“Love the De Maria in Hortaleza”

De Maria Felix Boix
Ranked #67 of 10,696 Restaurants in Madrid
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington D.C., USA
“Love the De Maria in Hortaleza”
Reviewed December 5, 2010

My boyfriend and I have eaten at the de Maria on Calle Hortaleza multiple times and the food is always delicious. We usually order the Caprese salad, the provoleto appetizer (grilled provolone), a chorizo and then we split a steak. The appetizers and salads are filling enough that one steak is plenty. Their steaks are amazing. They are seasoned and grilled perfectly but are usually served medium rare so if you like your steak cooked more be sure to tell them. I have also had their grilled asparagus and patatas fritas, both of which are very good. Basically, you can't go wrong here. There is a nice wine selection and we enjoy the atmosphere and service. They also have menus in English.

Merida, Mexico
“Excellent food choice in Madrid”
Reviewed May 13, 2010

While my last trip to Madrid I ate at this tapas-grill Argentinean restaurant more that a few times.
I highly recommend the Pascualina (spinach tartar) Huevos rotos (eggs w/ grilled vegetables) and of course the steaks. The staff is very friendly especially Blas and the rest of the guys who are always attentive to clients needs.
I must say that the ambience is welcoming and their famous "Chupito" is the perfect way of ending a nice dinner.
I can't wait to go back...!

Pennington
“Oh those Creole Empanadas”
Reviewed March 17, 2010

On one of my trips to Madrid I had gone on a Tapas crawl with Stephen Drake- Jones and we ended the crawl at de Maria with Creole Empanadas which were devine. This year we did the crawl again and I insisted we go back here to end the evening with Creole Empanadas and they were just as good as I remembered. We went back for lunch and enjoyed other dishes on the menu which were delicious. Of course, I ordered the Creole Empanadas... can't get enough of them. The should bag them for carry out like White Castle.

Hastings
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“For carnivores!”
Reviewed March 17, 2010

In my last visit to madrid I went to this restaurant, the meat is just fantastic, I had the best argentine steak ever!!!!!The restaurant is very beatiful and the service very kind! If you love meat, this is your place!

London, United Kingdom
“Great steak!”
Reviewed January 5, 2010

I had dinner at 'De Maria' in Hortaleza and the food was great! I had spicy sausages and a steak for 2 to share plus a bottle of wine... I am definitely going back to this restaurant next time I go to Madrid!!!

1 Thank graboim