All reviews yoga retreat home from home hot tub swimming pool take home great teacher outside world spanish sunshine almond groves well worth a visit dan vegetarian teaching hosts mosaics dogs classes
Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

I have just spent a relaxing four days at Tara Casa with friends on a yoga holiday. It was extremely relaxing, having the feel of a welcoming home with excellent food and facilities. Our hosts, Dan and Viv were friendly but non obtrusive and were available if we had any queries. The accommodation was clean and homely, and the meals each day were so good that no-one in our group noticed that they were all vegetarian. For those that wanted to do so,there was the opportunity to do mosaics which was great fun, but there was also ample opportunity to relax around the pool and take advantage of the beautiful weather. It would not suit anyone wanting a lively holiday with bars/restaurants and night life as there is very little around the villa but is an ideal holiday for anyone wanting to escape from the stresses of life.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
PIlatesYogaTaraCasa, Owner at Tara Casa, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2018

Reviewed June 5, 2018

I haven't been abroad for ages so this was a great way to start using my passport again.
I shared a room, with a spacious bathroom, with a friend and we were both very comfortable.
The studio was light and airy and perfect for our yoga classes. We had all our meals outside. The food was delicious and although I am not a vegetarian, Dan could easily convert me!
The pool is large and is surrounded by lovely plants. The sun beds are arranged at either end of the pool but can easily be moved.
I felt so relaxed in this home from home and would happily return.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Reviewed June 3, 2018

One of the best weeks of my life! From the minute we arrived to the minute we left, tranquillity reigned. Viv and Dan could not have been more helpful, always there in the background to provide for every need (but never imposing). I especially loved my little attic room - it was very cute and cosy but still had everything I needed for a comfortable stay. The food was incredible, and it was exciting to see what was on offer each day. I was very proud of the mosaic I made (cough - thanks Dan). Hopefully will be back next year!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you so much from both of us. We will keep your room especially for you for next year.

Reviewed May 29, 2018

A very warm welcome received from Viv and Dan who couldn't have been more helpful. I confess I was disappointed with the size of the room and ensuite allocated to my friend and I, although given that it is a home from home, this was more to do with my expectations. The communal spaces were comfortable to use and enjoy.

The delicious wholesome food (as mentioned in other reviews) and other amenities were all very good indeed.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
PIlatesYogaTaraCasa, Owner at Tara Casa, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2018

Hi Daisy, we are glad you enjoyed it apart from the room. It is our smallest room and shower and if you return, we will make sure when the group rooms are allocated, that you will benefit from one of the bigger rooms.

Reviewed May 26, 2018

As a yoga teacher taking my students away for my first yoga holiday and some of theirs this was everything I hoped it would be: On arrival Viv and Dan couldn't have been more welcoming. The food was vegetarian, homemade and plentiful for the whole time with a light breakfast before class and a delicious brunch to follow. After evening class every dinner was taken outside by the pool. Dan is an excellent artist and 5 of the group, myself included, made mosaics during our free time. We had such a lot of laughs sitting together making these and my students were amazed at their efforts proudly packing them away to show everyone when they got home.
This is a home, not a spa which is exactly what I envisaged and all the better for it. Very relaxing and the chance for everyone to stop, take a breath, look at the birds and garden and just be.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 655jilla
PIlatesYogaTaraCasa, Owner at Tara Casa, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2018

Thank you Jill, it was a pleasure to have such a lovely group to come and share our home/retreat