“Good, but no longer great”

Restaurante El Churra
Ranked #7 of 886 Restaurants in Murcia
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional restaurant with more than 60 years of history, with current facilities . Murcia wide bar with local produce , private and elegant dining rooms and one of the most interesting wine lists of Murcia.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Ate here several times April 2013 and it was close to perfect. Repeated only once April 2014 and it was less so. Good still, maybe very good, but not 5 star anymore. Veg didn't seem as fresh, meat wasn't as well cooked. Prices seemed to be the same though. All relative, but this is in comparison to last year. Still very good and worth a visit - one of the best restaurants we've found in Murcia.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I got the daily menu: for twenty euro, I have never eaten better. I will return to Murcia just to eat there. Spanish cooking at its best!

Reviewed October 3, 2012

One of the best restaurant in Murcia. For some people it can be a little bit expensive but I highly recommend it if you are looking for a good quality meat and a great service. Although it is not located in the center it is worthy to go to the restaurant. For sure you will not regret it

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed in the hotel across the street and this place was recommended by the staff, I was surprised by the amount of people there since it was Monday and it was packed! What I liked the most is the variety of fresh vegetables and the quality of them, all tasted delicious, the salad was fantastic and the have a tapa names "marinera" which is a must have. Wine list is extensive but go for the Juan Gil red which is from the area and is the best value for money. Enjoy!

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was taken to El Churra by a couple of my Spanish colleagues, the restaurant has a reputation for the quality of its' local cuisine. Again, no menu was required, I know we are accustomed to taking the menu and making our selections. There is some theatre to be with the locals and eating as they would eat. Tapping into their knowledge of local dishes, most of the Spanairds I know are fiercely passionate about thier region and its bounty and taken great pride in it and sharing it with their guests/ friends. I'm more than happy to allow them to take the strain allowing me to "tuck in"

I was not disappointed, the selection of dishes reflected the abundance of fresh produce from the region.

2  Thank mobile_mackem