Stayed here 05/08/13 till 15/08/13 and this is a review of the hotel as it is (not the resort Benidorm). As everyone has different tastes it is not what I or my family liked or disliked. I hope this review helps you make up your own mind based on actual facts of the hotel as it is.
Location - In the heart of the entertaining nightlife (comedians and tribute acts/singers). 5 - 10 minute walk to the beach.
Hotel Reception - Very helpful, not busy with added bonus of a receptionist from Scotland. 4 lifts serving 11 floors the 3 main ones at the front take a max of 5 people at a push and can become busy as a lot of people in groups of two or three do not enter when one or two people are in the lift. The larger lift (around the corner towards the bar area) can take more people but is rather slow. Access to the first floor via the stairs requires your room card to open the electric door.
Rooms - Stayed in a family room for 4. Room had 2 double beds (beds were hard and creaky) dresser with mirror, full height shelving unit for clothes and built in wardrobe. Not much space around the beds and furniture. Room Safe 20 euro with 10 euro deposit returned when key is handed back. Fridge very small (more of a mini bar type). No tea/coffe making facilities. No bin. Air conditioning/heating. Bathroom has hair dryer, toilet, basin in the corner (little room for toiletries etc), bidet and bath with shower. No lockable door. Hot water available 24 hours a day. Balcolny approx 6 metres long, no sun at anytime, nor did the majority of the pool facing rooms. House keepers came in every day.
Pool - Access to the pool area is only accessible through an electric door that requires you room card to open it. However saw a few people waiting until someone came out and then entered pool area when the door opened. The pool is quite small approx 8 meters x 17 metres and is a salt water pool, not chlorinated, so is a bit dirtier than expected and obviously a mouthful tastes salty. Large patio area. Large fixed square umbrellas and a few moveable small circular ones. The signs around state that no reservation of beds are allowed and towels will be removed after 15 minutes. This is not true. No towels were ever removed. One day I counted 102 towels on beds with only 6 people in the pool. These were not used for over 2 hours. There were plenty of free sunbeds however but no space under umbrellas.
Dining - As everyone has different tastes I cannot say if the food is to your standard. It is the 'usual' buffet set up as in most other hotels, lot of variety, fresh meat and fish cooked on the grill, repeated weekly, but can get busy as the dining room is not open as much as other hotels.
Breakfast 08:30 - 09:45. Lunch 13:00 - 15:00. Dinner 19:30 - 21:30
Entertainment - Local entertainers, keyboard players dancers and singers.
The hotel boasts of free wifi throughout. This is very slow and very hard sometimes to connect. We had 3 phones all of same make, sometimes we could all connect other times one of us other times just two of us.
As the hotel is part of the Servigroup chain of hotels all residents are entitled to free entrance to the 10:30pm show at the Benidorm Palace every Wednesday night (a saving of 29 euros per person). You must ask about this as it is not explained and book your tickets at reception. Transport is available for 6 euros per person however it is approx a 15 to 20 min walk about 1.3km. Tickets go quick as this offer is for every Servigroup hotel which there are 11 of in Benidorm.
Overall a nice clean basic hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 4 minutes walk from the beach. Set just 300 m from Levante Beach in Benidorm, Hotel Servigroup Calypso (3 star superior hotel) offers a large outdoor pool, with a garden, sun terrace and loungers. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. Rooms are tastefully decorated in pastel colours and come with a private terrace. They also include a satellite flat-screen TV, a minibar and private bathroom with hairdryer. Air conditioning is available in summer. The Servigroup Calypso offers an entertainment programme and night-time activities. There is a games room and a play area for children. The hotel has a buffet restaurant which features show cooking and serves international cuisine. Vegetarian and celiac menus are available upon request. The poolside Gaudí Bar serves drinks and light meals during the summer months. A lounge bar can be found in the lobby. Friendly staff at the hotel are happy to provide information on Benidorm and its various attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Servigroup, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Servigroup Calypso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servigroup Calypso Hotel Benidorm
- Servigroup Calypso Benidorm