“Beautiful place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Birmingham
“Beautiful place”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful week at this hotel. The whole ambience is so relaxed. It was superb. The staff were all very professional and pleasant in all parts of the hotel. We would like to thank all of them for making it a special week. We have been coming to Benidorm for 25 years and its our first stay on a seafront hotel. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: We had a side/sea view on the fourth floor and it was perfect
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank BirminghamPoppy
M_Jose_Berges, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Costablanca, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear BirminghamPoppy,

Thank you very much for sharing your such a nice experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased to read you had a good holiday break, and also your comments about the staff. Thanks a lot!

We value so much your comments. Comments like yours are of the greatest importance for the motivation of the staff, so I can guarantee you that I am going to share them with all the team.

We will be waiting for you to come back!

Best regards,

-Guest Experience Coordinator-

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from an 8 night stay in this hotel - we loved it, the position was spot on, spent most days on the beach and some days by the pool. The staff were all very professional and friendly, check-in and check-out was very speedy, the ladies who cleaned our room did a fantastic job and were always very friendly - calling 'Hola' to us as we passed in the corridor. Our beds were made and towels changed on a daily basis. We stayed in room 226 (28/07/13 - 05/08/13) which had a lateral sea view, overlooking the Daytona bar, but we heard absolutley nothing at night. The air con meant that we could sleep with the patio doors closed but not be too hot - in fact we had to cover up at night - bliss, after a day spent in 33 degree heat!! The beds were sooo comfy, it was a struggle to get up in the morning! We did not eat in the hotel as we were 'Room Only', preferring to eat at our leisure, however, we heard not one single complaint about the food and the dining room was spotless and the staff were always immaculate. The night porter was very friendly and gave us some very useful health and safety tips. I spent some time in the lounge on the second floor, while my partner had a nap, reading (there was a bookcase with books and mags, which I was able to borrow) and taking in the view - fab!! The waiters in the bar were always very attentative and speedy with their service. There was a lot of Spanish guests and the entertainment catered mainly for them, however, we liked to sit around the pool bar and watch the spanish guests dancing - they were all very good and it was nice to have a bit of culture on our visit, probably not what you would expect in Benidorm. My partner and I would then set off exploring. The hotel is perfectly placed to explore the old and the new towns My only plea would be to include a tea/coffee making facilities in the room for the guests who are staying on a 'room only board' All in all a fantastic week in a fantastic hotel in a fab location - would definatley return to this hote! BTW, we booked with Jet2.com who also did a fantastic job - brill week and not looking forward to returning to work!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank shamrock07
Chesterfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I am writing this in the hope the manager will respond as I can find no way to contact or maybe someone will respond who has stayed in the hotel. I have booked this hotel as self catering via teletext holidays because of the 4 stars and the location but once all the confirmation came through it stated room only so will I have any self catering facilities in my room? Also there are three of us in the room 2 adults and 1 15 year old so will there be desperate space or just 3 single beds in a room? I was asked did I want a sea view to which I replied yes but there was no options to pay more so I'm just not sure what kind of room I will be getting! I am staying for 7 days on the 14/8/13 for 7 days and can't wait but I do worry with unanswered questions :-(

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Emma L
M_Jose_Berges, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Costablanca, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Emma L,

First, thank your very much for choosing us to spend your holidays in Benidorm. To answer any questions you have, please feel free to contact us and ask. We would be grateful you head to calidad.sol.costablanca@melia.com

See you very soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed in sol Costa blanca for one week from 22nd July. My only regret is that we didn't stay longer! The hotel is in an absolutely brilliant position right on the sea front. We paid extra for a front sea view room and it was worth every penny. The view from our balcony was amazing. We could have just sat on the balcony for a week people watching. The restaurant is on the front of the hotel and it was like eating on the beach. We didn't find any fault with the food, always loads of choice and very nice. I agree with some of the comments on here about the pool area, but sun lounging saving goes on in every hotel. we had an amazing room which had a separate room with a sofa bed for my son so we had loads of space. We walked all round Benidorm looking at other hotels and decided the sol Costa blanca was the best and we can't wait to come back.

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank Joanne N
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Took my sister who is down syndrome to Sol Costablanca Hotel in Benidorm.Fantastic 5 day breakbeautiful room front sea view. Staff friendly place amazingly clean food fantastic and plentiful.Staff always had a smile for us and the duo entertainment in the evening great and friendly.We will be back and i hope its soon.Well done Sol Costablanca.

Room Tip: Gotta go for a sea view and catch all the entertainment up and down Levante Beach,had a few laughs.D...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank phil m
M_Jose_Berges, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Costablanca, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear phil m,

I am extremely grateful to read such a positive feedback! Thank you so much for spending a little time to share your experience with all TripAdvisor users. Reading your review maje us feel very proud of what we do.

I will pass your comments into the team as this is always our best motivation.

Thank you again for your trust and hope to have you back again very soon, your home Hawai from home in Benidorm!

Regards,

Manchester UK
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Just arrived home from a lovely stay at the Sol costa blanca, The hotel is in a fantastic position beautiful sea views and great to "people watch" The food was really good and varied, we found it was much better to eat earlier in the evening rather than late as the later it got the less the sweets were stocked up so very little left. The hotel is very clean and all the staff are really friendly, especially the gorgeous fella on reception lol
The only minor complaint I would have is the lack of sunbeds around the pool and the daily arguments that then happen between people because of "saving" sunbeds!! people put their towels out at the crack of dawn and it really is "if you cant beat em join em" if you want a bed. We had one whole afternoon ruined because of a Spanish woman ranting about not having a sunbed ALL afternoon. The hotel could do more about this problem (although it will never be solved due to lack of room) but there is space for more sunbeds if they moved some of the unused tables during the day? OR if they removed the towels off unused beds after an hour of no use, As some people reserved beds in the morning to use in the afternoon, really unfair...there needs to be some system to save all the arguments.
One other thing that I would change is the entertainment, the duet were very good but were on EVERY night for the 11 nights we were there and they sang mostly in Spanish (there was the odd English song) a little variety would have been refreshing.
Before we went we read many reviews about the noise from local bars? we honestly were not disturbed by noise at all? the doors are double glazed and when they are shut you cannot hear any noise.
Rooms are cleaned regularly to a very high standard. There is a hair dryer in the bathroom but it gets very hot to hold? I had to use a towel to hold onto it.
I would definitaly stay at the Sol costa Blanca again it was a relaxing enjoyable experience.

Room Tip: It is worth paying a little more for the direct sea view although the side sea view is almost as goo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Kasha69
M_Jose_Berges, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sol Costablanca, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hello Kasha69,

First of all to thank you very much for giving us your nice review and thanks for having chosen Sol Costablanca for your holidays and entrusted to us your precious leisure time. We delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us. All of your comments have been taken on borrad.

We naturally want to be perfect and very keen when guests leave the hotel with warm memories.

Thank you for your review again. I will hope to see you in our hotel in the near future and we will do our best you always will feel in our hotel like at home. We would be more than happy to assist you for your future stay.

Kind regards,

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We used to have a house in Campello some 45mins drive away from Benidorm, and while on our usual day trip to Benidorm to take in the amazing beaches and music bars, the Daytona for example which has live bands on playing anything from Pink Floyd to AC DC, we passed this hotel, we used to think it was closed, maybe it was during the winter months, who knows, but we always talked about staying here. We decided to book with Jet 2 holidays during the spring, because the UK was having a spate of terrible wet weather, and book one week at the Sol Costablanca, we asked for a full sea view room, and stated the floor we wanted..... upon arrival we were greeted by a very pretty, friendly girl on reception, who could not find our booking on the system as it had been changed, but 2 mins later we were in the lift to the fourth floor, I am not going to mention the room number, but upon opening the door, pulling back the curtains and walking out onto a large balcony, the view was unbelievable, the Mediterranean in all its glory......
The room was very clean and spacious. with plenty of storage space, television with Sky and BBC World news was available. WiFi is also available in the room and around the hotel, this cost me €6.00 for 24hrs, but this could be used up within seven days, I checked the speed and I was getting 5mb download which is more than I get at home on WiFi.
The bathroom needed a little attention, slight smell of damp, but that was OK by me.
The room maid was brilliant, cleaned our room to perfection, Thank you.
Food in the restaurant was plentiful and very well cooked, with very friendly staff, especially the manager who greeted everyone with a smile and a good morning...
The pool area was always cleaned, the glass and the floor tiles were always being polished.
On a night time the front of the hotel changes colour, which is a nice touch.
Would I come back to the Sol Costablanca.......definitely.
Would I ask for the same floor and room.....Yes
See you again in the future.

You should be proud of the people you employ

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank M2bfx
Dear M2bfx,

Thank you for your kind words and consideration. It is so pleasing to read that we met all expectations on service, location and accommodation. I am so glad that you enjoyed the Sol Costablanca so much. Please rest assured that we will extend your compliments to the entire staff. It means so much to our team to hear a review like yours. Your wonderful words are the best compliments for us.

It is our pleasure to have served you. We look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,