“Simply the best!”

Apartamentos Les Dunes Suites
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I spent 9 nights at Les Dunes Suites, in the middle of June 2012, on a self-catering basis. This was our fifth stay at these apartments and we ask for the same apartment each time and so far, this has been allocated for us.

Without seeming to ramble on, we would just echo the very positive comments made by previous TripAdvisor reviewers, which is why each year we now have a holiday in Benidorm and stay at the Les Dunes Suites. This combination cannot be beaten. Enjoy the more than adequate accommodation (very reasonable prices), the location, the views, the pool, the beach, the sea, the dining out, the attractions for both adults and children, the general atmosphere and the shopping!

Book early to avoid expensive air travel (flying from Southend by EasyJet could not have been easier), journey by Alsa bus from and to Alicante airport (€8.30 per person per journey, a taxi for 2 can cost €80 one way!) and travel by local bus to everywhere else in the area and enjoy the experience.

Room Tip: Noise from the promenade (and even the never-ending lapping of the waves) can at times be a nuisance...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank David B

Reviewed June 13, 2012

We stayed for three nights and could barely find a fault. The room was clean, reasonably furnished, the bathrooms were lovely and the views are incredible. The staff are early friendly, nice sized pool and an overall good location. Only niggle was the slightly painful wi-Fi but then it was free so not fair to complain about that!! Definitely deserves full 5 marks.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hillpudlian
Reviewed June 4, 2012

We were really pleased with this place. Absolutely brillant location right on Levante beach. We were on the 18th floor and had a great view of the whole bay. Kitchen had everything we needed, was very clean, and the balcony was big and came with furniture.

I don't think you can do much better if you're visiting Benidorm.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a sea view, and the higher the floor, the less noise you get from revellers in th...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jamesm2011
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Let me start by saying I work for a major UK travel company and I read TA reviews daily; so I know what I'm on about. It's also worth saying that this hotel was not booked through my employment, or indeed any UK travel company -- I used booking.com -- so I don't have any hidden agenda by writing this. This is just me, as an experienced traveler, having a holiday with my girlfriend.

OVERVIEW:
99% faultless hotel in a fantastic location.

DATES 19th - 1st May 2012

LOCATION
This place is RIGHT on Levante Beach. Cross the promenade (takes seconds) and you're on the sand. Levante beach is a loud place, but there are NO loud bars in the few places either side, so it is lovely and quiet. You could sit out on the balcony and not be disturbed. The livlier areas of Benidorm (behind Levante Beach) and Benidorm's Old Town are both about a 10-minute walk away.

PARKING
I managed to find the car park and speak to someone to let me in. This was all done with minimal fuss. However, the car park is pitch black. As in. You literally could not see your hand in front of your face. This, for obvious reasons, made maneuvering into the space very difficult, even with lights on. They need to sort this out, it's dnagerous, difficult and quite simply not good enough.

CHECK IN
There were a couple of people on reception. One of them seemed genuinely lovely, asking if the customer had been there before and did he know where the room was. The man who served me, however, was a surly, grumpy bloke who acted like every part of the check in procedure was an effort. It's the older gentlment with an open shirt, hairy chest and gold medallion. Be warned; he's just awful. I'm a polite, considerate guy and had no idea where his attitude comes from. I had to ask the nicer man where my room was. Another day when I was asking about Wi-fi, which Mr Grumpy didn't tell me about, I witnessed him answering the telephone as if it was the biggest injustice in the world.

If anyone form Les Dunes is reading this, PLEASE take him off reception duties.

ROOM
I went for a 4 person suite. Room 11C.
This was two single beds (we pshed them together to make a double) and a sofa-bed. There was only 2 of us, so we left the sofa as a sofabed and had it as a daybed.

It was modern, clean, with plenty of space. Separate bedroom, stylish bathroom, contemporary stylings throughout. The kitchinette ticks all the boxes, and there are doors leading to the balcony -- overlooking Levante Beach -- from both the living area and the bedroom.

There was a slot for the keyfob to go into in order for the electricity to work. I jammed a bit of cardboard in there so it could be left on when we were out. Easy. The TV didn't have English channels though, which is a shame given the UK-centric nature of the clientele and the area.

LIFTS
Modern, clean, if a bit on the small side. I think one might have broken for a bit, but it was soon working again. Oddly, one doesn't start working until 16.30

POOL
You'll have noticed it's got a greenhouse over it. This is fab. It means no matter how cold it is outside, it's warm inside. When we were there, it was blowing a gale. Sunbeds were blowing across the sun terrace. Thanks to the greenhouse structure, though, in the pool, it was fine. We only used it once, but it wasn't at all busy. There seemed plenty of sunbeds.

RESTAURANT
I never had cause to use the restaurant but it looked nice enough; it was always popular.

CLIENTELE
We (affectionately) called them the Walnut Brigade. They're old brown and wrinkly. Just telling it like it is. Whenever we got chatting to people they seemed nice enough, and there was never any noise.

Any other questions, please get in touch. I highly recommend this place in terms of quality and location. Could've been a bit cheaper, though.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views out to sea. Obviously.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Jx_Bizzle
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This apartment was perfect for our requirements in Benidorm. Although compact, the kitchen was quite adequate for preparing light meals. The lounge and bedroom are a good size but the best feature is the view - uniterrupted view if the beach and ocean. The apartment was spotlessly clean and the modern bathrooms are excellent. The staff were efficient and pleasant - our airconditioner did not work and this was rectified the following morning. It can get a little noisy on the promenade but with the doors and windows closed we were not bothered by noise at all. Our apartment was on the 21st floor, so the noise was unlikely to be a problem, anyway. The location of the apartment is ideal - close to everything. The parking is secure and there was always space available. My only criticism is the lack of pool towels, one is obliged to use bath towels which are only changed after 4 days, so this is not a good arrangement. I knew that the towels were only replaced every 4 days but I did not expect to have to use them at the pool as well.

Room Tip: High floors are best for avaoiding the noisy street below but all apartments have a fantastic sea vi...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vickam
Reviewed May 8, 2012

nice location, very clean, would recomend, close to beach

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank avril j
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed three nights in a one bedroom self catering apartment on the 9th floor.
It was spotlessly clean and had both heating and air conditioning. The bathroom in particular was sparkling.
The employees we met on reception and about the building (there is a hotel next door with a similar name) were efficient and polite.
The position on the seafront with views along the entire length of the Levante beach is a pleasure in itself - the balconies are large and have chairs and a table.
There is private parking under the building (make a reservation). The small kitchen is ample and there are sufficient shops nearby.
A pleasant walk along the seafront takes you into town and there are many local restaurants in the side streets along the way (El rincon Murciano - good basic Spanish food and really, really excellent steaks, pork and sea food).
Altogether excellent and to find any fault would be unfair.
We shall return and look forward to it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple