“A real find”

The Feathered Nest Country Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Feathered Nest Country Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the scenic and historic village of Nether Westcote, Oxfordshire in the heart of the Cotswolds, with panoramic views over the Evenlode valley. Restaurant, Bar, and Inn - The Feathered Nest Country Inn is the perfect venue for those special occasions, from romantic dinners for two, to weddings and celebrations for larger parties held in our panoramic gardens.3 AA Rosettes, 5 AA Stars Highly Commended Inn
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We were recommended this restaurant by our hotel who also booked a table for us. The welcome was warm and location superb overlooking a scenic valley . The staff were delightful and the food and its presentation was second to none . I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough and although it wasnt cheap it still represented good value.

1  Thank Mark B
There are newer reviews for The Feathered Nest Country Inn

Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

If you want 'posh' meals this is the place to come. The service was exceptional, the meals gastronomic, and the setting idyllic. Pity the menu does not offer some simpler items for those who also enjoy good British fare served in this environment.

1  Thank Bggl
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a delightful meal at this gorgeous inn over the bank holiday weekend. The food was delicious and beautifully presented, the views over the garden,enchanting on such a lovely evening. The staff were friendly and the service was attentive, even though the place was full. Could be a bit noisy, but I think this was due to a particular rowdy party who had arrived late for their table. We will be back!

1  Thank Patricia N
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Please, please do not eat at this restaurant. I have just returned from a wonderful trip to the Cotswolds to celebrate a friend's 30th birthday, and we booked this restaurant for our evening meal. From the offset, the female owner of this establishment was incredibly rude to our party of 10. She very obviously didn't want our booking, which was strange, as surely she wouldn't have accepted the party if she didn't want us in the restaurant. We waited for an hour before the menus were given to us, and then another hour before we were given any food. On asking for the menus the owner told me to sit down and wait! I have never been treated so badly by a hostess. Hours after arriving, when we finally did get our main courses, I had to send my steak back (£25.50!) because it was so stringy I couldn't eat it. Unbelievably poor service and experience - I shall never, ever return to this place, and I implore you to avoid it yourselves.

7  Thank shebulau
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Wow I am struggling to find the words to say how much I can recommend this restaurant. It is in a stunning location with views to die for, gorgeous grounds, lots of parking, then you get inside! I had been told that it was special but it is exceptional. I started with Duck liver with gingerbread and a rhubarb compote, a great combination, but the main course took my breath away. Brill with crab and caviar and squid ink noodles, such a delicate flavour but just wonderful. Completed by a chocolate souffle which was light but rich, I loved it all.
My only slight grouch was the service, although very good I do not like being watched as I eat by an imperious french lady who as soon as I put my fork down swooped in to take my plate. I know you wanted our table but at £200 for 3 people I felt we deserved a little more time

2  Thank alibear659