“Cheap And Cheerful”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Babylon Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benidorm
Babylon Hotel
Ranked #9 of 26 Benidorm B&B and Inns
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Cheap And Cheerful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

We booked this hotel through Travel Republic for a cheap weekend break.The location in the Old Town was perfect for us! The room was basic , roomy and very clean. Tea/Coffee making facilities . Large shower room and small cubicle.It came with Breakfast included You can upgrade to a large breakfast for a small amount, ALL staff in the hotel were very friendly. I suppose the downside to the room was that it was noisy at the front but we got used to it after the first night.
Still, we would stay here again because of the cheapness and location.

Room Tip: If you want a quieter room, ask for a rear facing one
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CBIYORK

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

This hotel was a game of two halves, it was in a great location right in the centre of the old town. It was two minutes walk from the beach. The service was great and breakfast was excellent. The downside was that being slap bang in the old town the noise outside made sleeping difficult unless you have had several beers! Also, the hotel itself was very noisy, you could here footsteps from every floor and doors/windows shutting. The Babylon is not a luxury hotel, far from it, it would probably not get a star rating in England, but it is clean and tidy with good service. Therefore it depends what you are looking for. If you want a cheap hotel in the heart of the action its going to be right up your street! Tip: Eat your breakfast in the hotel, you won't get better anywhere else!

Room Tip: Check the room you book has an ensuite. Some rooms have shared bathrooms!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank alchemyequine
Cambuslang, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

amazing hotel - without doubt the best I have ever stayed in.

I did have some reservations before heading there as there were a few reviews saying it was totally rubbish and the photos made the place look like a dump, somewhere a tramp wouldn't even stay, but how wrong was I? it was outstanding - genuine 5 star luxury for 20 quid a night, including breakfast and a shared toilet. who knows how they can offer such value for such luxury accommodation. I only had food poisoning and extreme sickness twice during my weekend stay
Better still, there is a friendly chap who hangs about outside the hotel (who looked like a Spanish Peter Tobin) called Harkins who bought me a beer. Can't remember the rest of the night but I think I enjoyed it, despite losing all my clothes, money and passport. amazing hotel, almost as good as Norbreck Castle in Blackpool

giving this place 5 stars out of 5 but it deserves six - trust me, book now.

Room Tip: ask for a sea view
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Scorpio323
Torquay, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

have an open mind............. a very good s.o.h.....right in the old town ........few minutes to the beach great bars near by .....my room was of good size ........ watching the world go by in the street below......

Room Tip: room 202 room 201
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank solome1956
Crawley, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

this is without doubt the poorest hotel I have ever visited. I say 'visited' as we didn't even stay there!!!! we walked into a dark reception and a stairway with no lights, then our room was literally 2 crap beds that wobbled with a mattresses that were about 3 inches thick and a sink and that was it!!!!!!!!! we asked to be moved to a room with at least a toilet but they were somehow fully booked so we went and checked into queens 2 minutes around the corner.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Benidorm hotels

Taunton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

My mum and I came to benidorm as a very last minute short break to get some sun in October half term. Booked hotel babylon because of reviews and price and very pleasantly surprised. Really friendly hotel,Karen was great and everybody chatted in the bar felt a bit like a family. The room was nice had everything you needed, the ensuite shower was a bit small but fine. Loved the roof top bar very relaxing and the hotel was in a fantastic location for beach and shops. We honestly didn't see how they could be making money on the room as we got half board with breakfast and dinner included,v generous portions and good food,especially lovely breakfast. Never been to benidorm before and we're a bit apprehensive it would be like the programme but had a lovely time, as Babylon is in the old town it wasn't in a commercial touristy area and had a nice feel to it. We would definitely go again. Try to see a cabaret show and go to Altea on the train,a lovely white walled Spanish town. I've never left a review before but felt compelled to because of our great experience,thank you to all the staff at hotel babylon.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jenny G
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed for a couple of nights last week, I was there for a job but had some free time.
After reading some of the reviews here I want to add a good one. I was pleased to get a room with an en suite, as I had not expected that, yes the shower is small but the water was always hot. Clean towels but no soap available, which surprised me, so went and bought some.
The room was clean and staff came in to service the room. I was cold the first night but there are extra blankets available. Tea and coffee is supplied with a kettle.
Yes the street and corridors were a bit noisy, but I like that, I like to hear a bit of life.
Its right near loads of bars and restaurants, couple of minutes from the beach.
Perfect location,
The lady who checked me in was very nice and Tony, the owner, was very helpful, even offered to drive me to my bus pick up on my last day.
The bar looked nice and next time I will go in to have a drink there, I want to go in the summer and see the roof terrace.
WIFI was there but the signal is weak, I could not use it for my work and had to use an internet café.
I found this hotel on Travel Republic it was great value for money and as good or better as others I have stayed in in Benidorm,
I will go there again.