“Nice stay”
Review of Babylon Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Benidorm
Babylon Hotel
Ranked #11 of 23 Benidorm B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed for a couple of nights last week, I was there for a job but had some free time.
After reading some of the reviews here I want to add a good one. I was pleased to get a room with an en suite, as I had not expected that, yes the shower is small but the water was always hot. Clean towels but no soap available, which surprised me, so went and bought some.
The room was clean and staff came in to service the room. I was cold the first night but there are extra blankets available. Tea and coffee is supplied with a kettle.
Yes the street and corridors were a bit noisy, but I like that, I like to hear a bit of life.
Its right near loads of bars and restaurants, couple of minutes from the beach.
Perfect location,
The lady who checked me in was very nice and Tony, the owner, was very helpful, even offered to drive me to my bus pick up on my last day.
The bar looked nice and next time I will go in to have a drink there, I want to go in the summer and see the roof terrace.
WIFI was there but the signal is weak, I could not use it for my work and had to use an internet café.
I found this hotel on Travel Republic it was great value for money and as good or better as others I have stayed in in Benidorm,
I will go there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank thrigby

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Babylon is in a good location for the old town, the food served to us was not great but good enough, drinks cheap and rooftop fab but the rooms OMG..we had a pokey double room facing the drainpipe and a tiny opening between the rooms. The bathroom had only a curtain and the water didnt drain from the shower but spilled into room. The fan hung from the wall by a cable and made no difference to the stifling heat.
Dont stay there, call in for a drink in the rooftop but move on

Room Tip: there is'nt one
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lynne P
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Me and my partner booked to stay here via hostelbookers.com. We were very pleasently surprised when we arrived, a very large grand double bed, balcony, tea and coffee facilities, tv and a small ensuite. The bedroom was lovely and clean, and was cleaned daily. My partner had an accident and the bed did end up covered in a lot of blood, but there was no complaints or extra charges. The staff and manager were both friendly and had a great bar downstairs. The only thing that let it down was the small ensuite could do we some improving, and the shower was quite weak. The location was fabulous right in the centre of old town. Would definetley stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wiresandwaves
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed at the Babylon for a long weekend back end of November. Loved the pictures on the net and chose an en-suite for our stay. Unfortunately the room we got when we got there was nothing like the pics on the net - the view was of the drainpipe in the middle of the hotel, and the en-suite was an adjoining bathroom shared with another room. After saying we weren't happy the receptionist fellow was very helpful and checked our booking. We were then placed into an en-suite with a balcony overlooking the front of the hotel. Unfortunately this still wasn't the rooms advertised in the brochure (i believe they are slowly refurbishing the rooms) but we accepted the room as we were glad not to be in the other one.

The room itself was very basic, a little tatty, but comfortable, and the otherwise clean bathroom had a nice shower - but a shame about the cubicle - you could barely turn around in it!

But despite this the staff are extremely nice people and very helpful. One day we took a trip to Altea and the manager was very nice in giving us some inside knowledge of where to go. The bar staff are great, and the food is very nice.

On our final night one of the staff even made us up some sandwiches for nothing as we were getting a very early bus to the airport. Absolutely lovely and very kind.

Would I recommend this place? Certainly. Just have an open mind and see past some minor material faults with the place as its the people here that really make it.

Room Tip: Try and get a proper en-suite!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stuff802
Reviewed January 13, 2014

After checking in to a disgusting hotel on new years eve and checking straight out, we asked at The Babylon and had no choice but to take the only room left. It was a double in which you couldn't swing a cat or anything else, shower and loo in the room with a curtain over it, however it was clean and for 30e there was absolutely no cause to complain it was a bargain, nice bar with welcoming staff, there were better rooms. centrally situated for the beach and the old town, if you are on a budget this is a good choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank fizy13
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

We went as a gay couple in October 2013. The roof terrace was nice, but the rest was somewhat of a let down. The shower cubicle in the room was tiny and in dire need of replacing.
Good location for gay bars but it's very noisy all night with revellers and mopeds.
We wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappyChappy01
Reviewed January 3, 2014

When we arrived after a days journey tired and ready for bed, there was no room available though a room had been confirmed. We were told to go to another hotel around the corner ( bed only no breakfast) for three days and then return and our room would be available. We had to carry heavy bags to our room on the third floor, no lift in the place. The room had a balcony overlooking a noisy street, the cabinet had no light bulb in but at that time we thought the room was OK until we checked the mattress which had bodily fluids and stains on both sides. The sink only had cold water, the male showers were communal no cubicals and the showers again were cold only, no hot water existed in this hotel ! After a few days we were moved to another room on the first floor this as an inconvenience as when you book into a hotel the room should be for the duraction of your stay, this was not the case with the Babylon, this room had a smell of sewage coming through the window and the window was open, we closed the window but it was too hot, the sewage came from a drain in a central shaft no view at all.The fan in the ceiling has a piece of tatty string holding it up and used for switching it on or off ( very unique !) WE again checked the mattress and this one had feaces stains all over it. Apart from this there were constant domestic arguments ensuring , drunken guests, fighting in the corridors and we were awoke at 2.30am by noise in the corridors. We soon discovered that the owner manager Tony was completely complacent about any guests remarks or complaints , they were simply dismissed and never acted upon, usually with the answer , what do you expect it is a hotel or similar. The staff however were friendly professional and hard working they tried to keep the guests happy. We have travelled extensively thoughout the world and can honestly say we have never been to such a place as this, we would advise everybody not to ever book a room at this hotel, you have been warned! There are much better hotels in Benidorm, much cheaper and top quality with clean bathrooms, clean bedding and beds which are also clean, TDT Tv and full air conditioning, no smell of sewage and management that are not complacent. We had no alternative but to stay there as it was high summer and Benidorm was heaving with people. Hope this helps fellow travellers.

Room Tip: Dont think there is one
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business