All reviews converted palace beautiful hotel old town standard rooms are public rooms beautiful paintings unexpected gem internal courtyard horse drawn breakfast room deluxe room central location parked our car stayed longer boutique hotel within walking distance the hotel staff
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2019

While we only there one night, it was a good stay in a grand hotel in a quiet back street. The room was good with large twin beds and the bathroom had a heated rack for drying clothes or towels. The hotel is packed with beautiful paintings. The front desk staff were polite and friendly. The staff in the breakfast room were neither. Disappointing! Room service was good.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 4, 2019

I stayed in this hotel for 9 days on a business trip with 5 other colleagues, in January 2019. At times, it felt we were the only people in the hotel! I reserved this hotel based on high Tripadvisor rating, but I believe the hotel was nowhere near 4.5 star. Here are some of the 4-5 star hotel features that you may expect and could not find in this hotel:
-No Parking: we had to go to a public parking, about 1000m away to park our cars. The parking was so tight that some of my colleagues did not dare to drive!
- No Gym, No Pool, No Sauna
-No complimentary water in the room
-No real good food restaurant. There is a bar that I do not recommend eating there!
-No view. There was nothing interesting that you could see. The street windows opened to a square where young people screamed and spoke loudly till morning every night, especially over the weekend. I could not really sleep. When I complained to the hotel, they said, they could not do anything!
-TVs are old and they have only 2-3 English channels; I assume they were only public or low cost channels; nothing interesting.
-The standard rooms are really small, especially if you travel from US or Canada.
On top of these, my personal experience with the receptionists was also very poor. I had reservation for a standard room. I told them that I was there for 9 days, so I should get an upgrade, otherwise I would go to another hotel. They agreed and moved me to a deluxe room, which was bigger. But at the check-out they billed me 25 Euros extra for each night. When I reminded the manager of the deal, she simply said, there was no note on the file and she was not willing to honor it. I told her that I would not go back, and she did not seem to care even a bit!
Overall, I wish people were more careful when rating places. Others trust these ratings, and when they receive a 3-star service instead of 4.5, it is really disappointing!!!

Date of stay: January 2019
1  Thank TravelAlexD
Reviewed October 27, 2018

One of the Grandest hotels in which I have ever stayed around the World! Doormen, Royal carriage in the lobby, courtyard past the carriage like an external Royal retreat.

Room - great size, bathroom again great size. I went to the bar and asked for an ice bucket - handed to me by the bar lady with white linen across the top of the bucket. Very much a boutique hotel, very low number of rooms!

We had a great Sat Nav (driving holiday from Belgium through Western France and found the smallest cemeteries) but could not find this hotel!

Parking was horrendous - we saw their preferred was already full before we arrived at lobby to check in. The 2nd car park full and after 30 minutes in the heat - finally parked in a 3rd (10 min walk away).

Staff - VERY helpful especially with the town's local tapas that evening! Great recommendation! Thank you. Towels were changed (after we had showered and gone out for dinner) and curtains were drawn whilst we were out - very impressed!

Breakfast - absolutely fantastic. Cooked to order!

Loved Pamplona, wished we could have stayed longer! We will be back to the hotel, when next on the other side of the world!

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank KellieandMarke
Reviewed October 8, 2018

Indeed a palace, with dignitaries lining the walls, plush furnishings, a grand gate, chamber music in the drawing room, and a full size royal carriage in the lobby. A comfy bed, but cramped at its foot, a mere few inches from the wall where a small TV hangs, so I ran into it often. A constant high-pitched whistle from the pipes in the bathroom. Beautiful streets in the wee hours. Good location, but parking is a couple blocks away and is very cramped for a large car. WiFi ranges from marginal to miserable, with numerous SSIDs that come and go. Breakfast was very dry but the fruit and fresh squeezed orange juice were amazing. Seems to be popular with Camino hikers, 5 sets of whom were complaining about all their aches and blisters, moving between English and Spanish several times in a sentence.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2018

We loved our stay at the Palacio! Luxurious - beautiful - wonderful location. Professional and attentive staff. We will return often. Such lovely and historic decor. Enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning.

Date of stay: September 2018