All reviews an excellent hotel hotel is located reception staff comfortable beds garage run parking bull stopover
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2018

An excellent hotel, Pamplona’s Albret
For the price, better than you'd expect.
Hotel Albret has a parking garage,
Our room had a safe and a fridge.
For the parking, one must pay extra.
It is very, clean, rooms, garage etcetera.
Good room, large comfortable beds,
Helpful staff, small lifts, good reds
(From Navarra, Rioja near Pamplona).
The number twelve bus into town, no aroma
Of smoking tobacco in this town except
In the Bull Ring, the smell of bovine excrement.
Here, an exhibition of bull fighting reality
Without witnessing the real cruelty.
For the famous bull run, I wouldn't be there
Unable to keep up in my wheelchair.
I don't attend bull fights and such,
As I think they charge too much!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank PoetPete2014
Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Very good location, very nice facility, easy registration and nice room BUT .... when you have to step out of your room to cool off because the room is too hot and the AC is inoperable and you can’t adjust the temperature in the bathroom radiator, and told by reception staff to “open the window.” Front desk staff advised since they had a strong winter the AC is not on and the the radiator is “automatic “ despite it does have a control knob but it is frozen in place. “The hotel system is ARCHAIC,” the man told us. So, we had to relinquish our privacy and open the room door so that air will circulate through the “open window.” It was not until about 22:00 hours the room was comfortable enough to close the door. We did maintained the bathroom door closed since this was the mayor source of the heat in the room.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed March 4, 2018

Stayed here overnight on a Thursday night.
Checkin was proficient but very little warmth although the clerk spoke English. The second floor room was a reasonable size but pretty basic. Laminate floors and probably the hardest bed we have had for years. The room was superheated and turning down the a/c made no difference. In the end, we had to open the window, however the hotel is located on a busy crossroads and the traffic noise was very loud for most of the night.
The bathroom remained uncomfortably hot and my wife’s cosmetics actually melted during the night.
We had dinner in the restaurant which ok but poor value at €22 for a uninspiring set menu. The food was well cooked but one would expect a better choice for that sort of money.
WiFi was a joke - barely powerful enough to download emails - we ended up using 4g.
The hotel has a garage located in the basement which was good for us as our car was well laden, however we were charged €15!
At €150 for DB&B given the above - I thought this hotel was poor value.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Hotel staff are lovely. Room is comfortable but the walls are paper thin and I could hear everything and I mean EVERTHING!!! from the room next door. This totally spoiled my stay and no amount of banging on the wall helped. Because of that I would not stay in this hotel again. It is not very central so no restaurants, bars or shops nearby and the onsite restaurant does not have a good choice.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

We stoped for the night and found the hotel comfortable, but no air conditioning as I assume summer was over in their opion. If you open the windows then you get the noise of the city with the air you need. The hotel is clean and well run with mostly helpful staff, We went to the old town by bus which was great. If I travel again to Pamplona would use it again

Date of stay: September 2017