3,186 results
All reviewssea viewjacuzzi roomrooftop barbranded drinksold townglass of sangriaon arrivalopposite the beachfantastic hotelspa areapremium brandsentertainment roombar staffother hotelssea frontsun terracetapas
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed at Villa Del Mar with my family at the beginning of June having booked direct with Magic Hotel Reservation Department. My shortened comments are as follows:
a) It took from February to April to complete my booking, with various mistakes being made by Magic Hotels.
b) I received a phone call 2 days before arrival, saying their was no availablity at the hotel and they would book my party into the Magic Rock Gardens for which I would receive compensation. I refused to accept this and the caller eventually said they had rooms for me at Villa Del Mar.
c) Upon arrival at the hotel, my party was not greeted with champagne. Instead our bill was presented for payment. This was 600 euros more than we were quoted by the Reservation Dept. After a considerable length of time and examination of emails which had passed between us and the involvement of the Manager, we had to pay over 200 euros more than we were quoted. It was stressful and not a good start to the holiday after a lengthy journey with two small children.
d) The swimming pool bar was not open (although the hotel was full) and the roof top bar was occasionally open. Therefore you had to carry drinks from ground floor to both of these locations.
e) It was a free for all in the dining room and extremely noisy. You had to find your own table, highchairs etc. Although the staff were friendly, helpful and hardworking - they were under much pressure and in my opinion their was not enough staff. My party had to wait say 10/15 minutes for a drink order.
f) The ground floor bar was also understaffed with one person normally serving resulting in a long queue. When I mentioned this to a member of staff the answer was 'cutbacks'.
g) On a more positive note, my family had lovely interconnecting rooms with seaview. The maid service was excellent.
h) Most staff were efficient, friendly etc but they were so busy. The chef was most obliging and made toasties for children. The food was good but not great.
i) Great location but I would not return to this hotel for the above reasons plus the facilities are dis-jointed eg children's pool on a different level to adult pool and on a different lift service from bedrooms.
j) Finally, I did ask to speak to the Manager but she was never available.

Room Tip: High floor with sea views.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Linda R
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Dear Linda R:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write comments. They are always helpful to be able to grow every day.
We regret the inconvenience that may have had as our intention is to make your stay as pleasant as possible.
Also tell I'm the first interested in the views of my clients and even at that time I found myself in the hotel, there is always someone at my post happy answer your questions.
Thank you very much once again.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We traveled as a family, staying here for 10 days in mid of June 2012. The reception and all the staff was very helpful and polite. The room was good overlooking the sea. The hotel is modern, clean and welcoming. The roof terrace offers magnificent views. The thing I liked about the hotel except the hotel itself is proximity to the city centre!

Room Tip: Choose sea view!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Elyur
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

Dear Elyur,

Thank you very much for your time and for your comments.
For us it is very important to customer satisfaction.
At the Hotel Villa del Mar, we have a high rate of repeat guests and of course we want you to be one of them.
Thank you very much from the whole team of Villa del Mar and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

To see people writing negative reviews about this hotel is disappointing. Myself and my partner stayed here for a week between the 26th of June and the 3rd of July and couldn't have enjoyed it more. The staff were incredibly hard working and the manager was always on hand to ensure any problems were resolved quickly (not that we had any!). The petty comments I have seen guests write about this hotel are disgraceful. 'The staff don't speak English'. They speak English very well actually, and even if they didn't, surely it's our responsibility to speak to them in their native tongue seeing as we are the ones visiting? 'We didn't like the selection of food'. The selection of food was always exceptional, and if nothing was to your taste, why did you not ask the Head Chef (who was very entertaining throughout our stay - especially during the Euro 2012 matches) to cook you something you liked instead? The point I'm trying to make here is that some guests are impossible to please regardless of how much the hotel and its employees try. During our stay, we found many of the other guests to be the ones causing problems rather than the staff! For example, there was a mix up between a group of British holidaymakers and an English bar maid. The group complained to the manager about the mix up, who then promptly sent the English girl out to apologise. Whilst she tried to apologise, the group berated her about her attitude, told her she was not suited to her job role and that they wouldn't accept her apology, disgusting behaviour. If you're coming to Benidorm, do not think twice about staying at this hotel. You will have a wonderful holiday and you will be made to feel welcome (by every member of staff) from the moment you walk through the door.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are beautiful.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
15  Thank drsridley

Dear drsridley:

Thank you very much for your comments and for taking the time to write.
Our main goal is customer satisfaction and for this we have a great team, who in one way or another always try to make your stay as pleasant as possible.

We also have internal and external audits that measures the satisfaction of our customers. In Hotel Villa del Mar there is a high index of guests that repeat year after year,and this makes us very proud, even so we still work hard to meet your expectations.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Just got back from a week at Villa Del Mar,excellent holiday.Rooms well spaced very cleaned and good decor nice to see tea and coffee making facilities as not many 4 star hotels have them. Staff helpful and friendly fair enough some dont speak much english but then again we are in Spain.Pool area a bit small but ok for a quick dip the only down side was not having a toilet on the same floor had to go down two floors to the reception area, really think this needs addressing. Restaurant a little tight but staff excellent and they worked very hard, food good and hot. A very big thankyou to Joaquiu the restaurant manager for the excellent service i received as i am ceoliac and he made sure all my meals were cooked seperate. Entertainment not very good. I feel this hotel should be adults only,overall an excellent holiday.

Room Tip: Sea view excellent, but a little noisey quieter rooms overlook the pool but view not as good.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Betty G

Dear Betty G:

It is a pleasure for us that have enjoyed your stay at Villa del Mar.
We have a team that works hard for the customer to see their expectations fulfilled.
Thank you very much for your comments and hope to see you again.

Directora

Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

ive read alot of reviews about this hotel and seam very good can anybody tell me if u can use all the other magic hotels in the resort for food and drinks with ur all inclusive wrist band and can u get a room with a sea view and jacuzzi in it we are looking forward to staying here september 2013

• Stayed: July 2012
3  Thank mcleod3697

Dear mcleod3697:

We we would like to thank you for your comments, we appreciate this comments because they help us to improve day by day. Hotel Villa del Mar have different systems such as Q de Calidad, ISO 9001-2000 certificates and Qualitas that help us to develop a comprehensive monitoring opportunities for improvement in each department of the Hotel.

Thank you again for your comments which are received in a positive direction and in a spirit of continuous improvement.

Directora