“A must in Madrid but to avoid on Saturday nights” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Public

Public
Ranked #717 of 10,438 Restaurants in Madrid
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Malasana
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“A must in Madrid but to avoid on Saturday nights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2012

I lived in Madrid for almost 3 years and the first time I went to Public I knew it wouldn't be the last.

The food it's great (even though they haven't change the menu since I know the place) and the value is almost unbeatable.
I always try to order different things but I usually end up ordering "Milhojas de solomillo y foie" because it's delicious. For dessert, the "mousse de chocolate blanco y mascarpone" is the best choice, naughty and yummy.

The service is usually good but if you go on a busy time (Friday nights and specially Saturday nights when it gets intensely busy) they are extremely pushy trying to make you leave as soon as possible, so unless you go early (they don't accept reservations) you would not be able to enjoy the place as its best.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“One of my favorite restaurants in Madrid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Amazing restaurant. Excellent food, great service and very reasonably priced for Madrid. Restaurant is generally packed with long wait times, so plan accordingly. It opens at 8.30 and if you go around 8.30, you have a better chance of getting a table.

Visited November 2012
Fort Lauderdale
“Good recommendation by local friend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

A friend who lives in Madrid took us to this restaurant, one of several owned by the same chef. He tends to place his restaurants in unusual parts of the city, but all of them are always crowded.
The decor is very comfortable, the staff are well trained, many of them originating from the Phillipines.
Our dinner was very good as was the wine selection.

Bournemouth
“Interesting restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went here based on a recommendation from our hotel. I had a quick look on trip advisor beforehand so was aware from the comments that the road was frequented by prostitutes. There is no need to be put off by this at all but it was mentioned by the hotel. We got there early but it seemed popular as it filled up quickly. They had an English menu and there was plenty to choose from. I had fettuccini to start which was excellent. For main I chose pork which probably wasn't the best choice on my part, my wife had the tuna which was excellent. Reasonably priced with good service. Would certainly recommend this restaurant.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
“Mediocre food and uninspired service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

We went based on the recommendation of our hotel and a quick look at Trip Advisor. The food was way overdone -- too much butter, too many herbs, and cooked too long. Additionally, this was the least inspired service we've had in Spain. The waiter barely went through the motions. Our last night in Madrid and a real disappointment.

2 Thank BrynMawr1