“I am reviewing the Cafeteria”

Apartamentos Les Dunes Suites
Lancashire UK
“I am reviewing the Cafeteria”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I love this cafe! Too many people look down on Benidorm, and I must admit, my last 3 visits have not been great...maybe I was with the wrong company! As a currently single guy, with an honours degree, but no snob, can I say I love the place! Where anywhere would you get a view like this, superb food, great prices, and diverse background music?! One minute Diana Ross and Lionel Ritchie's Endless Love, the next Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto number One! I will be back.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Ian G

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Polish first
channel islands
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in these apartments for the whole of Febuary they were warm the balcony was a sun trap.We are a mature couple and found them in a excellent location.The staff were Ok but I think sometimes the Spanish come across a bit aloof.There are no young groups of people there and while agree with the review regarding thin walls it did not create a problem. The cleaning sevice was very good plenty of clean sheets and towels.We tried to rebook this May but they were fully booked and quite expensive.We probably would stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms all face south so nice and sunny all rooms the same mirror images
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Staffordshire
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Arrival 11th May two mature couples. These apartments are some of the best accommodation I have ever stayed in. Right on the beach and a perfect base for what ever you want to do in Benidorm.
On arrival the staff were very friendly and helpful.
The apartments are very spacious and exceptionally clean, everything you need for a perfect self catering holiday is in the rooms. We had two apartments as there were four of us and they were next door to each other. The balconies are also very spacious with a patio table and 5 chairs (including two recliners). I was very impressed with the quality of the apartments as a whole but, particularly the quality of the double glazing. Obviously Benidorm can be very noisy especially when the idiots are tanked up but, when you close the windows and patio door all you have is silence.
The maids spilled some chemical on my wife's skirt (she left it in the bathroom) I explained to the staff on reception and after an investigation they quite happily paid for a replacement. when reading reviews please don't confuse these apartments with the Les Dunes Comodoro next door as I saw some poor reviews on this one and wondered whether I had dropped a clanger but, they are different buildings.
The covered pool and pool area are excellent if the weather is not so good and the restaurant is very good and reasonable. Although this accommodation are apartments you have all the facilities that you would expect at a hotel. There are four lifts so we never needed to wait very long to get to our floor(there are 22 floors). I would definitely stay here again and I can onty describe the whole experience as SUPERB!

Room Tip: Corner suites have bigger balconies with more varied views
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank teggauk
Redruth, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We have used Les Dunes Suites for many years, two or three times a year including the Christmas and New Year period - it has been like our second home in Benidorm
Was there in April this year for a week booked last January. We always have an appartment on the lower floors as we like to sit on the balcony and people watch, and when we booked we asked for floor 2, 3 or 4
On arrival we were presnted with the keys for floor 7, to which wee protested having asked for a lower floor when we reserved. "Tough" was the attitude from the two surly male staff members on the reception, "We cannot guarantee any appartment when you reserve"
We protested pointing out that this had never happened before, our request had always been granted, but to no avail
It got worse, you are supposed to have a clean and fresh linen every 4 days but the cleaners kept arriving every day. Thinking there must be a mistake we enquired at reception and were told that because we were two men we were getting this service every day. Fine if you want a daily clean but it is a bit intrusive, you never know when the cleaners are coming
The female staff at Les Dunes uncluding the cleaners are all very friendly but the men need to lighten up, very surly without any smiles
This will be our last stay there, we made the most of the opportunity to find an appartment in just as nice a location, beachside, and much cheaper
We gathered that Les Dunes is under new ownership which probablly explains a lot

Room Tip: Good luck with trying to make a choice, with us it was "take it or leave it"
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bryan C
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Came to Benidorm for a short break of 4 nights, Monday to Thursday during the British Easter school holiday.
Myself, my husband and 4 year old daughter had a fantastic time!
Location of apartments is prefect for families - the bars/restaurants closed around 11pm to keep the revellers away - we found it quite quiet at night.
We were in the 6th floor of 22 floors and had a fantastic view out over the beach to Benidorm Island (all rooms in the block face the sea)
Our 1 bedroomed apartment had twin beds in the bedroom and a double settee bed in the living area. Linen was clean and fresh (changed every 4th day) as we're the towels.
The pool was still covered over for the winter season but still accessable - it was warm and clean.
I would recommend this accommodation to family's, couples or older people.
We will definitely return!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Rachilou
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Les Dunes suites are on the sea front across road from the beach and in an excellent location for all bars and plenty of places to eat on your door step.
The suites are nice with plenty of space and every thing one needs is there for you, the staff i came across here in my short stay were helpful and friendly and there is underground parking for an extra small fee.
Overall I found this place to be very clean and very good value for money and would stay again when visiting Benidorm.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank cliff48
Carmarthenshire
Reviewed March 24, 2013

You have to make up your own mind about this place, because there is going to be a but later on.
Ideally situated on the prom next to the beach, the traffic that used the prom was controlled and therefore no problem.
Within easy walking distance of old and new Benidorm and all other shops and bars in the area. The staffs were ok and the apartment’s well equipped and warm, food from the restaurant was ok.
Occasional noise from the revilers, as they progressed from bar to bar, is to be expected in this resort, but the solid outside walls and double glazing kept this to a minimum. Entertainment was the same every night pianist/singer which suited the aspiring dancers of various ages.

But and here it is, The noise I didn't expect was from the adjacent apartments, the dividing walls, bedroom to bedroom lounge to lounge were so thin, no solid walls only partition walls, so you could hear virtually everything, including general conversation and these people weren't shouting. So whether it’s my intolerance to adjacent noise I don’t know, but I haven’t experienced this low level of privacy between apartments before.

Will I be going back there?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple