“Best Tapas Ever”

Ranked #934 of 14,134 Restaurants in Madrid
Neighborhood: Retiro
Neighborhood: Retiro
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went for a late lunch and even though we did not have a reservation, the staff could not have been more accommodating. We got seated in the bar area and loved it. The food was very tasty and amazingly fresh. Even though it was very busy, the service was quick, helpful and very efficient. Will definitely come back. Lemon tart was to die for.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (600)

Reviewed July 25, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I went this restaurant with friends. It was difficult to get a table because the place was so busy. We waited a few minutes trying to decide if we should go elsewhere and the some people left freeing up a few seats at the end of a table. We decided to stay and were glad we did! The tapas are amazing. It was the most expensive place we ate tapas in Spain. We had the tuna tacos...spoiler alert...there is no taco at all. But delicious. We also had a seabass dish,
SalPicon Templado Y picante De Corvina. It was amazing. One of my favorite things I tried in Spain. The drinks were just okay. It is a cool bar but I don't know that I would go there just for drinks. They don't even give you free appetizers with drinks like most other restaurants in Spain. No matter, the food was awesome and we really enjoyed it.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed July 10, 2019 via mobile

Today July 10th two colleagues and I sat down to eat.

After 30 minutes, we got our drinks finally.

We were hungry, and we did expect to get good food and good service based on the ratings. However, the waiters were just ignoring us.

After 1 hour we had not got any food service at all. No one asking us to assist us.

All menus in Spanish, fine

But this service, when I finally asked for the bill in Spanish I got it. But still the waiter was ignoring us and I asked to pay in with card in Spanish, no responce.

We decided to go, I walked to the counter and asked to pay by card and finally that was possible.

My only opinion, this service really sucks, change out the waiters outside from today 10th of July.

I highly recommend to stay away from this place, my worst service experience ever in Madrid.

Date of visit: July 2019
Reviewed June 17, 2019

After crossing El Retiro Park, we were to this Restaurant by the first time. The experience was excellent. Good atmosphere and service. The waiters very kind and ready to attend. Exquisite food. We wanted to try Callos a la Madrileña and we were not wrong with the selection. Excellent cuisine. Top recommendation.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 24, 2019

So .... the service was beyond bad, almost non-existent. Stopped in on Friday afternoon, sat at the bar directly in front of the beer spouts and servers. Asked for beer and wine, and a menu. Beer and wine finally showed, but no menu. Requested a menu again and was told "we don't have English menus". So, are we to assume that the restaurant doesn't service folks who don't speak Spanish? We scored a menu from the couple sitting next to us.

Other couples who arrived after us, were brought a menu, had orders taken, and drinks/food delivered. It was quite obvious that we were being ignored. Finally, when the server was again directly in front of us, we asked if our order could be taken. The food did arrive and we ate. Amazingly, one does not need to speak fluent Spanish to eat at this restaurant.

The food was delicious, but we left with a very bad taste. Only when the server was directly in front of us were we acknowledged, because we instigated the exchange.

Date of visit: May 2019