Melia Benidorm
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Flash Hotel Benidorm(Benidorm)
$83
$96
servigroup.com
4,463 results
All reviewspool arealovely hotelhalf boardplenty of sunbedsbed and breakfastbar staffold townevening mealminute walk to the beachsalad barplenty of choiceshort breakhigh floorsun loungerschoice of foodcleaned dailycleaned every day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 7, 2012

really enjoyed the whole experience, all of the bar staff were exceptionally friendly and their english was good, the room was clean and a good size, dining room was very busy but the choice of food was very good, on Saturday fresh prawns and steak, I would definately recommend it, I was on 6th floor would imagine if on a higher floor the view would be better view

Room Tip: I would think higher rooms have best view I was on 6th floor had a pretty good view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret J
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Before anyone comes on and says "I can't understand all the bad reviews", I am glad that you enjoyed your time here but I can only comment on my own personal experience of this hotel. The hotel definitely does LOOK the part as you can see from the pictures, and the pool area is one of the most impressive I've ever seen although the majority of the sunloungers were broken.

THE ROOM:

1) First impressions count. As soon as we checked into the hotel we went to our room and the sofa chair that was in our room was filthy with dust. When you hit it with your hand, you could see all of the dust come up.
2) There is a sign on the balcony window asking you not to hang towels or clothes over the balcony so that it doesn't take away from the look of the hotel - don't have a problem with this but why was a clothes horse not provided in this case? We had to hang our towels and clothes over the chairs.
3) HIRE THE SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX. It only costs a couple of euros per day plus 10euro deposit. We came home from a night out to find that our room door was ajar. I gave the hotel the benefit of the doubt as we had had a few drinks before leaving so I thought "maybe we didn't close it properly". I was wrong, because a couple of nights after this (completely sober and double-checking the door was definitely shut properly), we went down to watch the nights entertainment and came back up at midnight to find our room door lying slightly open again. We hadn't had anything to drink this time and we both checked that the door was closed when we left our room. It's a bit of a mystery and so far we haven't discovered anything being stolen, but I am glad that I always hire the safety deposit box. Either someone with a key has been in our room, or there is a fault with the door and it has opened itself.

THE POOL AREA:

1) Very impressive but most sunloungers were broken so if you want a good one then you'll need to be down for about 7am with the rest of the sad people that like to get up early solely for this reason.

ENTERTAINMENT:

1) Good points - David, Roberto and the other lady who was part of the entertainment staff were all fantastic. They kept their enthusiasm while the vast majority of the guests didn't have any. The best entertainment on offer at this hotel is the Karaoke which was on on our last night. We still enjoyed it even if nobody else wanted to sing and this was the only night of entertainment which we enjoyed.
2) The rest of the entertainment was absolutely terrible and painful to watch. No disrespect to the guys on the keyboards who were on every night, as I am sure they are good at what they do, but everything was aimed at older Spanish people. Every single song was sung in spanish and there wasn't even any English translation between songs at all. We were all-inclusive so we liked to have a few drinks in the hotel before heading out, but the entertainment was absolute torture and painful to sit through.
3) This isn't a complaint about the hotel itself but more against the other guests. Most nights there would be a half-hour slot where the entertainers would get people from the crowd to play a game to win a bottle of champagne. Usually they would get a group of maybe 5 or 6 people to play, but there was one night where only ONE person went up on stage (I had already done my stint the previous night by the way). There was a large crowd on this night and a lot of new arrivals, and out of every person there only one person got up despite the best efforts of the entertainers who went around every single table asking people to join in. The game had to be cancelled and they just played music instead. We felt embarrassed for them and it was really awkward to sit through. We decided to leave the hotel for the night as the other people there clearly weren't there to have a good time and were bringing us down.

THE FOOD AND DRINK:

1) I quite enjoyed the food but it was mainly the same things every night. The only thing that they would vary now and again was the meat and fish. My girlfriend is vegetarian so there wasn't a lot of choice for her.
2) Most of the restaurant staff were really nice, but there was one or two of them who looked absolutely miserable the entire week that we stayed here. I realise that they work long hours, but a smile doesn't cost anything and they shouldn't be in front of customers every day if their face is tripping them the whole time.
3) An honourable mention to Joel and the guy with the glasses who works in the upstairs bar who were really friendly, the rest of the bar staff could learn something from them.
4) We were all-inclusive and when my girlfriend was asking for a coke light, she was given a small glass each time whereas other all-inclusive hotels would give you the bottle.
5) One thing that annoyed me was that when I asked for a pint of lager (rather than the small beer they automatically give you), the pint glass always seemed to be taken straight out of the dishwasher and was absolutely roasting.

MY MAIN CONCERN ABOUT THIS HOTEL

The thing that bothered me most about this hotel was the cleanliness of the cutlery and plates in the restaurant. Nearly every time I went to get a plate, I would have to try 3 or 4 plates before I could find a clean one. Stains wouldn't bother me, there was actual bits of food stuck to the plates as they hadn't been washed properly. The same applied to the glasses which were always filthy! One day my girlfriend ordered a coke and when the waitress brought it out to her, it had pieces of orange juice floating about in it which someone had probably used at breakfast that day, I had to ask them for another one. The glasses and plates were very dirty and this was my biggest gripe. It's maybe not a coincidence that we both had coldsores when we returned.

OVERALL

We made the most of our holiday and still enjoyed ourselves but I feel that this hotel could be a lot better. I would not recommend this hotel, instead I would recommend the Levante Club Hotel and Spa which is right next door as this was far superior. We would return to the Levante Club but would not return to the Melia. Also, I've never been to the Flamingo Oasis but heard great reviews about that too. We had a great holiday but we will know next time not to come to the Melia. If you are young and looking to enjoy yourself then do not come to this hotel.

Paul and Michelle, Glasgow.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

My wife, twin boys and I have just come home from a fantastic 10 day break at the melia benidorm.
I can't belive some of the poor reviews people have written recently, we found all of the staff to be excellent with most going out of their way to help us and being very friendly.
We were all inclusive so ate at the hotel most meal times. The food wasn't of restaurant standard but come on let's be realistic they are catering for a huge amount of people all wanting to eat at the same time and all with different tastes. There was plenty of choice and we always found something satisfying to eat. Again we found the restaurant staff friendly and more then willing to help.

The pools were excellent and we used them daily including the spa.

Overall we were entirely satisfied with our stay.

I really am struggling to see why there are so many negative comments recently maybe the people who wrote these comments need to go on holiday with a view to having a nice, fun and relaxing time rather spending their entire holiday picking fault and complaining.

To summarise you are going to a 4star Mediterranean hotel not the London Hilton. Relax and enjoy yourselves!!!.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Leoashley
Reviewed October 3, 2012

just returned from 10 day stay at the Melia and thought I would share my views and get it out of my system.This was my husbands first visit to Benidorm and we chose to go here as it looked so nice on the web.We were on the 15th floor and the room was very nice but as the days went on
we were dissapointed in the general cleaning of the room,under the bed was never cleaned,the dust looks as if it has been there for months and in the toilet the bidet has a stain on it which was still there when we left today.
In the dining room ,although the food was very good, it was like a military exercise before you could sit down and enjoy it.The tables are so close together you can hardly move between them
and then you are told you can only sit in certain areas..Not a table cloth in site,no condiment dishes only small paper satchets like you get in Mc Donalds.If you were having bread then you had to go on the hunt and find this is in the middle section beside the hot plate,although it is in a chill cabinet, it would be more practical to have it near the bread section.
Now to the pool area.Too many trees that keep the sun out, and the beds are past the sell by date,Thats if you can get one after 8am,some folk were down before sunrise and then did not appear until after lunchtime ,which is a bit annoying.
I can only say it was not what we were expecting and did not appeal to us and we would not recommend this hotel to friends nor enemies for that matter.

Room Tip: high floors are good .no noise and the lifts are very regular
3  Thank bellablueGlasgow
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Stayed the last week of September, buoyed by the good reviews, never having been to Benidorm before. My experience was not what the reviews I had read "promised". The bar staff, all of whom were male, were the poorest I have ever come across. If they weren't shouting out "Whiskey Whiskey Brandy Brandy", which appeared to be a catch phrase that had them all in hysterics, they were laughing amongst themselves, evidently at the guests although I admit i do not speak Spanish, and getting a drink became quite an ordeal. NOT good. More than once I saw 6 coffees made when the guest wanted only one....some spanish misunderstanding???!!!! The rooms were ok, but boy did they need a thorough scrub, I have never seen so much dust under a bed!!! Of particular worry was the rain we experienced, most of which ended up inches deep on the floor outside our room, floor 22, and went cascading down the lift shafts....in fact the whole hotel was like a collander with towels all over the place to mop up the water!!! Definitely not a 4 star. but at least the guests were on the whole of "better quality"!!!! Would not really recommend.

Room Tip: High floors get good views!!!