“Probably the best "tapas" in that area.”
Review of El Neru

El Neru
Ranked #259 of 11,704 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Is not an exageration. When come to tapas based on seafood, this is it. For a drink, the Sidra in here is light and delicious. As starter, Tortilla Española and Chorizo.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I chose this place because of the high ratings I found on here... and when I got there i was astonished. we went there on a Sunday night at 10.30pm..ok maybe not to be expected to find a crowd, but the place was completely empty! they made us walk through 3 halls, cross the whole restaurant till the very end where the table were closer to the kitchen and when we got there, it was just us and another table of 4. sad atmosfere, annoyed waiter, food was nothing special, menus were kind of dirty. Would not recommend it.

1  Thank Corrado76
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Lots of athmosphere, very nice staff. I would expect the asparagus to be fresh and not from a can (I know that there are fresh ones in the market, I had some the day before elsewhere), the cider to be of better quality ( the restaurants shows off the fact they are a sidraria). But all in all a nice place although I doubt we will return

Reviewed February 7, 2012

If you want to try the authentic 'over your head' Asturian cider-pouring, this is the place - they also have have ingenious little contraptions which allow you to por it without wasting a drop. The bar is always buzzin' and it's a great place to mingle and have tapas and 'raciones', I reccomend the Chipirones and the Lacon. I've eaten in the cavernous restaurant downstairs and it's a very popular spot, great traditional Asturian food.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

I have been walking by this place for years and only once, quite a few years ago had been there, since it is always so crowded and there are many other tascas etc in the area it made it easy to try somewhere else.

But on this trip to Madrid I made it a point to try it again, I have to say it was my loss not going before, I stopped by in late afternoon wheN it was only crowded but not overcrowded as it ussually is and right there and then promessed myself that in my future trips it is going to be a regular stop, no matter what it takes.

The bar has the best sidra with some wonderfull tapas of queso cabrales and sardines and from ther on until is time to sit at the restaurant for their famous Fabada, LOOK OUT and if you need more you are abetter man than I am.

1  Thank Cenadorvitalicio