Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,926 results
All reviews train station retiro park rooftop restaurant great hotel hip hotel directly across the street premium room welcome drink top floor walking distance major museums special thanks convenient location fantastic stay an upgrade rooms are comfortable junior suite
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed here 3 nights and hated to leave! The staff was lovely and restaurants and bar great but location next to metro and train station is wonderful! The hotel is beautifully decorated and interesting and super stay for the price!
You just can’t beat this location and clever design.

1  Thank GMAC2020
SocialManagerO, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Only YOU Hotel Atocha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear GMA2020,

Thank you very much for choosing Only YOU Atocha on your last trip to Madrid and thank you for this great review on Tripadvisor!

We are very happy to read that you really enjoyed your stay with us and that you experienced the real Only OU Atocha experience! We are also happy that you enjoyed our breakfast, after all it is one of the best breakfasts in Madrid and what better way to wake up then enjoying your breakfast with city view!

We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the capital!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I can't say enough about how much we like the Only You Hotels in Madrid. This was our first time at the Atocha location. Our room was lovely - comfortable and well equipped.The staff were friendly, helpful and even brought all kinds of treats to my son's room upon learning that he and his partner got married that day!

Date of stay: December 2019

Dear 529megh,

First of all, thank you very much for choosing Only YOU Atocha for your last stay in Madrid and for your amazing review on Tripadvisor!

We are delighted to hear that you really enjoyed the Only YOU Atocha experience during your trip! also, thank you for mentioning our staff. They always try the best they can to make the guests feel like home!

We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Capital,

Reviewed January 13, 2020

In November I booked one night at this hotel for the end of March 2020. I booked a refundable, "pay at the hotel" rate. I checked my credit card account a couple of days ago and saw that the hotel already sent the charge to my credit card. More than 60 days prior to my anticipated arrival date! I read in a recent review that this happened to someone else. I immediately sent an email to the hotel and requested they refund my money and cancel the reservation. The reason they provided for the early charge was that the "system" charged me to "confirm" the reservation. Fortunately I received the refund promptly. However, due to the daily exchange rate, I was shorted a $1. A dollar is not a big deal but annoying especially since I was not to be charged until my actual stay. I am rating this hotel as "very good" only for the prompt customer service I received by email when I noticed the error. I will not be staying here because like the other poster mentioned, this has put a bad taste in my mouth.

Date of stay: January 2020
SocialManagerO, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Only YOU Hotel Atocha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear ElaineP549,

Once more we would like to apologize for the misunderstanding occurred, it wasn't our intention to leave a bad taste in your mouth above all before your arrival.

Following the hotel policy the night was charged only in order to confirm the reservation, but after your request we refund the money as soon as possible; we really appreciate your comprehension giving us anyway a good review.

In the hope you could give us another chance to see you as guest here please receive our kindest regards.

Guest Relation Agent

Reviewed January 7, 2020

We booked 2 rooms and stayed for 2 nights . The hotel is just across the Atocha Renfe Station plus the Atocha Metro is just outside the hotel entrance. Very nice hotel, friendly staff and delicious breakfast !

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
SocialManagerO, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Only YOU Hotel Atocha, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Dear my2405,

First of all, thank you so much for choosing Only YOU Atocha for your last stay in Madrid, and for leaving this review on Tripadvisor!

We are delighted to hear that you really enjoyed the real Only You Atocha experience on your trip! We are grateful for your kind comments about our concept and atmosphere in the hotel, there is no other like it in all of Madrid! We are delighted to hear that you really loved our breakfast! After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and what better way to start it with delicious, healthy food made freshly by our chefs! That combined with the rooftop view will result in a perfect start of the day! And we are delighted to hear that you really loved our breakfast! After all, breakfast is the most important meal of the day and what better way to start it with delicious, healthy food made freshly by our chefs! That combined with the rooftop view will result in a perfect start of the day!

We are looking forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the capital!

Reviewed January 7, 2020

It all started off bad, as they debedited our credit card a week before arrival, though our booking conditions stated payment at the hotel and possibility to annull untill day before. We felt unpleasantly pressured this way. As an explanation (on the phone, phonecall to Spain...), they said it was because "the hotel was almost fully booked" and "it was only the first night". I mailed the hotel to ask further explanation as this was a strange reason to debet our bank account and also they debited a lot more than the price of the first night according tot our booking confirmation. I got the same answer by mail (and for the second time it made no sense), and no answer to the question why the first night seemed more expensive in their paperwork than on our booking confirmation. They spontanuously put the money back on our account....
Upon arrival the receptionist gave us several papers in Spanish to sign, some of which stated again a wrong price per night. They also stated we didn't book breakfast, but we did. Luckily it was a mistake of the receptionist. The hotel is nicely located, the vibe is good and the suites are spacious and spottlesly clean. The breakfast is original and fresh, but could do with faster refilling, as some food runs out and serving plates are not always directly refilled. Receptionist send us to a Christmas market that was already finished and removed. Do not brother to mention in your booking you are on a honeymoon, as they do nothing at all for that occasion.
We had a nice time at the hotel, and it is original, trendy and clean, but not an overall fantastic experience, because the trust was gone from the beginning.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear StevieB799,

First of all, we would like to thank you to take time to leave us your opinion after your stay in our hotel.

In the other hand we are sorry to realize that you felt uncomfortable yet before you start your experience here in Madrid, we always try to do the best to make every guest’s stay a wonderful souvenir to take back home; it is true that the prices change day by day, due maybe to high occupancy, a special event in town, or the part of a season itself, but it is not going to affect the final price you booked at the beginning. As we have explained you by email, we didn’t want to make you feel forced nor make you feel upset and we refund the money.

We are glad you had the opportunity to try the buffet breakfast in the roof top restaurant, is one of the most exclusive and delicious that people can taste here in town.

About the Christmas market you mentioned we are sorry to read that you found it close, all over Madrid there are several of them and supposed to be open until the very end of these Christmas and New Year holidays, but maybe in this case they decided to stop it before the time; we always ensure the right recommendation for those who seek special thinks to do.

Mr. StevieB799, as we would like to see you again in a next and soon future we want to make sure that everything will go even better than this time and go beyond your expectation, please contact us at: front.atocha@onlyyouhotels.com, and we will take care of all the details of your next stay here in Only YOU Atocha.

Best regards,