“fantastic hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of MedPlaya Hotel Riudor

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
MedPlaya Hotel Riudor
Ranked #36 of 191 Hotels in Benidorm
Stirling, United Kingdom
“fantastic hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

i have been going 2 riudor for 20 years i am not an oap yet from the time i book my holiday asking if possible for a specific room and floor they do the best they can.the receptipon staff from fernando, guiermo, jamie, jose ramon@ bar staff paco, juan, 2 tonys ; simon etc are all very friendly great service.maids do a gr8 job. the food is passable but could do with being a bit hotter.sometimes it is not always possible as amounts of people coming in at different times. i find that older people in hotel are interested in new guests and if u make the effort they will welcome you as many of them are still coming from when i started they have become very good friends. i do realise this is not 2 everyone taste this suits me' one word of warning beware of the bag snatchers this happens everywhere a sign of the times' looking forward 2 my november 3wk holiday and march 2014 fiesta times are very lively 'thanks 2 all the staff' finally 2 the entertainers most of them are good and hope 2 see them in future' george glen mickey lewis wendy mansfield are well worth watching' manager of hotel is also very nice as with the recession this proves 2 be very trying with budget allocated 2 the hotel' Carole Edinburgh

Room Tip: not facing black chicken
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank eriskydog1
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Riudor, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Hello Carole,

My name is Paula, I am Hotel Riudor's Guest Relations, you have probably seen me behind my desk next to the main entrance.
Thank you for beeing so loyal to the Riudor. We are proud of our many regular Guests, who had been coming for ages, and we are really greateful to all of you.

Did you get to tell John or Khalil at the restaurant that you would have liked the food to be hotter? As it takes them just two minutes to raise the temperature of the food containers to keep the heat and with the changes we have had in the weather in these past weeks, sometimes we might not make the best choice of temperatures. We would very much appreciate it if you or other Guests would bring any issues up to us to sort them out whilst at the hotel.

Thank you very very much for your compliments and for taking the time of writing this review.
We will be looking forward to seeing you in November. Please, let me know to benidorm@medplaya.com should you need any assistance.

Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

just back from a great week in benidorm, been to the riudor before so knew what to expect regarding food & the guests, rooms were clean & tidy, fantastic shower, staff all very friendly & in particular the restuarant staff are a credit to the hotel, weather was fantastic, if you go over to the benidorm forum you can read my review of the resort.

Room Tip: ethier pool view or the side away from the black chicken bar
2 Thank get_the_suitcase_out
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Riudor, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Hello!

I bet you are Stephen.
Thank you for your loyalty to Hotel Riudor and for writing such a positive comment about your holidays with us. We are pleased to know how enjoyable your holidays are here.
As I told you before, I did pass on your compliments to the restaurant staff.

We hope to see you back around soon.
Just remember to bring your Amigo Card and to email me to benidorm@medplaya.com if there is anything I can do for you.

Durham, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

this was our first visit to the riudor.on arrival we found Fernando the receptionist very friendly and helpful. the room was basic but clean. the view and the noise from the balcony was disappointing because it overlooked several karaoke bars .the food was a bit repetitive every night,but there was something for every taste .the bar staff wre friendly.the entertainment on an evening was suitable for the clientele this hotel seems to attract,95% seemed to be over 75 and with limited mobility.we used the hotel as a base because it was central for the bars and cabaret clubs and the beach was close by.

Room Tip: choose a room away from the karaoke bars .
3 Thank Violet S
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Riudor, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Violet S,

My name is Paula, I am Hotel Riudor's Guest Relations.
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your holidays in Benidorm.

I am glad to know that our location suited you, and that you liked our bar staff and our Head Receptionist Fernando.
We are sorry that the room was not up to your expectations.

If you decide to come back to the Riudor or would like to try one of the other 12 Medplaya Hotels on the Spanish coastline, please, make sure you contact me to benidorm@medplaya.com. I will be happy to answer back as soon as possible.

UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

My self (21) and my boyfriend (21) stayed here 06/04 - 13/04 and it was such a disappointment. As we departed from Alicante airport and boarded the coach, we knew exactly what we were in for - a coach FULL of elders, and you imagine me and Adam sitting there - yeah, a bit out of place.

I have no problem whatsoever with the elders and I respect them as I wish to be respected but this, this was beyond belief. 95% of the elders were rude, vile and all they did was stare. Some were lovely, saying 'hello', holding the door open as we did for them (which some didn't even say thank you) and offering a walk-by smile - but as I said, only 5% of them did this.

Room (109):-
Well, as we booked we were told we could request up to 3 extras, therefore we requested 2 - double bed and pool view. Did we get either of these? No. I would have been happy if we had just one! Due to this we went down to reception and asked if there were any other rooms available to swap with a pool view. The receptionist was rude and wasn't even bothered, therefore - no pool view for us. All we got was a grotty roof and backstreet buildings. Lovely :/. Despite being let down by the view, the room was cleaned every day, new towels and bedding, and it spacious enough for the two of us. The beds were hard too but pillows were nice. At first, the room was cold (yes due to the weather) but the heating took a day to work as you have to start it off low but then two days later the weather warmed up and it became 28+ so we tried the air con, yeah umm.. this didn't really make any difference. One final thing about the room - the sun only came to the balcony at 4pm, so in the morning it wasn't as nice to wake up and stand on the balcony... Also, on this balcony, there was writing all over the bricks from 1992 and even later from people who had stayed here ... lovely.

Food:-
After you realise and consider that the hotel has 99% of 65 and overs, you begin to see where their food choices come from. The breakfasts are the same as everywhere else I have been - full english, toast, pancakes and croissants. For lunch AND dinner, everyday, as long as you like: lettuce, carrot, cucumber, onion, pickled onions, coleslaw, 2 types of cold pasta (ham and leek for e.g.), beetroot, baguette pieces/rolls, chips, fish (some days in batter, some days not), mash/roasters, 2 types of veg (peas, carrots, sprouts, green beans, cauliflower or broccoli), stringy pasta in a sauce (if that's what they call it), kebabs, curry (thai red curry and tikka masala), bland meat (lamb, pork, chicken or beef) and a meat in a sauce, then you'll be fine. Dessert was also similar, as long as you like: cold custard, apple, chocolate and pastry then you'll be good!

All of the above sound alright, yes, but not every day? It's bland meat (some times not even cooked - I had chicken kebabs and it was pink inside!). By the end of the holiday we started going out for lunch, I couldn't bare the similar food every day, just cooked in something different.

Pool/terrace:-
Didn't go in the pool - in the whole week we were there we saw ONE person on our last day in there. We felt out of place as it was, let alone going in the pool when no one else was. The terrace was okay for smoking, but there was atmosphere with us there.

Staff:-
Rude. 99.9% of staff were rude. Restaurant staff were rude and hardly smiled. They were on your case within 10 seconds of you sitting down. My boyfriend had finished his food but not even put his fork on his plate and they came and snatched it. The receptionists were rude, apart from one who mainly wore a pink shirt, he was polite-ish. Cleaners were the most nicest staff - got a hello and a smile.

Rep:-
Well, unthoughtful really. Clint. On the first day we asked to be moved and he went to price up the move - fair enough yeah he did that for us, but it was the way he did it. He was trying get us stay, as though it was too much trouble for him and he couldn't be bothered. We couldn't move due to the price being an extra £460, so we had to deal with it. After that first day, Clint never even asked how we were doing, if we found it any better or anything. Basically, he didn't want to ask. Oh, he would stand and chat to the elders though for hours on end!

Location:-
Now this was a YES!! Great location! In the centre and close to everything. Every shop you could need was within a 5 min walk and plenty of bars etc. It wasn't that noisy either, plus the doors in the room sound out most of the noise. If I knew previously, I would actually have booked a hotel in the Old Town, which was a 15 min walk along the sea front. It was more welcoming and more to do at night (but I suppose for me being 21 and not 65 you can expect that).

Overall, the hotel is a nice hotel when you base it on exterior looks and cleanliness BUT if you are under 65 and don't wish to get stared at, feel out of place, have similar food every night and want to be happy in your hotel, then I personally wouldn't stay here. For us, it was a choice when booking between Hotel Riudor and the Ambassador Playa (just across the road from Riudor), and I so wish we went with the Ambassador Playa, but oh well it was a roof over our head and some where to shower (which wasn't that bad).

I hope to make sense to people who read this. Consider we are only 21 and how we felt being in a hotel that contained mainly 65 and overs, they catered for them and them only, they didn't care about us two and that was made obvious.

Room Tip: Ask for ones ending in '16' - pool views and more sun in day time.
2 Thank love_holidays_4eva
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Riudor, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear love_holidays_4eva,

Thank you for leaving your opinion on TripAdvisor. We are sorry that the holiday was not what you were expecting.
Evidently, the main source for displeasure for yourselves was that the age range of the Riudor was not compatible to yours, and we are sorry that you were not informed of this before coming.

We are also sorry that no one told you that we do not count with double beds. We were not ignoring your request, it is just that all our rooms have twin beds. And regarding getting a pool view, I am afraid that almost 100% of our Guests ask for rooms overlooking the pool, which are limited in number. Therefore, we obviously cannot please everyone. We are sorry that this was cause to upset you.

My name is Paula, I am Hotel Riudor's Guest Relations and I am 25 years old. To be honest, the Riudor is my favorite Medplaya Hotel of the 3 we have in Benidorm, and it is exactly for the same reason that does not suit you. I find the senior generations to be charming, quiet and polite, and that makes it a very relaxed atmosphere to me. That is how I feel about it.
What I mean to say is that it is just a matter of taste.

We are really sorry that the Riudor did not suit you. I wish I had coincided with you and told you about the great places and activities there are in Benidorm for youngsters, as Benidorm has something for everyone, and I bet that that would have made the difference. So please, receive my apologies.

If there is anything I can do for you, please, feel free to contact me to benidorm@medplaya.com I will be happy to answer back as soon as possible.

Carnoustie, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

we boooked at the recommendation of the reviews, most people seemed to like the hotel, however we were disappointed with room on arrival very basic , no hairdryer in bathroom the view was terrible, to be fair it was right smack in the roudy pub area along from morgans nightclub and the western bar. The shower was none existent only a trickle came from it we had to dodge about to get wet. Rooms were clean as was the hotel and to be fair the staff on the whole were friendly but wouldnt go back in too much of a hurry although it did not spoil our holiday we are used to a bit better. To summarize hotel does require a revamp. Tip Tuesdays, thursday and saturdays great happy hour.

Room Tip: If you did decide to use the Riudor ask for rooms ending with 16 as they were on the corner of the h...
2 Thank susannah175
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Riudor, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Susannah,

Thank you for choosing the Riudor for your holidays in Benidorm and for publishing your opinion regarding your experience.
My name is Paula, I am Hotel Riudor's Guest Relations.

We are sorry to know that the hotel was not up to your expectations. We get many positive reviews because some people have been coming here for many years and honestly feel this is the right place for them, but it might not be as suitable for yourself.

However, we are happy to know you liked our staff, you found the hotel to be clean and liked our happy hour offers.
We hope you enjoyed your holiday and would like to see you back around in any Medplaya Hotel.

east midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our second visit to the Riudor and once again the food location staff etc were fantastic and young paula guest relations got us a free safe for first week with the amigo card ! We had a romantic room 618 very nice indeed with sea view etc adults only no children and nightlife just 20 feet away morgans talk of the coast etc ! Beach just 100 yards away over road lovely swimming pool nice sunbeds a lovely hotel will stay again here soon cheers mike and sue xx

Room Tip: Room 618 lovely
3 Thank focus200089
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Riudor, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hello Mike & Sue!

I see it did not take you long to get home and take your time to write this review down and be a man of your word!

Good to know you got home safe and sound.
Thank you for stating that our hotel, food, staff and location are lovely!
We will be looking forward to seeing you back soon.
Please, email me to benidorm@medplaya.com if there is anything I can do for you.

Valencia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Sister hotel to the Regente, the Riudor Hotel is closer to Levante Beach...Service very good, rooms average size but clean and cleaned every day. Food is very good and well varied with 'special' nights. Entertainment nightly and varied...although the Regente Hotel is more in tune with the older generation the Riudor Hotel is entirely for the older generation to the point my 89 year old father wont return there, he said it was like a residential home in the lounge...this was the only downside...too much like a residential home for the aged!

Room Tip: If you are under pension age, choose somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lifebeginsat4043
MedplayaBenidorm, Medplaya Benidorm Guest Relations at MedPlaya Hotel Riudor, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Hello again Lifebeginsat4043,

Nice to know you have tried both Regente and Riudor. This is Paula again, I am also Riudor's Guest Relations.
Thank you for taking the time of writing reviews for the 2 hotels. Honestly hope you already have the Amigo Card, as you could be taking advantage of being a regular Guest to Medplaya Hotels.

We regret that the atmosphere of the Riudor was not to your father's liking. I suppose you are just missing to visit the Rio Park to determine which Medplaya Hotel in Benidorm suits you best!
We hope that, all in all, you had an enjoyable holiday. And, as I stated on the other reply, you may email us to benidorm@medplaya.com if there is anything we can do for you.
We will be looking forward to hearing from you again.