“Empty stomach, empty pocket”
Review of Dassa Bassa - CLOSED

Dassa Bassa
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barrio de Salamanca
Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

The place is too dark, the food is absolutely poor trying to be too modern but with no taste at all!
I went with my girlfriend to surprise her, except the dessert and wines everything was really really poor. I never use one star to rate, but for that price it really deserves it, sorry.

2  Thank George M

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Interesting food. Not for folks that like traditional cooking.
I choose the set menu and enjoyed all the dishes.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner there, Dario Bassa, the known chef cook (&base jumper!) came to us and explained us all dishes. You can choose between menu (€56 /5courses) or à la carte (€12 -19/ starters and €21 -29/ main). The food was exceptional, high quality, unusual combinations, a little journey through the world of haute cuisine! Just go there, sit back and ENJOY! One of our culinary highlights!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Really love this place, excellent food, complex cuisine and cozy atmosphere. It is really a must to have lunch or dinner whenever you are in Madrid. it is really well located close to "Puerta de Alcalá", if you are thinking on dinner, nighlife is all around.

Don't forget to try creamed eggs and capari sorbet

2  Thank rachaerandio
Reviewed January 25, 2013

My husband and I went to Dassa Bassa to enjoy the Gastrofestival menu, which is a 40 euro per person menu, three course meal, that includes one glass of wine. It was our first time at this restaurant and overall we thought the food was good and the service was very good.
We were a little late for our reservation and the host said with a smile that it was no problem at all and it was a pleasure to have us. The restaurant is downstairs in a cave-like room painted white. I thought the cave made the atmosphere cozy (it is also a plus that there is no phone coverage downstairs). The food itself was good. On a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 7.5, as two of the courses were very good and the other good were just ok. However, good food with excellent service made for a very pleasant experience. We were there for lunch and I would like to go back for dinner.