“Legend steaks, service a bit rough round the edges”

La Cabana Argentina
Ranked #41 of 10,992 Restaurants in Madrid
Cuisines: Argentinean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Huertas
Madrid, Spain
“Legend steaks, service a bit rough round the edges”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Have visited a number of times and the primary reason for returning is definitely the quality of the food - I am a carnivore of note and the steaks here have always been of a very high standard, and for what you get, at a relatively decent price too. Service could do with a little more finesse though - friendly enough, but, for example our wine was brought to the table and opened, without showing us the bottle. Turned out it was not the Reserva per the menu, but a much younger wine - when questioned, I was told that "that is the wine and that is the price". When ordering the 2nd bottle the waitress did offer to bring us the other wine, of the two we were originally contemplating and both of which were called "Reservas" - this was clearly a Reserva, oh and the same price. So I felt their not showing us the bottle may have been because they knew they were not serving what they were selling - not great ! That said, it only applied to the wine, the rest was good and make no mistake, I will be back (just next time, insist to see the unopened wine first)

• Visited October 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
“Top quality cuisine, service ok”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Have visited a number of times and the primary reason for returning is definitely the quality of the food - I am a carnivore of note and the steaks here have always been of a very high standard, and for what you get, at a relatively decent price too. Service could do with a little more finesse though - friendly enough, but, for example our wine was brought to the table and opened, without showing us the bottle. Turned out it was not the Reserva per the menu, but a much younger wine - when questioned, I was told that "that is the wine and that is the price". When ordering the 2nd bottle the waitress did offer to bring us the other wine, of the two we were originally contemplating and both of which were called "Reservas" - this was clearly a Reserva, oh and the same price. So I felt the not showing us the bottle may have been because they knew they were not serving what they were selling - not great, but that only applied to the wine, the rest was good and make no mistake, I will be back (and insist to see the wine first)

Madrid, Spain
“Top quality steak in the centre of Madrid”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Every now and then it's nice to treat yourself and my favourite meal is a big slab of steak, a baked potato, and a nice bottle of wine. La Cabaña came up trumps with an excellent piece of 'Bife de lomo alto', a half bottle of Marques de Caceres, Flan con Dulce de leche (Creme brulée with toffee), a coffee and a small bottle of liqueur on the house. It's not cheap, but it's not fast food. The setting, service and quality were just what I wanted on this special day. I'll try and find another special day to go soon.

• Visited August 2012
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
“The best steak house”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The meat was one of the best I've ever tried. They serve a portion of 350gr for only 15 euros. It was a treasure for us. We had a lunch & a dinner there. For two people it costed 50-70 euros (two steakes, 2 entries, wine, 2 limonchelas, 2 deserts).

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Alexandra I
Reading, United Kingdom
“Nice Ambience – Fabulous steaks”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

An excellent Argentinean steak house in central location. 1st class quality produce cooked perfectly. A little rushed service though we arrived earlyish on a Saturday night and felt that they wanted to get another service in. Did not spoil it for us though.

• Visited August 2012