“Interesting restaurant”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Malasana
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We went here based on a recommendation from our hotel. I had a quick look on trip advisor beforehand so was aware from the comments that the road was frequented by prostitutes. There is no need to be put off by this at all but it was mentioned by the hotel. We got there early but it seemed popular as it filled up quickly. They had an English menu and there was plenty to choose from. I had fettuccini to start which was excellent. For main I chose pork which probably wasn't the best choice on my part, my wife had the tuna which was excellent. Reasonably priced with good service. Would certainly recommend this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Public

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We went based on the recommendation of our hotel and a quick look at Trip Advisor. The food was way overdone -- too much butter, too many herbs, and cooked too long. Additionally, this was the least inspired service we've had in Spain. The waiter barely went through the motions. Our last night in Madrid and a real disappointment.

2  Thank BrynMawr1
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had been walking for ages trying to find somewhere to eat & kind of we're a little bit lost.
Please do not be put off by the very random menu, or by the craziness of foods mixed together. I had pork with cherries & it was divine!
Good wine choice which is reasonably priced.
Staff lacking in English, but food made up for it.
Looked very expensive but it was very good value for money.
Definately worth a isit.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have been visiting this place a couple of times a year (or more) in the summer for 3 years and when I arrive am always made to feel like I am a welcome regular. It is definitely my favourite of the "group" (see their website). The location can be a bit "off putting" on a street that has more than its share of "working girls" but the decor is definitely upscale and belies a very affordable restaurant with a rather eclectic menu that can be counted on to satisfy. While not exclusively "Spanish" you will find some dishes that are more "traditional" as well - maybe not "haute cuisine" but look at the prices. They have a wide selection of wines that are also very affordable. Service is very discreet and not imposing but responsive to the diners needs and to any gestures of friendliness. Centrally-located and generally (except weekends) devoid of the line-ups one encounters at their sister restaurants.

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Very nice atmosphere, good food ( whereas not authentic mediterranean food because owned by Asiatic) and overall CHEAP !!