“Lovely Hotel”

Villa Del Mar Hotel
Ranked #5 of 192 Hotels in Benidorm
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel was excellent value !! Right from the start it was warm, friendly and most welcoming for all ages or nationalities.
We did have a problem with our room and the service engineer called within minutes to try and solve the problem, but unfortunately the problem returned the following day, we politely mentioned it to reception and they were very apologetic and immediately gave us another room without any fuss or disruption, which we thought was very professional.
The staff we all excellent very friendly and most helpful from all levels and the best thing was they all seemed very genuine and really went out of there way to help.
There was a very happy atmosphere to this hotel and we would defiantly return again, good food and premium drinks what ever you wanted.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea view, they are lovely
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Redhill1971
fccobo, Director General at Villa Del Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Kathleen
thank you very much for your review of our hotel. I'd like to use your opinion as an example of what the main goal of our company is, your complete enjoyment and fulfillment of your expectations.

Your kind words about our staff make us really proud and will be directly passed to all of them to congratulate their hard work on making people's holidays the best.

We have intensive audit programmes that help us know the opinion of our customers,
and we will continue to work hard to make your holidays special.

We look forward to welcome you back in a close future.

There are newer reviews for Villa Del Mar Hotel

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from 4th to 8th Nov 2013. The room allocated was 303 with a sea-view from the bed,,, Fantastic to wake up to such a superb view over the sea. The food was very good, and the staff excellent. Nothing was too much trouble. Now a few things that might put people off,,Entertainment was not very good, with only a few people attending and we also asked for a double bed but got 2 singles pushed together, that kept parting during the night... Other wise enjoyed every moment. We will return one day...Dave and Marie.

Room Tip: Rooms 300-310 have lovely sea views...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Dave and Marie,
Thank you very much for your kind words, we appreciate all positive comments and are pleased to know your stay was an enjoyable one.

The main goal of the Magic Costablanca chain is our customer satisfaction, fulfillment of expectations and enjoyment. Reviews like yours help us understand we are accomplishing our objectives.

We have intensive audit programs that help us know the opinion of our customers,
and we will continue to work hard to make your holiday a special one.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at villa del mar, and again totally fantastic stay, myself and my wife and daughter stayed for 5 nights, on this stay we had a sea view room and was well worth paying for a room upgrade, the hotel is spotless, the food range is fantastic , the drinks at both roof bar and main bar are faultless, the staff through out the hotel are very warm and welcoming, they can't do enough for you , the rooms are spotlessly clean and cosy , all in all, this hotel ticks all the boxes, really looking forward to coming back to villa del mar as soon as we can .

Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank THECSALISBURYS
fccobo, Director General at Villa Del Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Dear Thecsalis,

Your kind words about our staff make us really proud and they will be directly passed to all of them.

and we will continue working hard to make your holidays realy special.

We look forward to welcome you back in a close future.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Pork,pork, pork and more pork. I know it's cheap but do we have to have it so much.!

This is my first review on trip advisor and I've written it because I can't believe this hotel has a four star rating. I can't understand why people love this place. I can only assume it's because it has a fantastic position on the front. The rooms are nice but not spectacular but you have a lovely view from the window if you have a sea view.

Other than that I can't see what's so great.

I'll start with the food as we paid all inclusive. I know food is subjective, but really, pork for 75% of the meals(excluding the breakfast pork sausages). I'm sorry but this to me was like a school canteen, you help yourself, putting salad on freshly washed hot plates that you have just picked up. (Come on, who puts salad on a hot plate.?). In my opinion and it's only my opinion the food quality was poor,presentation poor, variety poor. I had lumps of fat on a kebab, luke warm food at the beginning of service. Show cooking consisted of watching a chef do crepes or cook a pork chop on a griddle.

Seafoods paella and mussels lovely. But for me that was it.!

I won't comment any further on the food. Suffice to say that although we paid all inclusive we ate out quite a bit, I could face any more pork after a while and I needed some quality.

As another contributor has recently put the activities were dire. In fact there wasn't any. Not even an attempt to organise anything for the children that were staying. That is not good. Night activities not brilliant but they weren.t well supported.

I had to work a bit while away and I was not prepared to pay extra for wifi in the room. (it's a four star hotel)

They offer it free on the ground and 9th floor. It's useless and hardly ever worked. As there were no activities planned my kids wanted to use it and they were doubly disappointed.

Everything else in the hotel is efficient but no more than that.

I seem to have written one of the worst reviews about this hotel, but for me and one or two others have said, this hotel based on my experience is not a 4* star hotel.

Take away it's lovely location, I don't think it has much going for it.

I'm sorry, but we won't be back.

6  Thank eye2c2013
fccobo, Director General at Villa Del Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Eye2C 2013,
thank you very much for the time spent in leaving your review of our hotel.
We always receive comments in a positive direction, and try to monitor them to manage improvements in our services to match all of our guest’s expectations.
About the food, we every day serve 6 different salads, 4 among soups and crèmes, 2 rices, 2 stews, 4 kind of potatoes, 4 more vegetables, 4 meats, 4 fish dishes, pasta with at least 3 different sauces, a part of cheese tables, pates, sausages, tapas and a big variety of homemade desserts…We are going to vary much the pork into beef and other meats.
In order to speak about entertainment, during autumn time we have not a huge variety of daily activities as in summer time, even if Miniclub is daily open and by night there’s always a show.
and we will continue working hard to improve our service and make customers’ holiday a special one.
Many thanks for your comments which we will take very much in consideration

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is the best hotel we've been to yet. Upon arrival, we were offered champagne, along with orange juice for the kids! The reception staff are very friendly, helpful and give amazing service (especially "Mar", she was the best member of staff by far in the hotel!). The rooms were of a very high standard, they were also cleaned brilliantly every day. We stayed here for a week at the end of october, all inclusive. This is the best hotel with all inclusive, a wide range of english drinks plus bottles of wine, branded beer etc. was included!

The chill out bar and other facilities were amazing! The bar staff were also very friendly and was very humorous.I have to say its the best hotel in benidorm (and we've stayed in quite a few!).

Already booked for next year! Can't wait!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi Room with Sea View!
1  Thank John702
fccobo, Director General at Villa Del Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Dear John,
thank you very much for your kind review of our hotel. I'd like to use your opinion as an example of what the main goal of our company is, your complete enjoyment and fulfillment of your expectations. In Magic Costablanca and Hotel Villa del Mar we work hard to be better day by day and to always accomplish your satisfaction and enjoyment.
Therefore we would like to recommend you to ask for our special amigos card in reception on your next visit, and benefit its special advantages.

We look forward to meet you soon to be able to surprise you with a complete magnificent stay.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My wife is a bit fussy when it come to hotels abroad and we were looking for a place to stay for our honeymoon / first family holiday - we couldn't have been happier with Villa Del Mar.
Upon arrival we were greeted with a glass of Sangria and a huge smile/pleasant welcome.
The rooms and all facilities are well kept and clean. We had a Jacuzzi in our room, there was also a fridge and television. The bathroom had a large bath and various types of showers to use with two sinks. The air-con in the room was quiet but really effective.
We went all inclusive and the food on offer was always nicely varied and well made with plenty of drinks to choose from.
The location is right on the beach and really close to the shops and bars.
I can't recommend this place highly enough, if we ever return to Benidorm then this is likely to be the only place we'd want to stay,

2  Thank Philip H
fccobo, Director General at Villa Del Mar Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear Philip,
We look forward to see you soon, we`ll promise you another magnificent stay.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is the second consecutive year we stayed at this great hotel We stayed from 18th - 25th October.
The staff are all very friendly and helpful. There is a great choice of food at meal times and is always hot and well cooked. The rooms are cleaned to a very high standard and the beds are very comfortable.
We booked the jacuzzi room with sea view and it was well worth the extra money. It was on the eighth floor and the views from the window were fantastic
The chill out roof top terrace is very good but guests do put towels on sunbeds to book them which is against hotel policy. However, we found that sitting by the pool was almost as good although there is no bar service at the pool.

Room Tip: room with sea view and jacuzzi
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Trevor,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate all positive comments and are pleased to know your stay was an enjoyable one.

The main goal of the Magic Costablanca chain is our customer, your satisfaction, fulfilment of expectations and enjoyment. and reviews like yours help us understand we are accomplishing our objectives.

Looking forward to welcome you in a close future.