“dated but nice hotel”
Review of Hotel Don Pancho

Hotel Don Pancho
Ranked #3 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed July 12, 2011

just come back on the 9th july, enjoyed our stay , the staff were really good, no complaints with the food, the hotel needs updating badly, if only the balconies were clear glass instead of the orange coloured ones the view was spectacular when you stood up, to enjoy the view it would have been nice to sit on the balcony and just look out to sea but felt you was in an orange bubble,apart from that it was really a nice hotel,
no problems with the loungers plenty of them around, would go back again.
I,m sending this report on behalf of my son and daughter-in-law, (all their own words )

Room Tip: ask for high floor
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mariethomas

Reviewed July 9, 2011

I came home today 9 th July from 11 days at the Don Pancho. This is a beautiful hotel.BUT it's becoming very old fashioned and needs updating.
the food is great. Hot tasty & of really good quality.the staff are polite,well trained and efficient.
Tfe swimming pool is small and queuing for an hour in the morning is a joke.I have arthritis and cant stand around for that length of time.
The entertainment is strictly for the over 70s. mostly Spanish people.I would not use it.
The bedrooms are really old fashioned. Bathrooms very tired.
I love the Don Pancho.it's a great hotel.I will go again as soon as I can. I just wish they would bring it into the 21st century.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank caroldeeg
Reviewed July 3, 2011

this hotel is the best weve stayed in ......reception ..bar..resteraunt..cleaners...staff couldnt be more friendly...hotel is very very clean ...5 lifts so not much waiting around ..breakfast and dinner was the best weve had in benidorm in fact dinner was brilliant too much to pick from ...the hotel is situated 5 mins from the new town..15 mins from the old town..2 mins from the beach..so is pefectly placed..if your a sun worshipper you will have to get down for 8.30 to bag a sun lounger (i thought the germans were bad haha its the brits now) but if your bum isnt on the lounger by 10.30am youre towel can be taken away and someone else can claim your lounger...the best thing to do is go to the beach until 2-3 pm then go back to the hotel then most of the loungers will be free again .word of warning!!!!! look out for the potato and pea men ...and kids collecting for charity wot ever you do give these people a very very wide berth .....this hotel is one of the best in benidorm you wont be disapointed........

Room Tip: any thing above the 7th floor sea view
10  Thank your-jokin
Reviewed June 28, 2011

we stayed here last wk june 18th to 25th. it was our belated honeymoon and 1st holiday in 6yrs. we were very dissappointed . it is not a 5 star or even a 4 star hotel its very dated the food is the same every night but just in a different form, they have some awful man playing organ music during dinner, also men have to wear trousers for dinner. you have to start queuing at 08:30 am to get a sun lounger round the pool, but then everyone smokes around the pool. the hotel is aimed completely at the over 50's market which is fine if it was advertised as such everything from the decore, food, to entertainment. me and my husband are in our mid to late 30's and we were the youngest people in the hotel for the first half of the wk, it was like staying in a retirement home. the best thing about the hotel is the location and the rooms are all sea facing with a balcony an have air conditioning

5  Thank Rach1375
Reviewed June 24, 2011

No gym
No sauna
No jacuzzi
No sun on balconies
Limited sea views
Small pool- seen larger puddles in the road
Crowded sun terrace
Poor selection of food
Poor quality food
Poor entertainment
I could list a whole lot more faults with this hotel but I think you will get the drift of the quality and standard of this hotel.
A 4* star hotel should be offering good food and ammenities comensurate with that rating. This hotel does not.
Very disappointed in our stay here.

9  Thank lewisscott
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Just returned from a 1 week stay full board at the Don Pancho. (My aunt and uncle were meant to go, but, unfortunately, she wasn't well, so my friend and I went in their place - therefore, we were the youngest there - 36 and 37). Where do I start? The Don Pancho was absolutely fabulous! The food was the best I have ever tasted out of any Hotel I have ever stayed in. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner - there was something for everyone. If you don't like the food here, there is definately something wrong! You can sit anywhere you like, although a lot of people liked to sit at the same table every night - very sad! We had a room on the 17th floor, which had great views all over Benidorm. The room was cleaned daily, beds were so comfortable, great shower - hot water at all times and TV, which had all the english channels. Our chambermaid was excellent - extremely thorough in all her hard work. Due to the Hotel frequenting older people, we did not go the Bar, but the prices were very reasonable to Hotel residents if you put them on your bill. We also did not sit by the pool, as there was a queue for the sunbeds from 8am (they don't open to 9am) - people liked to sit in the same area/sunbed every day - also very sad! We went to the beach instead, which is just across the road and is beautiful. I will definately return to the Don Pancho and for me the quality of the food in this Hotel, absolutely made our holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 17th floor - great views
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Minimania
Reviewed June 18, 2011

well i dont usually leave reviews ,but after reading some for the don pancho benidorm,i have to wonder if we stayed in the same hotel ,!!! i have nothing but positives for this splendid hotel,let me tell you how my wife and i age 59 and 61 both very young minded and active,had the best most comfortable stay at the don pancho ,the hotel is very well run,reception are so helpfull ,the staff from porters ,cleaners,waiters ,bar ,everyone! are so friendly and helpfull,we had half board basis,and the food at all times even nearing the end of mealtimes was kept replenished and hot!!!! the quality is second to none,if we had stayed for two weeks i dont think i could have fastend my belt up ,(ha ha )seriously the choice is varied veggie or otherwise ,meats where cooked and carved infront of you ,if you didnt want the roast of the day there was lots other meats or pastas or fish etc ,all to a very high standard, salad bar is exceptional,every cheese you could think off, and the green olives!!mmmm they are fab, the seating arrangement is great ,simply pick a table and sit down!!! we sat just about all areas of the room ,i find it boring when you are assigned a table for the week ,the dress code for the restaraunt is smart ,and am pleased to say it was respected,(why anyone wants to go into a restaraunt in shorts and vest and smelly flip flops in the evening ,is beyond me )breakfast well that was great ,when i told my friends we where going to benidorm, some said OH IS IT LIKE ON THE TELLY well parts are and fortunately the don pancho is one that isnt!!,a real jewel in benidorms crown, sunbeds!!!!!!!!!!! well even in april the sun is good and you have to be early to get the best bathing areas ,although,there seemd to be enough beds people still got up at the crack of dawn to reserve them ,but through the week we had no problem realy ,the pool area is elevated (first floor ) looks towards the beach which is barely 200mtrs away ,now the beach and prom are great for a stroll, the rooms are very well appointed, cleaned thoroughly daily,the hotel is high rise (as is all benidorm)we knew this and requested a high floor we got second from top ,and a heck of a view we could nearly see all benidorm it was great ,all rooms face the sea but dont know if first 4 floors would have a clear view of the sea and beach ,to sum up this hotel ,i can only say i will most deffinately be going back ,probly in the autumn ,OH NEARLY FORGOT the main bar seems to be the local dancehall all the spanish 50to 70 singles seem to go there two or three nights a week it is real quite entertaining, if dance is your thing u are sorted!! there is entertainment each night in the main bar then dancing to the resident trio ,ONE THING TO REMEMBER ,IF YOU DO DRINK IN HOTEL BARS CHARGE THEM ALL TO YOUR ROOM!!!!! BECAUSE GUESTS GET A SUBSTANTIALY REDUCED PRICE!!!! THE PRICE SHOWN IN THE BARS IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO COME IN FOR THE DANCING!!!!!,i usually like to pay as i go but was really quite surprised how cheap the bar bill was after a week ,(and i do like the odd dram) i felt compelled to write this review after reading some contradicting ones!!!!!!! we have holidayed all over the world and done it all from sc to alclusive 3 stars to 5 stars but rarely have been so pleased to stay at a hotel like the don pancho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple