“Beautiful But A Poor Value”
Review of Oter Epicure

Oter Epicure
Reserve with
Oter Epicure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,033 of 11,562 Restaurants in Madrid
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio de Salamanca
Reviewed November 1, 2012

At the recommendation of friends who visited Mardrid a year ago, my partner and I went to Oter Epicure in mid-October. This is a beautiful restaurant in a vibrant area away from the main tourist attractions. I give an average rating primarily because we had much superior meals on the trip .... some for half the price we paid at Oter. Go for a special occasion. The service is outstanding. Our main course order of steak and fish were unimpressive as the stake was tough (as others have mentioned) and the preparation for the fish was bland.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I was taken here by a colleague, and I was in for a treat. The sign of a good restaurant is the tableware, and Zweizel glassware for the wine and the ambience and decor was selling me. The food was great, my steak was a bit tough, but the overall experience excellent.

The place was heaving for a lunchtime around 3pm, the noise of life was filling the air and the wait staff attentive to all patrons. The food smell and taste was good as was the wine.

1  Thank Stu D
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We checked the few reviews in Trip Advisor, the ranking and decided to give it a shot.

The ambiance is somewhat sophisticated, kind of a mix of a spanish taverna with a fancy restaurant. The menu is based on typical Spanish dishes, cooked to perfection. We had the Pulpo de pedrero (grilled octopus), which was tender and tasty. We also tried the Navajas Gallegas (a kind of seashell from Galicia), also very good.

From the welcoming staff to the excellent food, the Oter Epicuro is an excellent choice, one that justifies taking the metro to trade the tourist traps for a better option

Reviewed July 31, 2012

We had a very good meal in the restaurant, with impeccable service which was efficient without making it feel hurried.

The menu was reasonably varied and typically Spanish.

Really the only criticism is that while not unreasonable for a UK restaurant it was the most expensive meal we had in Madrid.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Nice modern and elegant restaurant in the Salamanca area. Food was ok but nothing special. Not a very big choice of main dishes. The price was above the quality. The service was very good. Wine was also good. I had the cod a main dish and there was not much fish, just vegetables. My husband had more luck. His pork was tasty. Desert was ok.
Coffee was a high.