All reviews yoga retreat home from home hot tub take home lovely trip great teacher outside world quirky touches spanish sunshine almond groves swimming pool lasagna well worth a visit dan vegetarian teaching hosts
Reviewed November 17, 2017

I have just returned from my first visit to Tara Casa with a friend, and can honestly say that is was probably the most relaxing holiday I have ever had.

The venue was the perfect place to ‘get away from it all’, being situated in a small country village , but close enough to Cartagena & other places if you would like to get out & about.

The retreat is very much a home from home and we were made to feel very welcome from the start. The villa & grounds are lovely and clean with pool, hot-tub, beautiful fruit trees (that we were free to pick) and a variety of comfortable areas to sit and chill.

We had booked a combined Mosaic & Pilates week , which still left us with plenty of time to read and relax in between sessions. The mosaics were really enjoyable and a fantastic way to just switch off from everything. Plus it was a bonus to have a souvenir to take home with us. Dan was a great tutor, explaining and demonstrating the process, offering advice and helping us along where needed.

I had five different Pilates sessions with Viv - both mat work & using the reformer , and she was very happy to fit these in when it suited me . She also took great care to make sure alignment and technique were correct , as well as being extra careful with any aches & ailments that we both had! Viv was a great teacher & it was really beneficial to have such one-to-one tuition. By the end of the week I could really feel the difference ( in body & mind) that the sessions had made & came back to the UK feeling great. We also had relaxing massages from the visiting masseuse which were fantastic.

Hosts Dan & Viv were lovely - very friendly and accommodating , but giving you space if you wanted it. They took care to show us around & make sure that we had everything we needed, as well as providing additional meals (when we were too lazy/comfortable to go out) & helping with transfers to Cartagena and the airport .

We were also delighted to find that the weather in November was still so perfect for sitting outside crafting , reading or just relaxing during the day. All in all it was a lovely week that left me feeling fitter, healthier, calmer & more relaxed and I hope to go back again soon x

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2017

Viv and Dan are the fabulous hosts for this unique home stay in an idealic setting. The combination of a bespoke Pilates workout with Viv followed by golf on amazing local courses was perfect. An added highlight was the opportunity to design and create a mosaic, under the guidance of Dan a local Mosaic Artist. Travelling solo it was also a great opportunity to make some lovely new friends. Looking forward to my next visit.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Mosaicman, Owner at Tara Casa, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2017

Thank you Debra, so glad you enjoyed it and hope to hear about your continued Pilates progress from home. Look forward to seeing you on our next ladies Pilates and golf retreat.
Viv

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to Tara Casa with a friend. I decided this time not to do a yoga or Pilates package as that's not what I wanted from my break. Both myself and my friend just wanted somewhere which would offer us maximum peace when we needed it but also somewhere we could go jump in a car to visit other places too.

This truly is such an amazing escape and both Dan and Viv offer top hospitality. The pool is beautiful and somewhere you can completely unwind and do what ever you want with all the time you have......read, write, draw or just absolutely nothing!!

The food is Simply delicious as Dan is in my eyes is a top chef. Ask him to make his lentil lasagne which is just divine!!!!

Viv also rescues dogs and if requested you can see the gorgeous, cute and gentle 4 legged friends. They are however located in another part of the building and so you won't really see them if your not a dog lover.

The accommodation is very nice and rooms are air conditioned which was great as we were there in the middle of a heatwave!! Everything was spotlessly clean and guests have access to a fridge with all your essentials which you can help yourselves to.

More to the point Viv and Dan were the friendliest of people and both my friend and I were so sad to leave and are both hoping to visit again soon. Thank you Viv and Dan (and Bambi......the cutest of doggies!!) xx

Trip type: Traveled with friends
PIlatesYogaTaraCasa, Manager at Tara Casa, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2017

Bambi says hello and thank you for your lovely review x

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Just back from a lovely trip in Tara Casa. This is located in a very small village with beautiful surrounds, so if it is relaxation you are after this is perfect! We started our day with some Pilates and yoga with Viv who is very attentive to ensure you are holding correct poses. We then spent the rest of the day relaxing by the pool reading books, drinking teas and coffees and eating Dan's lovely fresh meals. Thanks Viv and Dan for a wonderful stay, I left feeling relaxed and refreshed.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2017 via mobile

I have just returned to Tara Casa for the third year in a row. It really is my sanctuary and never fails to re-set mind and body.
There is a very laid back vibe here and a feeling that your time here is completely personalised to you...which it is!
Viv is the most wonderfully sweet and caring person who is always ready to listen. Dan is very talented and even managed to teach me mosaics which is no small task with someone as unartistic as myself! He is also the chef and the meals are divine!
My pilates lessons have been fab and I have never found anyone else who can really know what someone needs and can develop someones technique in such a short space of time.
The villa is peaceful and feels like home. If you are looking for a 5 star hotel type holiday this is really not for you and it is exactly why I love it so much. I feel at ease and the personalisation that Viv and Dan put into your stay couldnt be found anywhere else. I am happy to camp out on the sunloungers taking a dip in the pool or curl up on a sofa inside with a cup of tea. I love the feeling of being left alone to do as I please yet if I need anything I feel very comfortable asking.
I will be returning next year. Thanks Viv and Dan! X