“food was not good”

Ranked #59 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
belfast
“food was not good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012

just got back from benidorm yesterday stayed at this hotel will never return to it, room number 102 has a very small bathroom cant use toilet very well asked to move room bcause of this but it took 4 days for to get another room ,the food was nothing you could say you liked , was more geared more for the Spanish ,cant see why they even bother to take english guests nobody evens tells you that the hill up to the hotel has to be climbed with suitcases as the coaches cant go up to the hotel,all in all was a holiday from hell as both of us has arthritis in our knees and are in our 60,s dont go here if you want to enjoy all of benidorm this has been the worst experience we have had in benidorm.ever,

Room Tip: take your pick no rooms are the same shape or size
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank summerbelfast
Juan Pedro T, Gerente at RH Hotel Canfali, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hello Summerbelfast.

In first place we want to apologize because we have not met your expectations in hotel RH Canfali.

About the bathroom, It was a shame that we couldn't offer you a diferent room, I'm sure that we have rooms with bigger baths.

Due that we have many differents nacionalities, we have made the menus thinking about that.

We have many british, spanish and other nacionalities guest who are coming for many years to this hotel, specially in winter time our guests are 60's and 70's and they come up the hill.

Unfortunately we can not do anything about our situation at the top of a hill, but one of the best things about this hotel are the views from the top of the hill as they are unbeatable.

Regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Oswestry
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2011

Great location and that where it ends....Friendly staff but not helpful, will stand and watch you struggle with wheelchair and cases up and down stairs to and from their reception. Very basic room, bathroom shower hose curled in the bath, nowhere to hang to have a shower. Very strong smell of sewerage. To be honest I never really unpacked looking forward so much to leaving. Restaurant very noisey, food miserable and unappertising and very little choice, ate out after first day as I found myself cleaning cutlery before using it. So disappointing as this so called hotel stands in a lovely square with a church, shops and great cafe/bistros all in a fabulous setting. No smokers will quickly notice the strong smell of stale cigarette smoke. There are far better hotels out there, this would have to be the last one standing for me to go there again and then I'd still think twice

Room Tip: seaview a must
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jackie C
worcestershire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

I have been to Benidorm many times, this is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.Booked it because of the views. I booked a sea view with a balcony when I arrived I had a sea view but no balcony, they did move me to one on the next day. The room are very basic, both the rooms smelt of stale cigarette smoke and both bathrooms smelt of sewerage. Not much choice with the food, only went down for 1 breakfast even though I was on half board basis, it put me off when you went and put your fingers in the cutlery drawers and you came out with more than cutlery. Dont think it gets cleaned out very often. Only went in the hotel to sleep, could not get out quick enough. The first time I have been on hoilday and counted the days down to come home.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank DennyWorcestershire
Juan_Pedro_Canfali, Gerente at RH Hotel Canfali, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
I would first like to apologize for failing to meet expectations you had put in our hotel.

As for the reservation of the room with sea view, we have informed all the tour operators and websites that not all rooms have a terrace such therefore can not be guaranteed, it is in any site you can see photos of rooms sea ​​view terrace with and without there being any kind of doubt.

As for the rest of criticism, I can guarantee that if any departement said the reception or me personally, have no doubt that we had solved immediately. But as we have come this way, we can see everything that comets and will do our best to give timely resolution.

I' sorry that the stay wasn't up to your expectations.

Thanks and regards.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2011

we just returned from this hotel rooms were very clean and basic ,disappoined with the sea view as jt was just a window looking out.food was very dry looking which we feel was a complete waste of money ate out more than in hotel,all in all would love to back to the old town but not there

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharon S
Blackpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2011

Stayed in this hotel september 17 to 24. 2011 . Was given a small room with a view of another hotel apartment, had to keep curtains closed for privacy. Asked for a better apartment , was told all other apartments full. The toilet was dirty and blood splashes on the wash basin.
The meals consisted mainly of pork, very little choice, very little choice of fruit and salad.
The chef kept chatting to guests but his right arm was bandaged with blood seeping from this, his left arm was full of cuts and sores, it put you off your meal. VERY SPANISH

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Cambridge
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

I could not fault the location of this hotel in the Old Town, it has a very impressive terrace overlooking the bay of Benidorm to enjoy a cheeky pre-dinner drink and is without doubt it's main selling-point. That said it is simple and our room smelt strongly of cigarrettes which to a non-smoker is definate "no-no!!". The staff were very friendly and very spanish. The hotel is predominately occupied by Spaniards and infact my daughter and myself were with one other exception the only non-spanish guests there. This is not a problem, but can get a tad "loud" at mealtimes!!

N.B. it is at the top of a steady incline so those with mobility issues take note!!

Room Tip: Rooms with a sea view naturally come at a premium rate, so check before you book as we would have lo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank marhen65
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

I booked this hotel after seeing it on my last visit, in the heart of the old town, next to the church, with the most amazing views. My room had a balcony and to sit out there in the morning with the sun coming up over the mountains, listening to the waves crash on the rocks below me was fabulous. The staff were great, very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was great, as was the dinner and tea (though I didn't try the pigs trotters!), even better to get a bottle of wine with the meal! The hotel is at the top of a hill, which I knew and may not be suitable for the elderly although, my Mum managed fine and she is 70. The solarium (sun terrace) was fantastic with all round views. There was a bit of a pong from the drains on the odd occasion, but have had that in a few places in Spain. Will certainly be returning.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends