“Good pintxos with a great atmosphere”
Review of Bar Gaucho

Bar Gaucho
Ranked #4 of 537 Restaurants in Pamplona
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Good pintxos with a great atmosphere”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Entering the bar at around 7pm, there were naturally so many people! The house was packed but I find the atmosphere extremely entertaining. You would have to squeeze through to get to the bar and place an order, but it's all part of the experience. The atmosphere was quite festive with all the laughter and storytelling and the bartenders shouting names as they serve orders. I first ordered the ALBONDIGAS DE BACALAO Y GAMBAS. It was nothing spectacular. Of course, the fact that it had been set out maybe for a long time might have had something to do with it. But it was okay. However, I did notice they were handing out a particular to many customers so I decided to do what the Romans do and I ordered one. It was some sort of duck wrap glazed with cream. I can't tell exactly what it was because the bartender spoke in Spanish. But it won me over! The duck itself tasted good and the cream worked well with it! It came with a mango jelly on the side to finish! It was a dish for their 25th Anniversary. If you can, order that! All in all, I'd say it may not be the best, but it is up on the list of must trys in Pamplona.

• Visited May 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“pintxos!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

good atmosphere, great food and a good place to sit and watch the world go by, Bar Gaucho is a lively, busy, vibrant place with a good choice of pintxos- even some veggie ones!!

Visited April 2013
puerto rico
“Delicious...a must”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

On our journey doing the Camino de Santiago....we stayed at Pamplona one nite and stayed at the Hotel La Perla right on the Plaza.....and right across from it...is Bar Gaucho.....I had my best tapas in my trip there. A huge selection of different tapas and all delicious!!! A must.

Visited September 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Pinchos at their best as is the Vino Tinto.”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Everything we tried (8 dishes) was so delicious. Just try was looks good because it tastes wonderful. The house red is very smooth. Great value for money

• Visited April 2013
Denia, Spain
“Character and quality .... And reasonable to boot”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We spent a very pleasant time sampling top quality tappas and local cider in the company of perhaps another 60 to 80 customers ... I'm pretty sure we were the only no Spanish / basque people in there. Says it all .... Amazing.

Four up front staff and at least the same number backstage ( the furious cooking in the kitchen could be glimpsed now and then ) produced a display of tappas that continually changed.

When we settled the bill our 5 drinks and 7 large unique fresh tappas amounted to under 30 euros .... The tourists left very happy.

Visited March 2013