“1st class !!!”

Hotel Irati
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“1st class !!!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a visit with friends. It's not often I post feedback however on this occasion, I must . My stay at the Irati was brilliant, the service, care and attention my party received was fantastic. Dined here a few times and food was brilliant ! Great to see both tourists and locals eating here... Thank you to everyone who made our stay so welcoming and memorable. We will be back !

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Seaham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We visit Benidorm usually once a year and have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Hostal Irati, this being our first stay in this hotel and indeed the old town. The owner Gabrielle and his friendly team made us feel most welcome. Throughout our stay, they remained continually helpful, and on the 2 occasions we ate at the hotel (afternoon pizza and an evening meal) the food was exceptional and very good value for money. We were a party of 6 staying in 3 rooms, all of which were tastefully decorated, very comfortable and clean. The room was serviced daily and fresh towels were provided. The location and hospitality is the best we’ve received in Benidorm to date, so if you’re contemplating booking this hotel, please don't hesitate in doing so, you won't be disappointed. We’ll definitely return.

Room Tip: Select rooms 1-4 if you struggle climbing stairs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Caerphilly, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

After reading all the reviews I thought this was a good place to stay while my Husband was recovering from cancer treatment. As soon as I got there I wanted to go home! I had to go to the shop and buy a load of cleaning products to clean the room, it was dirty and took me over an hour to clean. There was other people's hair everywhere!!!!! Not just an odd hair here and there, they were in the bed, on the floor, it was like they never changed the water in their mop bucket and were going room to room with the same water. I had to fight to keep the cleaners out for the rest of the holiday. Then when we wanted towels the rude owner had a big attitude and near enough shouted at my husband about how the cleaner sorts out all of the room or none of it! And wanted to know what our problem was? We also went for breakfast on the first morning only to find a hair in our food - lets say that was the last time we ate there! Do not let the pictures fool you the place is dirty and the great shower they show is broken! I know how this review sounds and I've never written one before, but I have to warn people: do not go here, you will regret it! There are better hotels around. This hotel ruined our holiday!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa H
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed at the Irati with three friends in October 2013. The hotel is in a fantastic location in the old town, in a quiet side street but a very short walk from the shops, bars, and beach. Gabriel, his wife, and the rest of the staff are really welcoming, friendly, and helpful - nothing is too much trouble. The rooms are spacious and clean and have everything you need. We had one room with a balcony, and one without, both at the front of the hotel and both good rooms.

We ate at the hotel twice, pizzas for lunch and an evening meal - gorgeous lamb and fish. Drinks are very reasonably priced, lovely wine, gin, and Martini! A great location and a warm welcome, what more could you ask?

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Coatbridge, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 19, 2013

3rd time here for us both, clean, comfortable with washing machine , integrated fridge freezer, cooker etc all in the penthouse.

Apartment is a real find, we love it, lots of space with a large sun terrace.

Thanks Gabriele, Anna and staff xx

Neil and Pat xx

Room Tip: Penthouse or any rooms for a cheaper price
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Benidorm, Spain
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Although I have never stayed at the Irati, I have been in several of the rooms with friends that have. They are clean a spacious, amongst the best available in the Old Town area. However, I have eaten at the Irati on several occasions and have always been highly satisfied as have my fellow diners. The choices are quite limited but everything available is of the highest standard. I would say as good as, if not better than, many of the most popular local restaurants

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tony J
cleethorpes
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Just returned from our second occassion staying in the Irati. Cannot fault this place in any way. What a gem of a hotel run by Gabriel and the girls. The food is first class, try the leg of lamb........ its to die for and the pizzas are the best in the old town.
We stayed in the attic apartment for 2 weeks. Apart from the stairs after a couple of drinks, we loved it !
Ok, now the technical stuff........
Location = right in the middle of the old town on a relatively quiet road.
Rooms = attic room is massive with open plan. Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and louge area with large TV (by the way, you can change the language on the TV to english with the remote)
Cleanliness = Cannot complain, room was cleaned daily with fresh towels etc
Staff = Gabriel will do anything to make your stay as comfortable as possible and the girls always have smiles on their faces and are ready to help.
Value = Compared to other hotels in the area. I would advise anyone to try this place before booking anywhere else. Very good value for money
Food = Cannot comment on the breakfasts (never up in time) but its continental
To conclude, we are so happy with this hotel my hubby and i have booked to stay 3 times in 2014.............. Heaven in Benidorm

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 have small balconies.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple