“Good value for money - maybe even during San Fermin” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Bed4u Pamplona

Hotel Bed4u Pamplona
Ranked #14 of 37 Hotels in Pamplona
Oulu, Finland
“Good value for money - maybe even during San Fermin”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

During San Fermin festivals we paid 4x the usual price / night - but that was the standard in Pamplona! Hotel itself is quite new and usually reasonably priced. Rooms are quite small, but well designed (well, mostly - it was impossible to dry the shower floor) and air conditioning was essential. WiFi was free but worked very poorly everywhere in the hotel. Breakfast was okay for couple of days. Staff was very helpful and spoke good English during daytime (night watch had more limited vocabulary). Staff also managed to acquire reasonably priced tickets to bullfights, saving us the hustle of buying them from outside bullring. During festivals hotel was easy to reach by bus, which ran through the night. Hotel is located in industrial district, so there is nothing to see nearby. Lidl is some 500m from the hotel, if you desire to buy some snacks. Good place to stay for couple of nights or when passing by.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pjotr3k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

As you would expect from a budget hotel, there is not much to talk about. The reception and greeting were fine. Our room was very small, the double bed was certainly not a UK double. The shower and basin are in your room, with the toilet separate. Little in the way of drawer or hanging space for clothes. We were there during the Pamplona Encierro, the Bull Run festival and the cost of two nights was extremely expensive, for what we got. All hotels in the town raise their prices during this week, but over £500 for two nights was certainly taking the mickey. The hotel is on a main road into the town, with a good bus service, the 16 during the day, and the N3 night bus. This one was useful at 5am when we were on our way into town to get a place to watch the bull run.
On the whole, a clean and tidy hotel that would do for a night or two at most, if you don't mind the colour orange. Its position next to a petrol station was not a problem.

Room Tip: all rooms appeared to be very similar, small and basic
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

About the hotel:
--------------------
This is a modern new hotel in the outskirts of Pamplona. It is about a 10mins drive into the centre of Pamplona.

Before booking this hotel, you should be aware, it is located in an industrial estate, next to a petrol station. This may sound awful, but the hoteliers have done a great job making you forget the exterior as soon as you enter the hotel. The hotel has frosted glass, which lets light in, but hides the view. It is very clever. The hotel room, has white blinds, which floods the room with light, but blocks any view.

Why book this hotel?
--------------------------
There are two reasons for choosing the hotel. First, the price and second the parking spaces. (the hotel describes the parking as secure, which is inaccurate. What they mean is they have CCTV over the car parking). The parking spaces are a bit tight (and I had to get out of the car a few times, as it was a rental car and I was a little unfamiliar with the car size... )

Room
--------
The hotel, itself is new. The beds are comfy. There are sockets either side of the bedstand. Enough to charge mobiles and cameras. Unlike standard hotel layout. The hand basin, is 'open plan' and part of the bedroom. I wished for a normal bathroom. I did not like this at all. I was traveling alone. Had I been with a partner or a friend, it would have been something which I would have disliked. For instance, my partner likes to get up early and I would have been disturbed by the noise of the tap running and the fact she would have to put the light. Aside from noise, I prefer to have privacy in the bathroom. The shower door is made of glass (frosted, but top and bottom are clear glass), which I disliked, I would like to have a bit of privacy when showering. I might not bother some people, but it does bother me. The toilet is fully private (thankfully!).

Cigarette Smell in room
------------------------------
First visit okay. On my second visit to this hotel, the room had a smell of cigarettes. I was tired after my long journey. I could n't face going back to reception with my luggage and asking for a room change. Plus, there were other customers at reception.... so would have taken ages. Just left the window open for a few hours...

Booking the Room
-----------------------
First time, I booked over the internet. No problem. However, the second time, I telephone them direct. The girl at reception was dopey. She put on on hold for 10minutes (midway of the booking). I rang off and again was told "hold on". If they are busy, offer to call the customer back. I must have telephone 4 times (over several hour) before they confirmed I had a booked room. I suggest you book over the Internet or email.

Parking in Pamplona
----------------------------
It takes about 10minutes to drive into centre of town. There are underground car parks. Don't waste time looking for free spaces, as it was hard to find (unless you know the area well). The traffic lights in the city centre appear to be red forever, so hunting for free space is a slow process. If you are in town for a few hours, consider paying 2 or 3 euros per hour for a car parking space (in the underground). The blue zones often limit parking to a short time....

Eating Out
--------------
Having toured Spain, I was getting a bit fed up of same-same Spanish food. A lot of the food in tourist areas, is often of poor standard. I was craving wholesome vegetables (the Spanish diet lacks any!). I found 'Wok to Walk' (it is international chain, which offers stir fry vegetable rice / noodle made while you wait. They specialise in Wok based found. Not bad at 6 euros). I can't tell you how happy, I was to see a 'brocoli' after 12 days!!!. They even had 'pak choi', which is a good sign of authentic ingredients. Even if you don't like 'Wok to Walk', there are few other eateries such as KFC, Dominoes Pizza and a few other Spanish eateries (I did n't have time to explore all). Parking is easy(ish) at night, but day time the spaces blue zone (pay and display). I recommend it, instead of the city centre restaurants (at least you don't have to pay for parking at night). This eateries are on a grand avenue. The return journey to the hotel was about 3 mins.

To get to Wok to Walk - Just have your Sat Nav set to : Av. de Pio XII 24, Pamplona ( this is the address for Wok to Walk, but the others eateries in the vicinity).

TV
----
The TV did not have any English channels, not even a BBC News channels. Given there is not much to do around the hotel, it would be nice if they provided some English channels. I did stay at a hotel in Mallorca, where they carried ALL British TV channels (they got this via Sky, which was impressive).

Free bicycles
-----------------
The hotel provides these free to rent. The ride into town is 3km. However, I did not feel confidence as there were no dedicated cycle lanes in Pamplona.

Wi-fi
------
Worked perfectly (on multiple devices).

Breakfast
------------
The breakfast at 6 euros is good value. They had continental breakfast. However, I did n't like the fruit salad. I prefer if they have separate container for fruits. So you can pick and choose the fruits you want. For instance I like to put fresh strawberries in my (pain) yogurt....

If you think this review is helpful - please tick the box!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Flashback1966
expat The Hague
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Don't be put off by exterior or location: in industrial estate, adjacent petrol station. It's only a 10min straight run into the heart of Pamplona.

Colour scheme by Easyjet, abundance of orange would appeal to Dutch guests but spotlessly clean, no-frills hotel.

Small gym with sauna cleverly disguised as a Wendy house.

Free parking front and rear, front covered by petrol station CCTV.

Free WiFi.

Snacks and alcohol available in 24-7 cafeteria.

• Stayed June 2013
Nantes, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Travelling from Murcia spain,stayed 1 night,room was modern ,very clean,but narrow.Reception lady spoke very good english and was helpful.Breakfast was simple but good,--rolls-fresh orange-jams-cereal-hams-cheese-tortilla-fruit-biscuits.Ladies NO hairdryer.Great shopping centre 5 mins walk away.Parking good but not secured,we parked right out side the hotel doors.Would stay here again.Location was easy to find,just of the main road go round the roundabout,you can see the hotel from the roundabout,its next to the garage.

Room Tip: we got room 313 which was at the side of the dual carriage way,so could hear traffic,just ask for a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MARGEY49
Devon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed one night on our way to the Pyrenees .We had a bit of trouble finding it but it was worth it.Sylvia on reception could not have been more helpful and her English was good.The room was bigger than I expected for the price,comfy large bed,good shower and separate loo.It was quiet and there was secure free parking outside.The bus into town stopped just across the road.Breakfast was simple but absolutely fine.I don't think you could find better value for money. I almost forgot to say that it was spotlessly clean.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Analieseandharry
Madrid
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights with my family in January. The hotel is located in a quiet area, besides a gas station, a little far away from Pamplona's center. The location is percet if you go by car, since you have free secure parking. If you don't have a car, you have buses to move around.

The hotel itself is very simple and a great idea: it has all you need for a pleasant stay, but none of the needless extras that would make your stay more expensive. The beds are amazingly comfortable, the shower is big, you can't hear a thing from outside your room (which allowed us to sleep like babies) and everything is very very clean. The size of the rooms is more than correct (we stayed in a triple room), even if you don't have an actual closet. The room is decorated with taste and it's very original, with white and orange drawings.

You have free access to the gym and sauna, although we didn't use them. Breakfast buffet is cold, simple but good quality, with coffee, hot milk and orange juise (avaliable 24h a day, by the way, at the reception desk).

And the best thing of all: the personnel is AMAZINGLY kind, very nice and helping. We will return there for sure.

Room Tip: Triple rooms are, obviously, bigger.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family