“As a 4 star should be”
Review of Maisonnave Hotel

Maisonnave Hotel
Ranked #4 of 35 Hotels in Pamplona
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Located in the city centre, the whole of Pamplona can be visited on foot.
Got this stay on promotion but why do you add 17,50 Euro parking fee to your 'promotion'?
Clean, spacious room with nice bath room. Guess you have to get out of the hotel for the view.
Not super friendly staff but they at least did 'what they had to do'.

1  Thank DavidVanHees
Write a ReviewReviews (1,019)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Fantastic hotel. Really friendly reception staff lovely modern hotel with smart room and all mod cons. Comfy bed and good bathroom. A lively Tapas bar was attached to the hotel and an excellent restaurant. If you want to explore you don't need a taxi its all outside the door! We shall return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Very central location. The rooms are spotlessly clean. When I checked in my room was very warm. The staff changed it in minutes for a different one that was much cooler.

Very helpful, efficient, friendly staff.

Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Ahhh Serendipity… I was a pilgrim walking the Camino into Pamplona. I was tired, hot, sweaty and NOT at all looking forward to staying in the city’s large albergue! As I was waiting to cross a road in the nearby town of Villava and a local gentleman struck up conversation with me. When he found out I was looking to stay at a hotel in Pamplona he emphatically insisted I go to The Maisonnave Hotel.

I thought I would give it at least a walk-by. When we approached the The Maisonnave Hotel we paused… It was very nice… in fact, from the curb it looked like it may have been too pricey for our budget. My husband and I debated, then we decided to go in and just ask for the cost and if it was more than what we could afford, we would ask them for a recommendation for another hotel.

Not only was the cost very reasonable, the charmingly-friendly, informative and English-speaking desk clerk changed my whole Camino! The Maisonnave Hotel is part of the Posadas del Camino (www.posadasdelcamino.com), the Posadas are not a chain… but a group of nice establishments along Camino de Santiago de Compestela. If you stay at one, get their Camino Card and you get a 10% discount from any subsequent posada stays!

We stayed at The Maisonnave Hotel for just one night. As I mentioned before, we were tired, sweaty and dirty… we had just walked 30km! We shuffled in, complete with backpacks and without a reservation. We must have been a sight, but the staff never batted an eyelash at us. We were treated very well. The hotel is centrally located – about 100 yards from the Tourist Information Center at the Town Hall. Our room was a nice size, clean and comfortable. We had a double bed and the bathroom had a shower and a good-sized tub! We had plenty of hot water and the water pressure was invigorating. WiFi was free and the speed was good. Our room had street view and yet our room was very quiet. The next day, refreshed and renewed, we continued our Camino. The subsequent Posadas suggested by The Maisonnave Hotel were also incredible. One of the luckiest things that happened to us on this trip to Spain was learning about The Maisonnave Hotel!

I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank NJoisygirl
Reviewed October 13, 2013

we were on a motorbike touring trip and found this hotel by accident . the outer view of the hotel made me a bit suspicious of what they would want per night each but we were pleasantly surprised 35 euros each, then we paid extra for breakfast, on our trip we stayed at another hotel in this group. the bar area has an old world feel and charm to it and is very pleasant to have a beer or coffee, the rooms are modern in style and very comfy to sleep in
the hotels location is excellent to just walk out at night and eat or drink locally, we didn't pay extra to use the garage area as it was 9 euro each , which for a bike was a bit steep, we had no problems leaving the bikes on the st anyway. staff were very good and directed us out of the hotel to where they thought we would enjoy a night out. no complaints about it at all

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hairbill
Reviewed September 26, 2013

everything about this hotel was wonderfull excellent rooms wonderful staff and great food.The hotel provided secure underground parking (pay) which was well worth the cost. This hotel is right in the centre of the old town of Pamplona and all major attractions are an easy walk away.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed for just one night. The room was contemporary, clean and comfortable, wooden floors (which I prefer to carpet.) Comfy bed, really everything you would expect. Wifi was free, but a bit hit and miss in the room (Ok on the toilet curiously).

The staff were very helpful.

I will however focus on the food!!!! We were enroute to France, so fancied Pamplona as a stop over. Its a nice town worth a visit, but by early evening we hadn't spotted a restaurant we fancied so decided to try the hotel grub.

The restaurant is not huge and being early was fairly empty. I expected standard fare, but was I wrong! We had the menu del dia, three courses plus wine and coffee. Whilst we waited they served us an samll appetizer of soup in a shot glass. For a starter we had a faux rice (fresh pasta) dish with gorgonzola and roasted goats cheese salad. I wish I knew what they did to the goats cheese, it was fabulous. We went and bought some pasta to try and recreate the faux rice at home.

For main we had a cod dish and a beef steak dish. Both were exceptional and washed down with a bottle of house red, really good. We both had a cheese mousse dessert, very light and fluffy, then coffee, served with chocolates.

Service was attentive and very professional. A lovely experience.
Heres the good bit, the whole meal was 21 euros (each). I thought this was stunning value.

Breakfast was included, there was a wide choice of standard cold meats etc plus warm food. My fave was a leg of ham from which I carved what I wanted.

Would I stay again...you bet, would I eat there again? Absolutely.

The hotel has its own underground parking nearby. If you have heavy bags you can drive to the front door, however it is a one way street, so you have to go around the block to get back.

1  Thank Simon F