“Best Steak in Spain”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were advised about this little gem by our tour guide and almost didn't find it. When we did, we were concerned because we were the only ones there at 9pm. However, our concerns melted away when our food came. We both had rib eye steaks that were just fantastic. We are from Kansas, so we know great beef. The service was friendly and professional. A real locals spot in Pamplona. Try it!

1  Thank kansasbird

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I highly recommend Casa Amparo if you're looking for a nice, quiet, friendly restaurant during the running of the bulls festival. Located in the leafy Iturrama district, it's just a 2-minute walk from the nearby AC Hotel (part of Spyns' premiere Pamplona tours). Spyns former clients have raved about the food/service. Most people don't know that Pamplona is a mid-sized city and the Iturrama district is a bit of a concrete jungle. So don't eat here if you're expecting old-world decor as the restaurant is on the ground floor of a large apartment building. Two suggestions: first, vegetarians should avoid this place because it's a very meaty restaurant; and second, for meat-lovers I'd recommend the chateaubriand for two. The meat is tender and delicious.

2  Thank Spyns
Reviewed September 8, 2013

At a time when fusion, nontraditional techniques, molecular or otherwise trends in cuisine invade menus, this restaurant remains faithful to proven Spanish traditional dishes with an ample selection.They use the freshest ingredients with particular emphasis to the extensive selection of the region with sea and land produce. They follow traditional lines of preparation and even the roasted piquillo peppers are prepared on site. The wine selection is very good and the prices acceptable. They have a fixed price menu that we did not try but it read as comprising a large selection of the standard menu dishes. The service was efficient and friendly. The decor is very appropriate and there is a profusion of white table linens. The noise level very tolerable.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

What a find! This little restaurant has a wondeful daily menu - lots of variety - beautifully prepared and delicious. Friends told us about it and or we would not have seen it tucked away as it is. The staff is friendly and helpful and I recommend reservations - locals know it is the place to go. My husband and I plan to always book a table here when visiting Pamplona.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Tucked away between residential high rises this unpretentious restaurant deserves a chance. Their "menu de casa" for 23 euros each was long on choices. At least 5 entree choices available and as many main dishes. My fried asparagus wrapped with ham and dough was simply delicious. My wife's langostino salad was also tasty but short on shrimp.
Our cod main dish was served similar to a fish stew and very delicious. My wife's cheesecake dessert was good although not very creative. My "apple strudel" type dessert was served warm and tickled all my taste buds. All this plus a very nice bottle of local rosado wine for 6 euro and you have a a top 50 restaurant combination. High marks for service and cuisine.

1  Thank Serviceprof