“Consistently the best all round gastro experience in Madrid”
Review of Bahia Taberna

Bahia Taberna
Ranked #38 of 11,704 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Este proyecto nace en respuesta a un progresivo desarrollo de la alta cocina. Se ha renovado el ambiente tradicional de una taberna conjugando los conceptos de las ultimas tendencias artisticas y gastronomicas. Asi se pueden degustar modernos pinchos y platos creativos, en un entorno tradicional y de cocina de mercado. ATENCION, LOS HORARIOS REFLEJADOS SON DE APERTURA DE COCINA. ENTRE LAS 16:00 Y LAS 20:30 HAY SERVICIO DE BAR, RACIONES FRIAS DE COCINA UNICAMENTE. ASIMISMO, EL LOCAL PERMANECERA ABIERTO HASTA LA 01:00 AM
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I've never written 2 reviews for the same restaurant. But please read on...
From a warm welcome to a fond hasta pronto, all of team will make your visit a truly memorable experience. Appetisers and dishes all exceed expectations. We have been 6 times which says it all. The place was full last night, and the buzz amongst customers creates a very relaxed atmosphere. Every dish is explained in English, Spanish and some Italian! My wife is vegetarian and the team always rise to the challenge with ease and seem to enjoy creating dishes from fantastic ingredients.
See the photos attached for the innovative gastronomic creations.
The staff are highly trained and love working there...you can tell from the way they talk and interact with each other and customers.
This restaurant is a must visit. Go soon whilst you still can...it will become a destination taberna for locals and travellers alike.

BahiaTaberna, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Bahia Taberna, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear ColinWatt, is an honor you've made two reviews about Bahía Taberna. It is true, that we are thrilled to offer the best of us to try people forget all to enjoy in our place. Thnks again and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

This place is small and off the beaten path.
It is excellent. The wine was wonderful, the food was inventive and delicious and the people - the waiter, the chef etc- were extremely friendly and accommodating. We had a great night there. I eat at really great restaurants around the world and I loved Bahia Taverna. Go. You'll see for yourself. A real gem.

BahiaTaberna, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Bahia Taberna, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Hello TravelerGreg1, it's amazing know your opinion about us and our service. We hope to see you again. Thanks for your review. Kind Regards

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This incredible restaurant is in the most unlikely location, marooned in a soulless office park near Barajas airport. But fear not, it is easily accessible by Metro (Barajas station) and one bus in a southward direction. I walked from my pre-flight hotel in downtown Barajas. On to the meal.

As others did, I ordered the tasting menu and shared a liking of seafood with waiter Miguel, who speaks excellent English. What ensued was a feast of 8-10 small- and medium-sized dishes (I lost count in my bliss.), each beautifully presented, each a wonderful melange of tastes. I have never had a meal like this.

I was not initially aware of this, but the person bringing the food to the table and explaining it in great detail was the chef and owner himself, Daniel Vangoni. He is very approachable, speaks excellent English, and seems to get great enjoyment performing anonymously -- no toque for this chef -- to the delight of his clients.

It has been said by others, but I found this the best restaurant during my week´s stay in Madrid, and possibly in my life. That it cost less than 50 euros, including 3 glasses of wine, makes it a remarkable value as well.

Please do yourself a favor and make the surprising easy trek to this gem of a restaurant. And watch out for Chef Vangoni. Fame surely awaits him.

1  Thank AjayLA2
BahiaTaberna, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Bahia Taberna, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Hello DesignForLiving, We are really proud to be one of your favorite restaurants. We hope to recieve you on your next trip to Spain. Thank you for your review, kind regards.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Since I run a tapas tour in Madrid I felt obliged to pay a visit to Bahia Taberna. This bar demands more than one visit to be fully enjoyed. This is due to the fact that their communication is not the best. I needed to phone them to find their working hours and their website did not give me much of and idea of what they offer. We had the tasting menu which is impossible to recommend because it is always changing in price and dishes. They have a written menu of "pintxos" and "raciones" and there is also a blackboard with seasonal dishes. For what is worth, I was not impressed by their:
Brussels sprout (Col de Bruselas)
Ox tails (rabo de toro)
Foie gras

But I was truly blown away by their:
Baby squid pizza----> 5 Euros--> great value, unforgettable dish, deserves a Michelin star
Grouper dish
Chocolate, orange, salt and oil dessert

If you are attending a trade fair in Madrid this is the restaurant to visit since it is very close to IFEMA.

BahiaTaberna, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Bahia Taberna, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Hi WalksofMadrid, thank for your review. We would start saying that we are making a new website with all the information about the opening times and a reservation form directly from the web. In other hand it´s amazing read in your post that you apreciate our courses and tapas and we hope to see you again. Kind Regards

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have eaten at thousands of restaurants around the world over the past sixty years and only a few remain truly memorable. Our dining at Bahia Taberna will join that select group. Specifically, the restaurant is divided into two parts.The front area with the bar is more for typical drinking and tapas at tables. The back room is "white table cloth" primarily for full dinners, although they too are build around tapas.

Most diners were savoring the "tasting menu" which consists of perhaps eight consecutive small portions which are updated frequently by the chef-owner. These are not the strange "vertical structures" that some chefs are so proud of and are mysteries to most diners, but are remarkably creative and absolutely delicious. You can order off of the full menu, but go with the best and order the tasting menu. The server told us that whenever we felt that we had enough, he could stop the flow. But we never did and shared both of the available deserts.

Service is excellent and servers very knowlegeble. The open kitchen showed a very active chef who somehow had time to visit each table. Considering the fine dining and an unusual amount of wine that we both enjoyed, the price was also remarkably reasonable. As Michelin might say, Bahia Taberna is "worth a special trip."

1  Thank Stuart S
BahiaTaberna, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Bahia Taberna, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Thanks for your review Stuart S, it´s a pleasure read your post. In other hand is an honour to be part of your memorable restaurants. We hope to see you again, kind regards