“Amazing decor, great food, service and value.”
Review of Ginger

Ginger
Ranked #2,398 of 12,166 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huertas
Description: Cocina mediterranea. Elegante e intimista, una sofisticacion clasica mezclada con una propuesta gastronomica de mercado, de base tradicional y mediterranea con pinceladas contemporaneas. Recetas de toda la vida, cocinadas a fuego lento y con los mejores ingredientes del Mercado en un ambiente e interiorismo formal.
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I loved the Art Deco surroundings and the food was reasonably priced, with great service. Part of the same chain as Bazaar, Gloria de Montera and others where it's trainee chefs - meaning gournet food at good prices and no reservations.

1  Thank case02
Write a ReviewReviews (1,499)

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Wasn't cheap at all but we were very underwhelmed. The food didn't take long to come out which was a bad sign that it was already there waiting. My friend had steak which looked a ropey cut to say the least and his mash was lukewarm bordering on cold. I had lamb in a pepper sauce with celeriac I think, the lamb was not very tasty and was quite dry, had been stewing for god knows how long. My other friend had duck and said it was nice if a little under cooked for his taste. Service was rubbish, some staff were more interested in chatting to each other, didn't even say thank you or anything when they collected our money so we only tipped the coppers. Located near a theatre district so it was clear to us that they were targeting tourists who would be sold on how posh it looks. Avoid.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

From the outside looks busy and promising...inside is just avarage...service is below what we got in other places in Madrid.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I visited on a Saturday with some friends for lunch. When I arrived inside I thought the place looked very tidy. The decor makes this place look expensive, in reality the food is very reasonably priced.

There isn't a great deal on the menu but the choices are good. I went for the lomo and I found it to be quite average. Another friend went for the fish and when it arrived we had a chuckle, the portion was tiny and considering hers was the most expensive she wasn't impressed with the quantity.

The burger looked very good to be fair. Wine and beer was reasonably priced too... this place is worth a go and I would go back. Location is also very good.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Parisian style bistro with a really good buzz to it but I found the food distinctly average,though not expensive. They forgot my wine order but when asked when half way through my meal, produced a small carafe. Surely my fault due to the lack of language skills but they tried to charge me for both,but this was corrected on the bill with good grace.
Was excited to order suckling pig but this was razor cut slices arranged around the plate, not that good but the highlight of the meal was a beautiful fresh fruit salad which cut through the fattiness of the pork.
I am sure I can and will do better as this is my first day in Madrid.
Quoted at the airport for trip into town for €35 but ended up paying €50! Reminds me of Bangkok 30 yrs ago!