“A pleasure!”

Neighborhood: Centro
Arizona City, Arizona
“A pleasure!”
Reviewed January 31, 2009

I visit Madrid sometimes twice a year and I make sure I find my way to Marta's! It's outside appearance, as mentioned, is unimpressive but deceiving . I always go for lunch-about 9€- and have never been disappointed! Inside it is small but very cosy and charming-immaculate with crisp white linens.From the fresh bread roll to dessert my meal has always been wonderful!
On most of my visits I have observed that I am the only non-Spaniard there which is fine with me! After paying my bill,I always get the friendly-until next time and a smile !
What a find- to be able to relax after walking about in busy and noisy Madrid!

1 Thank cod

London,
“Traditional good value”
Reviewed July 8, 2008

This is a lovely little place, on a side street a couple of minutes' walk from the Teatro Real in smart Austrias, but with very modest prices, and serving good simple traditional food (though no cocido, alas). Menu del dia, served in early afternoon, used to be (in 2006) 9 euros for three modest but appetising courses plus wine, or other drink. The atmosphere is part of its attraction. The outside is unremarkable, but the inside is really traditional: small (and cosy), with decor of discreet but nonetheless elegant tiles.

A word of warning: the clientele seem mainly to be madrilenos; while the boss probably speaks pretty good English, I'm not so sure of the junior staff. Otherwise it's an excellent find in an unexpected location.

1 Thank Osipovich