks out partying all night and chilling during the days.

4. Pool Area

Small pools for the size of hotel, but this is quite common for Benidorm. One pool purely for swimming the other much more shallow was ideal for lounging about chatting to other couples.

5. Sun beds

This was no different from any other hotel at any other resort, if you really wanted a particular spot or area, you got up before 8 and put your towel down at 9 and that was that. However if not concerned about where you wanted a bed, they could always be found. If prepared to wheel them around you could even move them to your favourite spot. Quite often there would be single beds in different areas of the pool.

6. Meals

Long trousers had to be worn at evening meal time, but we have got used to this rule over recent years. Only had evening meals but a nice touch if you want to go out of an evening (for example to the Benidorm Palace a well recommended show) you could take your meal at lunchtime instead.

All meals of excellent choice and varied. Service very good with very friendly staff, one particular mention to the show cooking chef who was a very happy jolly friendly man, a credit to the hotel.

The entrance to the restaurant had hand wash-cleanser available to help prevent any nasty bugs and the cleanliness of the dining area was generally good, although on a few occasions we had to swop knives and forks for cleaner ones, and the same when selecting plates and bowls.

Unfortunately within 48 hrs of returning home I had a really bad case of sickness and diarrhea (I hope it wasn't that dreaded food p word). I cannot possibly blame my wife's cooking plus we had exactly the same meal when home so put this down (rightly or wrongly) to the prawns in shells I had on the last night before we left. She did not have any and was OK. I had them several times during our stay and really enjoyed them, when I eventually got the hang of de-shelling, with no problems at all. In any case if it was one dodgy prawn there is no way the hotel could be held responsible for that and certainly did not affect our high rating we feel it deserves.

7. Entertainment

Cannot comment on the hotel entertainment or bar as we went out every single evening to the massive choice of great acts right on the doorstep, including great tribute acts such as as Shoewaddywaddy, ABBA, Black Eyed Peas, Bon Jovi, Queen, Lady Gaga, Bay City Rollers, Olly Murs 10 o'clock to name but a few.

We also saw great comedians including Chrissie Rôck and Albi Senior. However we caught the start on one night and the end on another of a disgusting vulgar thing calling himself Chubby Brown. All I can say is think about what many big named celebrities have been charged with of late and think about this perv touching women and young girls on stage "legally??". On top of this his well over used use of the f and c words was totally disgusting.

One act we would really recommend and one we saw on several occasions was the Cabeytu Brothers. Unlike any other show we saw more than once, every single performance was different.... and brilliant. They can play a massive variety of musical instruments and music from any genre. I would even go as far as to say one of our all time favourite acts.

8. The Thomson Rep

Available occasionally if needed, professed to be the resort expert, but could not see him before we left to tell him the no 3 bus does not stop outside the hotel!!

9. Things to do.

Absolutely spoilt for choice, but we went on safari, hired mobility scooters (whilst still legal), went to a great show at the Benidorm Palace. Buses only cost €1.50 to go anywhere.... although I think it would take some time to get to Barcelona.

10. Hotel Service

Exceptional with very helpful and friendly reception desk. We only had one problem with anything and that was poor wifi reception in our room. As soon as they were told they were on the case and as they could not address gave us a full refund, which we thought was brilliant. Their words we want to give you good service and for you to leave happy..... and they certainly did that.

Overall Summary

First ever visit to Benidorm and loved it. The Don Pancho was an EXCELLENT choice and would recommend to anyone. We had a brilliant holiday. Thank you to all the staff.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better sea views and are above any possible night time noise
4  Thank SWester

First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen Don Pancho and also for having taken some of your valuable time to send us your comments.

It is a pleasure for us to receive these detailed reviews from our customers. Your opinion is very important for keeping working to obtain all our customer experiences as yours.

We hope that it won’t be too long before you come back to Benidorm and we hope to welcoming you back again in Don Pancho hotel.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

All I can say is great food great staff even down to our cleaner on our 9th floor room great views from up there staff very accommodating nothing to much trouble defiantly recommend this hotel to any age will be visiting it again

Room Tip: Anything higher than the 3rd floor if your not frightened of heights fantastic views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Janet H

Firstly, thank you very much for choosing Don Pancho Hotel for your recent visit to Benidorm.

It’s a pleasure to read your comments about your stay in our hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to the Don Pancho hotel in your next visit to Benidorm.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Just returned from Benidorm stayed in the Don Pancho this is our 6th time staying here,staff are great nothing is to much trouble for them they are helpfull and friendly.
the food is excellent with loads of choices.The Hotel is central to the main entertainment bars and clubs but you don,t hear any noise coming from the bars or clubs at night.
The rooms are clean and tidy your towels are changed every day I would recommend this Hotel to anyone planning a holiday in Benidorm.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean and tidy a great location
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank William M

We really appreciate so much your positive comment about your experience in our Hotel Don Pancho.

We are delighted that you had good experience of the hotel and thank you for your kind comments about the staff, facilities, food and hotel location.

We are looking forward to see you soon, in your next visit to Benidorm.