Review Highlights
Paella Perfection

Very enjoyable afternoon with Chef Fernando making Paella and a Spanish Omelette. We learned a lot... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Suefrank1954
Chanhassen, Minnesota
via mobile
Homemade sangria, cod fish and orange salad, Spanish omelette, paella and flambeed apple dessert.

Now that I have your attention! Chef, i.e. "Fernando", was knowledgeable, patient, a kind... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
PattiL972
Toronto, Canada

Recommended experiences in and around Madrid
from $79.60
from $68.23
from $85.28
from $96.65
More Info
All reviews spanish omelette cooking class chef fernando paella great teacher tortillas orange salad flambe great class learning how apple dessert private class tortilla espanola great sense of humor learned how local culture classes
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Soy Chef Madrid-- Fernando-- is a professional in every way. He is a skilled chef, knowledgeable about ingredients and cooking techniques, a wonderful teacher who understands his students, and quite personable and humorous. He created a wonderful experience for his class. We learned much about Spanish cooking, and we are now encouraged to go home and fully try these recipies and techniques for ourselves (we each had various turns at important aspects of the dishes we created-- paella, Tortilla Espanola, and a Spanish salad-- and tasted, in our class). Soy Chef Madrid-- Fernando-- made this learning experience fun! Bravo, Fernando!!

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

My friend and I took the cooking class to make Paella, Sangria, Tortilla de Patatas ( soanish omelette), and cod/mandarin salad. The Chef first took us on a tour of the market explaining the layout, rules and how to pick the best ingredients for recipes. We then made our dishes with clear direction from the Chef, including tips and techniques. Chef let us take pictures throughout. We stayed and ate the dishes, then shopped the market to get authentic Paella ingredients that were travel friendly. I think we got a discount because we were SoyChefMadrid students. The recipes were emailed to us after class. I'm happy to say that I really did learn to cook these dishes and have been able to make them on my own back home for friends. From now on, I try to always incorporate a market/cooking class when I travel. Attaching a couple pics of Paella and Tortilla de Patatas made at home in the U.S.

Reviewed July 29, 2019

WOW! We loved all we learned in this cooking class. We started by touring a Madrid market place and reviewing which products should be used when properly making the dish. The class size was less than ten and each person was able to engage in the cooking process. Unbelievable that in one class we learned how to make a Spanish omelet, a cod and orange salad, and a traditional paella. Apple dessert and amazing sangria were also included in this wonderful class. We cooked, we ate and we shared a wonderful afternoon meal with our chef instructor.

Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

We were recommended this cooking class with Chef Fernando by the tourism office in Madrid and were not disappointed. Chef Fernando took us for a tour of Madrid’s oldest produce market explaining so much about Spanish food culture and then we moved into the kitchen. Chef Fernando taught us to cook orange cod salad, tortilla, paella, orange fried apples and Sangria. The lesson was so much fun and informative and the food was amazing. I really enjoyed the technical hints and the interactive lesson. Highly recommended for all ages and we will be serving the dishes up to family and friends in Australia. Thank you Chef Fernando for a fantastic fun afternoon.

Reviewed July 26, 2019

Today I did the three hour Spanish cooking class and thoroughly enjoyed it. Learnt how to make several dishes and our chef instructor had exceptional knowledge to explain why we were cooking the way we were. Great fun