“The very best in Pamplona”
Review of Restaurante Europa

Restaurante Europa
Ranked #6 of 548 Restaurants in Pamplona
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Bogota, Colombia
“The very best in Pamplona”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The Concierge at 'La Perla' commended this restaurant. He could not have made a better recommendation¡ We had perhaps one of the best meals in Spain. The 'cochinillo' was outstanding and the wine list, specially of wines from Navarra, could not be better. It is a five star restaurant anywhwere, with reasonable prices as the 'sherry' on top!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Cocolo47

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Stuttgart, Germany
“GREAT food...horrible service”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My friends and I went to this restaurant during the San Fermin festival, after the bullfight. Going into this, we didn't realize exactly how high class the restaurant was. (the reservation was made by someone we had just met, so communication was not really as together as it should have been). Needless to say, we were not dressed for the occasion, but neither were we filthy or drunk and disorderly...most of us were sober and wearing tshirts and jeans. Despite this, the staff did not treat us very well. When my friend and I got up to go to the bathroom, we went to the front to ask where it was...The hostess told us that this was not a bar and we had to leave. Physically BLOCKED us from going back to our seats. We had to get the other woman who had originally seated us to tell the woman we had reservations. Not only that, but they did not bring my friend her cocktail, I had to order my cocktail twice and they still got it wrong, when our entrees came, there was some confusion as to who ordered what (there were various steak dishes and it was hard to tell which was which) and the wait staff did not even attempt to help us figure it out. We ended up having to stand up, go get a menu, and figure it out ourselves.

Despite this, the food was AMAZING. I had the veal with foie gras and it was one of the best meals I've had. The deserts were to DIE for.

Essentially, if you go to this restaurant expect a good meal but frustrating service. I recommend you make sure to look the part, because if you don't you will be treated badly.

• Visited July 2012
Marin County
“Wonderful food, sterile atmosphere”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I really loved the creative, colorful, meticulously prepared dishes at Europa. Probably the best food in town. However, the atmosphere of this restaurant prevents it from being a must-see place. It's up a flight of stairs next to a hotel check-in counter. It might as well not have any windows and the lights are so bright I felt like I was being interrogated. Certainly not romantic and really lacking charm. Which is ironic, because just outside the door is the charming, energetic, center square of Pamplona.

• Visited June 2012
Waxahachie, Texas
“Bug”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Went there because it was ranked #1 on Trip Advisor. I wanted to take my Father out for a meal to remember and we got it. The place was empty, cold, and sterile. We were placed in a far back room in the corner where we sat and waited and waited and waited. #1? Then Dad noticed the large gray bug in the wine glass. It was upside down and it's little legs were wiggling around trying to right itself back up. Disgusted, we stood and left after placing a few euros down for the water. When we pointed it out to the staff they didn't seem concerned about it at all. They tried to explain that it must have come from the plant on the table and that they's get us some new glasses. Uh, no thanks, no bueno...Adios!

• Visited May 2012
5 Thank JoeG1969
“Tastes of Navarre”
Reviewed March 5, 2012

I knew nothing of the local cuisine but the matron who tyook care of me suggested several, including a split appetizer of two local dishes (at her suggestion). It was wonderful. This is a full scale, sit down, cloth napkin and tablecloth restaurant. If you want tapas go to La Mandarra. It was wonderful. The restaurant is just off catherdral square. The dining room itself has ~12 tables and is not large so expect an intimate dining experience. Again - wonderful.

• Visited February 2012