“Great location, comfortable beds, very clean.”

Hostal Victoria III
Ranked #238 of 390 Specialty Lodging in Madrid
Austin, Texas
“Great location, comfortable beds, very clean.”
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Location excellent, centrally located within a block of the Sol central square where all the metros connect. Hotel does have elevator, which although small accomodated 2 people and 2 suitcases (tight squeeze). Entry is locked and staff buzzes you in so very good security for your peace of mind. Room was good size, with window you could step out to view street below. Only complaint I have is small size of bath and placement of toliet made it difficult to climb in and out of shower. But very clean and nice towels, plenty of blankets on the bed. Staff did not speak English but tried very hard to accomodate any request or assist in locating specific sites/restaurants or provide info as long as you attempted to communicate in (in our case somewhat broken) Spanish.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Austin_TexasRedhead

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Hostal Victoria is centrally located so you can get to the shops, trains, buses, and restaurants very easily. My room faced the back garden so it was very quiet. The rooms are very small, especially the bathrooms, but they were clean and served their purpose. We were only in the room to sleep, and I slept very well :)

• Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank kukiimnzta
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Hostales Victoria actually has three hostals in Madrid: two (Victoria I and II) on Calle Carretas (immediately south of the Puerta del Sol) and one (Victoria III) on Carrera San Jerónimo, just a five minute walk east of the Puerta del Sol. I stayed in Hostal II. The main reception is in Victoria I, located on the second floor of the extremely easy to find Carretas 7, and you must check in there. Just a few steps away is Victoria II, which has rooms on both the second and fourth floors. There are elevators in both buildings.

Upon my arrival the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Please note that NOBODY speaks English here, period. I have a basic knowledge of Spanish and this was barely enough to get by. It was no problem to check in and get to my room, however, I had a special case because I had a game ticket for the Real Madrid-Barcelona game being delivered to the Hostal the day before. Unfortunately the receptionist had no idea of what I was talking about when I brought up the ticket and it took me hours to explain. He was extremely helpful, told me to come back in a couple hours, and, upon my return he had the ticket: a huge relief.

I was staying in a single ensuite room (personal bathroom) for a rate of 45 Euros a night. My room was cleaned thoroughly everyday, with all the towels replaced, toiletries restocked (shampoo, soap, etc.), and bed made. As soon as I left the room it was cleaned. Once I left just for half an hour and when I came back the room had already been cleaned.

The rooms are very safe and I felt very secure. Being on the fourth floor of a building makes you feel quite secure. I had no second thoughts when leaving my room.

There is a television in the room, which has about fifteen channels (all Spanish).

Location was obviously fantastic as it is pretty much IN the Puerta del Sol (one of, if not the most popular area in the cities center). Everything (minus the Santiago Bernabeu) was walking distance and I rarely took the Metro because of this.

I would definitely recommend this Hostal and will be returning upon my next visit to Madrid.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank Hrealmadrid
U.K
Reviewed March 21, 2008

This is one of the best value hotals in Madrid in terms of location and facilities. The service is both friendly and attentive.

Yes it is a no frills affair but then again you are not paying ridiculous hotel rates. You are in the heart of the city and atmosphere. A great choice and highly recommended for the smaller budget.

• Liked — VFM
  • Disliked — No Issues
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ANDALUSGUY