“Good value for money and close to beach.”
Review of Primavera Hotel

Primavera Hotel
Ranked #67 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Just returned from a 4 night stay. The hotel is spotless. Rooms are spacious , we had a room on the 5th floor with a HUGE balcony although the view was nothing to write home about. The bathroom was very modern indeed and the shower was great. Rooms cleaned everyday too. The staff were so so , there was 25 of us on a stag do lol and we were asked to keep the noise down once which was fair enough but they were not the friendliest bunch I've ever came across but certainly not rude. Never ate at the hotel so couldn't pass judgement on the food. A 2-3 minute walk will put you on the beach front, from there it's about a 20 minute walk to the new town which was no problem for us. A taxi was about 7 Euros. All in all I have no complaints about this hotel and If I returned to Benidorm ( which I wont ) I wouldnt think twice about staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for room 505 , very spacious with a huge balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank FalcyG

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

A basic apartment block. Very quiet. So sleep was good. Very helpful desk staff. Only down side was the room was not cleaned all week. Only towels were changed. Plenty hot water. A great location for all things. Beach. Old and new towns. All in all a good base.
Benidorm palace a must.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Keith H
Reviewed March 4, 2012

It is easy to write a bad review about a hotel when you have paid a lot to stay there. The Primevera Hotel is not a bad hotel albeit the entrance and area around the hotel is not very pleasant. The rooms are modern and well maintained with daily maid service. My room was twin bed en-suite which had been recently refurbished, I even had a balcony which was spoiled by a badly maintained front area (some trees or shrubs would take away the bombed out look).

Initially I was booked in the Santa Faz, but due to a faulty boiler was relocated to the Primavera which was towards the Pontiente side of Benidorm. The receptionist was a polite chap who was expecting me; unfortunately it went downhill from there. The rest of the staff are rude, arrogant and have no time for guests. The night porter locks the doors at midnight and falls asleep in the lounge area, I was banging on the door for 20 minutes trying to wake him up. When he did eventually open the door I got a moody look and no apology.

If you are booking half board…………..beware. When you walk into the dining room (one wouldn’t call it a restaurant) a miserable woman stands there staring and scouring at you. You are offered no drinks and the buffet is limited to one meat or fish. However, to be fair you are only paying a small amount for food and I was happy with the quality. If you are English and are expecting egg and chips, don’t stay here as this predominantly Spanish which I prefer.

All in all, the hotel is good, the staff are dreadful. Value for money……………..yes.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Babylon_Benidorm
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed here at the end of September in a group of 12.
Originally booked into the Faz but got moved on our arrival. (Also included upgrade to full board from B&B).
Hotel is in a quiet location on the outskirts of the Old town but is a couple of minutes from the beach / shops.
Its a long walk to the nightlife of Brit town so be prepared or dont stay here.
Rooms / bathroom OK. Food not great but more than adaquet, free wi-fi and A/C.
Bar prices no more than the local bars.
All in all more than happy with the stay.

Room Tip: No lift access to 6th floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank jolly111
Reviewed September 27, 2011

I'll start of by telling you that we were actually booked into the sister hotel of this one originally - namely the Santa Faz Hotel. When we arrived a representative said our rooms were available at the Santa Faz Hotel but that they were trying to promote the Primavera Hotel and asked if we would mind staying there instead. He said as part of the promotion they would bump us up from half board to full board at no additional cost. I have been asked to move from one hotel before and ended up in it's sister hotel. That worked out favourably so I went ahead with the offer to see the other hotel.
We found the hotel easily enough about a 10 minute walk away from the Santa Faz. The hotel has a nice but dated entry and lobby with a dining room off it as well as a separate bar area. There are also seats and tables outside the front for outside drinks. There is a lift in this area too. The dining room is rudimentary in terms of decoration but was functional if a little too packed at times when everybody turned up for meals at the same time (Yes we did end up staying!). I found the food to be very acceptable given the low rate we paid per night (£28 full board!). However if you are a foodie you'll not want to come to the hotel full board as it'll not meet expectations on that front. Perfectly fine though for people who are on a budget or for those happy to have less frills fayre.
I stayed in a twin room which was sizeable and had a balcony with two chairs overlooking a modern church and quiet road at the back of the hotel. Not the prettiest of views but again acceptable if you aren't going to spend long evenings on the balcony. The room itself (No 201) was a decent size and gave no claustrophobic feeling some rooms can give. The decor was dated though and a bit plain. You couldn't help but feel that a touch of something a little more vibrant would have changed the outlook of the room beyond measure.
The bathroom with shower above the bath was a good size and once again you never got the sense that they were being miserly with space. They cannot be said to suffer from low water pressure in the hotel, as the shower was virtually like that of a power shower. I say that in a good way because it really was invigorating.The towels were changed daily and the toilet rolls topped up so we never ran out. There were rudimentary soap bars and shampoo which helped as we had only travelled with on board hand luggage which limits your ability to travel with liquid soaps etc as well as being a room / weight issue in the case. So you can get by with what they offer if you are doing the same ie. a long weekend away.
The staff were always pleasant and accommodating whenever we needed their assistance which wasn't that often.
The hotel itself is situated in what appears to be a residential flats area about a 15 minute walk to the part of the beach on the main strip which we used. You can get to another section of beach even quicker from the hotel. The start of the main shops, tapas restaurants etc are about a 10 minute walk away.
I have given this a very good rating because of the location, value and the fact that there were 8 of us in a group and I heard not one complaint from any of the group. If you want a boutique hotel with gastronomic delights don't go to this hotel (at the moment). If you are going to spend a good proportion of your time on the beach, in the Old Town being fed , entertained etc then this is a good hotel to pick as a base for that.

Oh, I forgot to say - there are supermarkets nearby too as well as at least one traditional Spanish cafe bar where we were the only ones there who weren't obviously local. We were accepted readily, which I think sums up the 'local' feel of the area where the hotel is situated.

Room Tip: There's one room which I think is on the 5th floor at the rear and it's like a penthouse apa...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank KON1965
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Great location, BEACH 5 mins ..... BUS STOP 5 mins......SUPERMARKET 1 min......INTERNET CAFE 5 mins..... Hotel has free wi fi ........
Friendly saff and guests- - Food great- - No problems what so ever with hotel--
PERFECT -

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
6  Thank markwwalbit
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We stayed at the Primavera hotel from 15th May for 1 week. Unfortunatley after returning to our room one afternoon we noticed that our money had gone from our room (600 pound) . The reception staff were very unhelpful and even suggested that I phone the police myself!! When the police arrived they were'nt much help either and said it was someone who had a key as there was no forced entry (well spotted Sherlock). One morning whilst I was in the apartment, the cleaner came in, she stripped the bed then proceeded to unlock 3 apartments on the opposite side of the corridor leaving all doors wide open whilst she nipped in and out cleaning!!! The hotel is situated in a quiet location but only 10 minutes from the nightlife and 10 minutes from the Old Town so you have the best of both but just be careful

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends