“Excellent value short break”
Review of Babylon Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benidorm
Babylon Hotel
Ranked #11 of 23 Benidorm B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 2, 2014

My mum and I came to benidorm as a very last minute short break to get some sun in October half term. Booked hotel babylon because of reviews and price and very pleasantly surprised. Really friendly hotel,Karen was great and everybody chatted in the bar felt a bit like a family. The room was nice had everything you needed, the ensuite shower was a bit small but fine. Loved the roof top bar very relaxing and the hotel was in a fantastic location for beach and shops. We honestly didn't see how they could be making money on the room as we got half board with breakfast and dinner included,v generous portions and good food,especially lovely breakfast. Never been to benidorm before and we're a bit apprehensive it would be like the programme but had a lovely time, as Babylon is in the old town it wasn't in a commercial touristy area and had a nice feel to it. We would definitely go again. Try to see a cabaret show and go to Altea on the train,a lovely white walled Spanish town. I've never left a review before but felt compelled to because of our great experience,thank you to all the staff at hotel babylon.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jenny G

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed for a couple of nights last week, I was there for a job but had some free time.
After reading some of the reviews here I want to add a good one. I was pleased to get a room with an en suite, as I had not expected that, yes the shower is small but the water was always hot. Clean towels but no soap available, which surprised me, so went and bought some.
The room was clean and staff came in to service the room. I was cold the first night but there are extra blankets available. Tea and coffee is supplied with a kettle.
Yes the street and corridors were a bit noisy, but I like that, I like to hear a bit of life.
Its right near loads of bars and restaurants, couple of minutes from the beach.
Perfect location,
The lady who checked me in was very nice and Tony, the owner, was very helpful, even offered to drive me to my bus pick up on my last day.
The bar looked nice and next time I will go in to have a drink there, I want to go in the summer and see the roof terrace.
WIFI was there but the signal is weak, I could not use it for my work and had to use an internet café.
I found this hotel on Travel Republic it was great value for money and as good or better as others I have stayed in in Benidorm,
I will go there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank thrigby
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Babylon is in a good location for the old town, the food served to us was not great but good enough, drinks cheap and rooftop fab but the rooms OMG..we had a pokey double room facing the drainpipe and a tiny opening between the rooms. The bathroom had only a curtain and the water didnt drain from the shower but spilled into room. The fan hung from the wall by a cable and made no difference to the stifling heat.
Dont stay there, call in for a drink in the rooftop but move on

Room Tip: there is'nt one
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lynne P
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Me and my partner booked to stay here via hostelbookers.com. We were very pleasently surprised when we arrived, a very large grand double bed, balcony, tea and coffee facilities, tv and a small ensuite. The bedroom was lovely and clean, and was cleaned daily. My partner had an accident and the bed did end up covered in a lot of blood, but there was no complaints or extra charges. The staff and manager were both friendly and had a great bar downstairs. The only thing that let it down was the small ensuite could do we some improving, and the shower was quite weak. The location was fabulous right in the centre of old town. Would definetley stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wiresandwaves
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed at the Babylon for a long weekend back end of November. Loved the pictures on the net and chose an en-suite for our stay. Unfortunately the room we got when we got there was nothing like the pics on the net - the view was of the drainpipe in the middle of the hotel, and the en-suite was an adjoining bathroom shared with another room. After saying we weren't happy the receptionist fellow was very helpful and checked our booking. We were then placed into an en-suite with a balcony overlooking the front of the hotel. Unfortunately this still wasn't the rooms advertised in the brochure (i believe they are slowly refurbishing the rooms) but we accepted the room as we were glad not to be in the other one.

The room itself was very basic, a little tatty, but comfortable, and the otherwise clean bathroom had a nice shower - but a shame about the cubicle - you could barely turn around in it!

But despite this the staff are extremely nice people and very helpful. One day we took a trip to Altea and the manager was very nice in giving us some inside knowledge of where to go. The bar staff are great, and the food is very nice.

On our final night one of the staff even made us up some sandwiches for nothing as we were getting a very early bus to the airport. Absolutely lovely and very kind.

Would I recommend this place? Certainly. Just have an open mind and see past some minor material faults with the place as its the people here that really make it.

Room Tip: Try and get a proper en-suite!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stuff802
Reviewed January 13, 2014

After checking in to a disgusting hotel on new years eve and checking straight out, we asked at The Babylon and had no choice but to take the only room left. It was a double in which you couldn't swing a cat or anything else, shower and loo in the room with a curtain over it, however it was clean and for 30e there was absolutely no cause to complain it was a bargain, nice bar with welcoming staff, there were better rooms. centrally situated for the beach and the old town, if you are on a budget this is a good choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fizy13
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We went as a gay couple in October 2013. The roof terrace was nice, but the rest was somewhat of a let down. The shower cubicle in the room was tiny and in dire need of replacing.
Good location for gay bars but it's very noisy all night with revellers and mopeds.
We wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple