Having spent a previous holiday here a few years ago, my memory was one of a good hotel, would this still be the case.
Having just returned, I can confirm this is a great hotel. From the moment we checked in at reception the impression the staff give you, is that nothing is too much trouble and as the week wore on we realised this was true of all the staff in the resturant, the bar and the maids.
We were allocated a room in the annexe (213) on the second floor, which was great for us as we didn't have to bother waiting for lifts. The downside I am told (can't confirm as we have only stayed in the annexe) is that the rooms are slightly smaller than in the main building. Whether it's true or not, my wife and I found it more than adequate. The room was spotless on arrival and benefitted from a powerful shower with plenty of hot water, a decent sized balcony overlooking the pool, comfortable beds and also a fridge. The maids cleaned the room every day and changed all the bedding twice during the week.
The hotel itself is of a very good standard for its star rating with a large pool area with ample sunbeds, a big bar area with the added attraction at the moment of 2 for 1 drinks offer on selected drinks and beefed up security from our last visit, with a key card now required to access the annexe, the public toilets and the pool area.
The restaurant is of a good size and the food has a good selection which is varied and well cooked, it also benefits from showcooking, so dont forget to check this out before loading your plate up. I must also mention the staff in the restaurant who work tirelessly, doing their jobs without fuss, but always with a smile it seemed.
This hotel seems to be geared towards the more mature holidaymaker ( I say this as a person who is past the first flush of youth) as the entertainment every evening revolved around ballroom dancing. If this entertainment is not for you don't worry as the hotel is within easy walking distance of Benidorms many bars and clubs.
Our last visit to Benidorm was a stay at the Pueblo hotel, another Servigroup offering and a lot of the things I have highlighted here are applicable to the Pueblo, which leads me to beleive with a Servigroup hotel all you have to do is bring your clothes and your money and they will sort the rest for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Servigroup Calypso is located 300 m. From Levante Beach in Benidorm.Facilities and services:Modern building with an elegant and attractive entrance.Large sun terrace with swimming pool for adults and children, sunbeds and parasols. Bar-terrace and garden area. Spacious and comfortable bar-lounge in the main building and lounge-bar "Gaudi" in the swimming pool area. Games room.Entertainment programme and disco music at night. Children's playground.Free wifi connection throughout the hotel, including outoor areas.Internet area at reception area (supplement).Hotel-owned covered parking spaces (supplement): 105Rooms296 rooms with every comfort: air conditioning and heating by fan coil system, bathroom, balcony, direct dial telephone, LCD TV, mini fridge, safe (supplement) and intelligent locking system.The flat screen TVs provide a new digital system with 60 national and international channels and 15 music channels.Restaurant:Restaurant with buffet service and show cooking. A selected and varied assortment of dishes including themed dishes, vegetarian choices and delicious desserts. Special celiac menu available on request. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia and TripOnline SA so you can book your Servigroup Calypso reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Servigroup Calypso Hotel Benidorm
- Servigroup Calypso Benidorm