“I think best Hotel in Benidorm”
Review of Melia Benidorm

Melia Benidorm
Ranked #52 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Hotel very nice - light, airy and spacious. Rooms very comfortable and so are beds.
good choice food and long serving times
Swimming pool fantastic and huge - free form with lots of twists and turns , shallow areas, plenty of sunbathing areas that are quite private - separated by palm trees etc.
Nice 10 min stroll to beach and town centre although plenty bars/shops etc close by. This means it is lovely and peaceful at night
Staff very nice but I found maitre de little pompus

4  Thank Caroline270965
Raul_MeliaB, E- Guest Experience at Melia Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear Carolin2, thank you very much for sharing your nice opinions about our Hotel with all our followers. We are proud of receive nice comments like yours. We hope to see you again if you decide to come back to Benidorm in the future. Kind Regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,261)

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have been using this hotel for about eight years and have seen a steady decline in standards especially at breakfast. The bacon seems to have been cooked long before the resturant opens, it is brought from the kitchen on trays then put in an oven until needed on the self service trays. Having been in an oven it has already started to dry up when it is added to the afore mentioned tray, unfotunately these trays have high intensity heat lamps above them which soon turn bacon to something like shoe leather, hash browns and sausages suffer the same fate. This hotel at one time served coffee and tea in pots as requested but due to staff cut backs this been replaced by automatic machines which are slow and cause snarl ups and are too close to the fruit juice dispensers which also cause snarl ups. Speaking of the fruit juice the so called fresh orange is a watered down version most mornings. If you like toast you will have lost the notion by the time you have queued then put your bread through three times. My advice would be, get more coffee machines and seperate them from the juice dispensers and cut down the time your bacon is exposed to heat after cooking. The quality of the food at dinner has improved no end since our visit in October and we really enjoyed leg of lamb, good steaks and battered cod with also a great salad selection.

1  Thank ossa250

Dear ossa250 we like to thank you very much for your review. we will take your comments about the breakfast service like a great value to future improvements. We also thank you for your nice feedback about the dinner service.Great regards!

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I come to visit my parents every year and have always stayed at the Melia but this is the last time - it really has declined and I'm looking for another hotel for next time whilst I'm here.

I asked if there was any chance of a complimentary upgrade given that I've stayed so many times. The hotel didn't even acknowledge my email and neither did the chap on reception - he literally didn't even speak - just put me in a standard room.

It's busier than usual because I normally come later in the year. As a result I've realised that the room walls are paper thin. I can hear the people in the rooms around mine talking, and even taking a pee.

You have to buy a swim cap, then you swim surrounded by people without one.

Breakfast is very average and the service is patchy at best. Some staff are openly rude - when I politely asked for some butter the woman looked at me with disgust.

The thing that has pushed me over the edge though is the way I was treated by one of the women in the SPA - Sylvia. I needed to borrow a towel (my 3 year old randomly jumped fully clothed into the outdoor pool when we were taking stroll and I had to get him back through the lobby soaking and freezing - there's only me and him travelling). She was rude, arrogant and abrupt. Needless to say she would not lend me a towel (despite having hundreds). It's not about the towel, I understand if there's a policy or whatever. It was simply the way she spoke to me - which was completely unaccepable. Then she said 'yeah, yeah here, take my name, report me, like I care'. I've never heard anything like it.

On that note, my relationship with this hotel is over!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank katelouise_11
Raul_MeliaB, E- Guest Experience at Melia Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Esteemed Katelouis, please contact with our Guest Experience Manager in the Hotel in order to solve all this matters before leaving. Sorry for any inconvenence caused. Yours sincerely.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We had some reservations with the hotel prior to our visit due to a number of negative reviews on Trip Advisor however we were happy on most aspects during our stay and felt a lot of criticism unjustified. The hotel is about 10 minutes walk from the action and about 15 minutes from the Levante beach but younger and fitter could do in much less. There is a superb bus service outside the hotel taking you to various parts of Benidorm. One price of €1.50 each way per person will take you anywhere locally, only issue is the last bus back is at 10:30pm. Taxis from the old town are about €6.75. The hotel overall is very good but we felt that the food could have been a bit better in the evening and there were a few strange items on the menu. Breakfast was excellent with a large choice. Restaurant staff could not be faulted. We were given a choice of room on arrival and opted for a room on the 17th floor which had amazing views especially at night when surrounding buildings were lit up. You need a real head for heights though. One major moan is that being a 4* hotel it should provide free wifi throughout the hotel including rooms and at €2 per hour it was a bit steep also the pool is beautiful but there are to many trees and bushes that should be cut back as the pool is shaded with very few areas getting the sun all day. This was an issue with us as we were there in early November 2013 and even though we had hot weather the sun was lower in the sky and vanished behind the tall surrounding buildings about 4pm. I would recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
4  Thank Mike P

Dear Mike P, first of all thank you for your review. We will consider some of your opinions like a great value for future improvements in our Hotel. Kind Regards!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Just been to the melia for our 3rd time it was still good BUT chose a really busy post halloween weekend to arrive , requested a double bed but didn't get one , Queud for breakfast sunday morning and the restaurant was madness ! Reception is an experience if you ever get served and is way below average service for such a nice hotel ! will we stay there again , yes because we love the location and only go B n B .

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dianet32, thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are very disappointed that this time we were not able to fulfill your expectations during your stay as previous visits. We hope that you will enjoy again with us on your next visit to Meliá Benidorm. Great regards!

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Really loved this hotel. The grounds and pool were great. Location excellent and we could not fault the food choices. We stayed All-inclusive with 2 teenagers and were all very well fed. The food counters and choices meant that 2 fussy eaters tried lots of different things and enjoyed them all.

Room Tip: We enjoyed being up on the 21st floor. Something I was unsure about. The lifts were always available...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear DurhamKaz, we like to thank you so much for your comments about the buffet. We hope to see you in the future if you choose Benidorm again for your holydays. Great regards!

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Having just returned from a weeks all inclusive stay at the Melia Benidorm, the hotel was very good , friendly staff, lovely bedrooms. One major problem was that you could not sunbathe properly because of all the trees situated around the pool! we ended up sitting on the terrace where the cafe/bar was for most of the day ! not too good when you have paid alot of money for the holiday. Food was very average, you could always find something to eat but its not the best foood. As for Benidorm it is a place that we wont be visiting again in the very near future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International
1  Thank coppertop23
Raul_MeliaB, E- Guest Experience at Melia Benidorm, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Esteemed coppertop23, thank you for your review. Our gardens offers plenty space to sunbathe ( 9.500 square mts.) but in this season the sun sets earlier than summer or spring and there are less sunny hours. Please come back next year and you will enjoy our pool area and the sun longer than now. Great regards!