“lovely stay”

Ranked #14 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Calypso is an ideal location for everything . Beach, bars , shops and the market is only at the end of the road Wed and Sun. We had a room in the annex which was lovely very small though . The toilet had a fantastic shower it looked like brand new . Never stayed in for the hotels entertainment as It was not my scene , but it sure was busy . If you love to dance then this is the place to be . Food was not to my taste but in saying that you will always find something to eat. I was amazed that you get free Wifi throughout the hotel , though that is just in winter. Nice touch,. You also get a free night to the Benidorm Palace (winter). The staff were lovely and it was spotless to say the least . We were their during Valentines and got a card and heart shaped lollipops nice touch left in our room . Elaine on the front desk is so very helpful for anything that you may need .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank havenmy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Used this hotel to celebrate a friends 50th birthday weekend. Travelled with Jet2 great package deal. Hotel is in a great location 5 mins from beach, rooms are pleasant and clean with flat screen tv with english channels. Bar lounge is lovely and the 2 for 1 drinks all day is excellent. Staff were helpful and pleasant throughout the hotel. We had breakfast and evening meal package and food was fine, plenty of choice it won't win any prizes but we enjoyed it and the restaurant was spacious and clean. Overall we had a great time and would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Stirling
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Just back from a week in Calypso and had a lovely holiday. We were in newly refurbished room on 10th floor and our room was very comfortable and clean. New bathroom was well laid out and shower was spacious. Food was good and hotel kept very clean and tidy.
Miguel and Elaine were very helpful, as were all the staff. Only minus point - our teenage grand-daughter, 13, was with us and there wasn't much entertainment at all for her age group.
Otherwise, we had a good holiday.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Newcastle and Gateshead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Amazing staff, very friendly. Very nice rooms and the food was out of this world. Very close to the beach and restaurants. I highly recommend this hotel. Only thing to say bad of is Benidorm it's self. The pool was excellent and the pool entertainments staff also!

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank BrookS97
Honiton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

Along with about 150 other people we travelled from the Costa del Sol to spend Christmas 2013 at the Calypso. We were in the annex which was quiet and we never had to wait for a lift. The room was excellent, clean and well appointed. The food was of the highest quality with good choices at every meal. When we went down to the restaurant for Christmas day lunch we found a menu on the table (all the other meals were serve yourself buffets) and were trying to decide what to choose. We needn't have bothered as you were given everything on the menu! I couldn't eat it all! With the drinks being 2 for the price of 1 from 9am until 1am the next morning, it was really such good vLue for money.

Room Tip: Prefer the annex as it is only 4 floors high and we saw queues for the lifts at mealtimes in the mai...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Londonderry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

Enjoyed my 10 day stay though I began to get a bit bored with the sameness of the food near the end of my stay, though the menu is changed every night...but I don't know how people do it for 3 months. Also I agree with someone else's comments about the dining chairs...they are cheap looking in comparison to the lovely sofas and chairs in the lobby and bar.
I would like to have got up to dance but the sequence dancing put me off, and it was on every night during my stay...I strongly feel there should have been more opportunities for 'free dancing, so every evening I just listened to the music and then up to my room fairly early.
My room was very comfortable though one with a view over the pool would have been nice. I was in the annex which had been newly refurbished but I had high rise buildings all round and my balcony which never got any sun overlooked an alleyway. The bathroom had a fabulous shower, great pressure and always loads of hot water. I also appreciate that at the time of booking there were no single rooms left, but I was given a twin for the price of a single.
My compliments to all the staff in every department..very friendly and welcoming..nothing was too much trouble

Room Tip: The annex is quiet but ask for a room with a view of the pool
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
11 Thank Charlotte_W_12388
newcastle upon tyne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Having not been to Benidorm for 40 years very apprehensive but as my wife was taken me away for my birthday how could I refuse. Hotel excellent customer service (Elaine) quick check in and very helpful on all aspects eg bus routes etc, we were in the annex all brand new large double walk in shower really quiet part of hotel(room a304). Food as we were on full board when we arrived lunch was being served so here we go lunch was very good especially the fish from the griddle and the wine with the meal was cheap 7 euros. I know what other people were saying by a canteen feel but its all brand new apparently last year was tablecloths but I suppose cutting costs came in, but food is very good overall and plentiful but not enough for some they still take some for supper!!. I must mention the tourist bus from the airport booked through travel republic 11.7 euros return for both of us brilliant service and all you do for the return journey is see Elaine and she tells you what time and its done .Local buses were superb 1.5 euros anywhere you want recommend Altea and firenstat. great 4 day break and would recommend the hotel great location for all the shows as well.

Room Tip: annex is very quiet away from the road
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple